View Full Description
Sitka Spruce & Mahogany
The L-00 Standard Electro Acoustic Guitar is beautifully crafted with a sitka spruce top for a traditional appearance and a superb tone. This stunning sitka spruce top produces a crisp, versatile tone suitable for many styles of playing. The sitka spruce top is elegantly combined with a mahogany body, for an ultimate tone with the highest quality that you would expect from a Gibson guitar. Mahogany offers a rich, thick present midrange and an earthy voice that is especially used in blues and bluegrass music. As well as a superb tone, the choice of mahogany also offers a beautiful grain and provides you with a prestigious instrument that will sound even better with age.
As with many of Gibson's acoustic range, this 2016 model features traditional scalloped x-bracing. This particular type of bracing consists of two braces which form an 'X' shape across the sitka spruce soundboard, which not only enhances the sound and offers a balanced tone, but also provides a reinforced sturdy structure.
LR Baggs Element with Rotary Controls
The Gibson L-00 Standard comes equipped with the popular VTC Pickup Element from L.R. Baggs, which features a low-profile undersaddle pickup that's proven more stable and durable than many standard ribbon-type pickups. Combined with an unobtrusive and removable volume/tone control mounted just inside the Soundhole, the Element delivers a performance not previously attainable from an undersaddle pickup. Its sleek and effective design removes unnecessary internal components to enhance the coupling between the pickup and the guitar, and improve the sensitivity for a robust, lively, and natural acoustic sound with excellent dynamics and delicate high end. The Element works with a standard 9V battery, which is housed inside the guitar.
Quality Finish for an Optimum Performance
Like with many of the latest models, Gibson have used their special sandpaper and polishing compounds to ensure that the L-00 Standard has the best finish on all its surfaces. This includes an improved fingerboard edge, which allows the player's fingers to glide freely and achieve a natural feel. New penetrating and long lasting oil is used on the fingerboard and bridge, which helps to maximise the wood's natural vibrancy for a greater overall sustain and resonance. The guitar’s setup is then finished off with the German state-of-the-art plek technology, creating the finest playing surface possible, and also ensures the frets always give you an optimum playing experience.
Mini Nickel Grover Rotomatic Tuners
With a gear ratio of 14:1, the mini nickel rotomatics deliver precision tuning in a durable housing that provides maximum protection for the gear and string post. All moving parts are cut for exact meshing, eliminating the possibility of slippage. A countersunk tension screw lets players regulate the tuning tension to any degree. A special lubricant inside the gear box provides smooth and accurate tuning stability.
- Equipped with upgraded LR Baggs Element VTC pickup for the ultimate plug-and-play ease
- New Truss rod cover, custom engraved for 2016
- Rotary controls mounted in the sound hole for easily achieving the perfect tone
- Upgraded headstock logo with Mother-of-pearl Gibson block inlay
- Graph Tech nut delivers a consistent tone, string balance as well as precise string spacing
- Rosewood fingerboard edge is softened to comfortably fit the contour of the player's hand
- Finer grit sandpaper and polishing compounds offer a high gloss finish and protection
- Includes a Black Hardshell Case with Plush-Lined Interior
- Concert Body shape offers unparalleled projection not usually found in smaller bodied guitars
- Incorporates Plek technology to create the finest playing surface possible
- Smoother hand rubbed and oiled fingerboard and bridge for a long lasting finish
Body & Bridge
- Body Shape: Concert
- Back/ Side Wood: Mahogany
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Bracing:Radiused top with scalloped bracing for projection and resonance
- Finish: Vintage Sunburst, Smooth/ Hi Gloss 90 Sheen Lacquer
- Bridge: Rosewood with Tusq saddle
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Slim Taper
- Nut Width: 4.38 cm / 1.725"
- Nut: Black Tusq
- Fretboard Inlay: Mother of Pearl Dots
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood
Electronics & Hardware
- Pickup/ Preamp: L.R Baggs Electronics
- Tuners: Mini Nickel Grover Rotomatics
- Output Jack: 6.35 mm / 1/4" mono
- Pickguard: Tortoise L-00
- Accessories: Gibson Acoustic Owner's Manual
- Case: Black Hard Shell
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.