Gibson Custom Shop Standard Historic Left Handed 1957 Les Paul
Gibson Custom Shop Standard Historic Left Handed 1957 Les PaulDetails
The Gibson Standard Historic Left Handed 1957 Les Paul Goldtop is a faithful recreation of the original model that was important in Les Paul's history for a number of reasons. A hand carved Maple with an antique gold finish top sits against a stunning dark Mahogany body. Two legendary Gibson custom Buckers kick out all the Les Paul tone seasoned players will expect, along with volume and tone control. A classic design with a host of new details to make it the most accurate recreation of the 1957 Goldtop ever created. This stunning reissue includes a brown hardcase with pink fur lining.
Product Ref: 76469View Full Description
Buy on finance from £81.25 per month Finance from £81.25 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Les Paul Goldtop
Gibson Standard Historic Left Handed 1957 Les Paul Goldtop featured several minor cosmetic variations that made it a significant development in Les Paul history. Most noticeably the placement of the inlaid, pearl cut Gibson logo which was moved closer to the top edge of the headstock. 1957 was also set to be the last full year of production for a Gibson model with a Goldtop finish which would not adorn another Gibson guitar until 1968.
Another important variation on the 57 Les Paul was Gibson's occasional use of darker Mahogany for the back. Many of these original models also came with black plastics but most owners updated these to the classic cream colour over time so this reissue reflects this.
Recreation of a Classic
The Gibson 1957 is a spectacular recreation of the historic original in all its glory. The body has a hand-carved Maple top and solid, non-weight relieved Mahogany body for that traditional Les Paul feel, tone and sustain. The headstock has a traditional Holly head veneer, as opposed to fiber, just like it was in 1957, and the vintage-style tulip tuners are mounted in a straight line, also as they were on the original. The 24 ¾-inch scale length neck is made from one solid piece of Mahogany, and attached to the body using a long neck tenon — one of the Les Paul’s more distinguishing characteristics of the 1950s. The neck is topped by a 22-fret Rosewood fingerboard outfitted with acrylic trapezoid inlays matching the size and color of the originals. The guitar’s Antique Gold finish also matches the hue of the original model, giving this Custom Shop model the accurate and distinct appearance of this traditional Les Paul.
This left handed Gibson is fitted with custom-made Custom Bucker units with slightly mismatched coils wound with accurate turns of 42 AWG enamel-coated wire, just like original PAFs, to attain output readings comparable to pickups from that era. They are made with genuine Alnico III magnets for an outstanding blend of smoothness and clarity, and represent some of the finest PAF reproductions ever released by Gibson.
- Gibson Hardshell Case with vibrant pink fur lining
- "Custom Bucker" pickups for PAF-style chime, bite and growl
- Lightweight Aluminium Tailpiece produces greater sustain than heavier alloys
- Antique Gold Finish with Contrasting Mahogany Back like the original
- Historic neck design ensures optimum resonance and sustain
- Hot Hide Glue neck joint for the correct vintage tone
- High Quality one piece Rosewood Fingerboard for an authentic playing look, feel and tone
- One piece genuine Mahogany neck with a the large period correct large neck profile
Body & Bridge
- Top: Plain Maple
- Back: Mahogany
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish:Antique Gold Nitro Cellulose Finish
- Bridge: ABR With Thumbwheels
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: One Piece Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Solid Indian Rosewood
- Radius: 30.38 cm / 12"
- Frets: 22
- Scale: 62.865 cm / 24.75"
- Inlays: Aged Nitrocellulose, Trapezoid
Pickups & Hardware
- Pickups: 2 X Custom Buckers
- Machine Heads: Kluson Deluxe
- Tailpiece: Reissue Lightweight Aluminum
- Hardware: Nickel Plated Steel
- Pickguard: 59 True Historic
- Truss Rod Cover: True Historic
- Case: Reissue Brown Hard Case with Pink Fur Lining
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.