View Full Description
Introduced in 1960 as Gibson's first square-shouldered dreadnought, the Hummingbird arrived at the dawn of a new era in music, and was rapidly embraced by the prime movers on the scene. Built with Thermally Cured Sitka spruce top, the 2017 Hummingbird Vintage reflects the appearance and performance of those early iconic instruments.
Sitka Spruce & Mahogany
The Gibson Hummingbird has a top made from sitka spruce to deliver a richly mellow tone with a broad dynamic range that accommodates any playing style. The top provides crisp, immediate articulation with a fundamental tonality to give the guitars sound plenty of power that’s direct. The Back and sides are crafted from mahogany to give the guitar a strong, clear presence of tone for a rich, warm sound. Mahogany is known for providing a mid-range character, as well as a balanced tone with a dynamic range. The mahogany and spruce complement each other to allow the Gibson to retain its clarity, no matter how hard the strings are hit and offer the classic acoustic sound.
This renowned body shape has been a popular choice for acoustic guitars for many years now due to its versatile properties. The dreadnought body shape maintains the overall balance of your tone, and delivers deep lows as well as crisp highs. Its classic shape offers comfort to the players, and is ideal for flatpickers and strummers.
Comfortable Neck Profile
With its jumbo size and nipped in waist, the SJ-200 is a comfortable guitar to play. As well as a comfy body shape, the round neck profile also adds to the comfort. A compound dovetail joint, secured with hide glue at the 14th fret offers a tighter joint and easier for the vibrations to travel from the neck to the body, thus enhancing the sound transfer. This also provides an ideal neck length for an enjoyable performance.
Not only does the Gibson Hummingbird Vintage Acoustic Guitar provide a beautiful tone, it also includes a full host of ornate details that make it worthy of wearing the Gibson name. Its iconic hand sprayed finish replicates the thermally-aged process for a legendary Gibson Acoustic vintage sound and appearance. A great deal of attention has gone into every aspect of this guitar, including hand crafted details. Its handmade vintage pickguard has been meticulously hand painted with a delicate floral design, which adds the unique appearance of the Hummingbird. As well as this, its Gotoh Relic tuners provide 'period correct ' style tuners for added authenticity and precise tuning. This stunning acoustic guitar also includes a black hardshell case with plush-lined interior for the ultimate protection during transit.
- Sitka Spruce Top and Mahogany Sides for Projection
- Thermally Aged Top Delivers Vintage Sound and Appearance
- Iconic Finish is Hand Sprayed for an Authentic Gibson Appearance
- Traditional Scalloped X-Bracing for the Ultimate Projection
- Gotoh Relic Tuners for Precise Tuning and Aesthetic Look
- Hand Shaped Bone Nut and Saddle Offers Original Detailing
- Handmade Pickguard with Hand Painted Flower Decal
- Featuring Gibson's Classic Nitrocellulose Lacquer for Added Authenticity
- Includes a Black Hardshell Case with Plush-Lined Interior
- Gibson Gold Warranty
Body & Bridge
- Body Style: Square Shoulder
- Top: Thermally Aged Sitka Spruce
- Back and Side: Mahogany
- Binding: Multi-Ply Top, Multi-Ply Back
- Bridge: Rosewood Belly Up
- Bracing: Traditional Scalloped X
- Construction: Compound Dovetail Secured
- Finish: Heritage Cherry Sunburst
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Round
- Scale: 24.75”
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Radius: 12”
- Inlay: Mother of Pearl Parallelograms
- Frets: 20
- Nut: Bone
- Width at Nut: 1.725”
Hardware & Accessories
- Tuners: Gotoh Relic
- Pickguard: Vintage w/Hand Painted Design
- Saddle: Bone
- Rosette: Double-Ring
- Hardware: Gold
- Strings: Light Gauge .012 - .053
- Included Case: Vintage Style Hardshell
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.