Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard Historic 1959 VOS, Washed Cherry
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard Historic 1959 VOS, Washed CherryDetails
The Gibson Custom Les Paul Standard Historic 1959 VOS electric guitar has a one-piece Mahogany body with a figured Maple top and a VOS washed cherry finish with hand-sprayed nitrocellulose lacquer. This unique model features hand-crafted beauty, authentic vintage Gibson tone and historically accurate appointments, helping to ensure a vintage playing experience with the feel of an original '59 Les Paul. Additional features include two Custom Bucker humbucking pickups, reissue Kluson deluxe tuners, 50's cream binding, a solid Indian Rosewood fingerboard with trapezoid inlays, an ABR bridge and 1950's-style nickel-plated hardware. Complete with a Gibson Custom certificate of authenticity and a reissue Les Paul case, the Standard Historic 1959 VOS is a must have guitar for Les Paul enthusiasts.
Product Ref: 73852View Full Description
Buy on finance from £122.87 per month Finance from £122.87 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Birth of the Burst Finish
Throughout the '50s the Les Paul guitar had already enjoyed several modifications including the introduction of a tune-o-matic bridge in 1956 and humbucking pickups in 1957. However, sales were slowing and Gibson's president Ted McCarty blamed the model's flashy Goldtop finish. So, in 1958 an elegant Cherry Sunburst finish was released along with a bookmatched two-piece carved Maple top, which proved to be hugely popular. The VOS (Vintage Original Spec) finish on this Gibson guitar is a perfect example of the faded appearance of those vintage burst models, providing each instrument with its own distinctive look and character.
Classic Les Paul Features
The Gibson Custom Les Paul Standard Historic features a solid Mahogany body which blends depth and richness with the clarity and warmth of the figured Maple top. The 1-piece Mahogany neck retains the chunky yet smooth 1950's Les Paul profile which combines with the traditional long-tenon neck joint to enhance both sustain and resonance while also ensuring comfortable playability. The Gibson Custom Les Paul also benefits from Gibson Custom's 20th Anniversary specifications which include a one-piece Indian Rosewood fingerboard, reissue Kluson deluxe tuners, hot-hide glue neck fit, a Historic truss rod assembly with no tubing, 50's cream body and neck binding, and period-correct Aniline Dye beneath the nitrocellulose lacquer finish.
Custom Bucker Pickups
Exclusive to Gibson Custom instruments only, the Custom Bucker pickups are crafted with alnico III magnets and wired with an uneven amount of turns to produce a distinctive feel and character that is unique to your guitar. The individual tone and volume controls for each pickup provide versatility while also allowing you to achieve your desired sound and tone. Designed after the late '50s PAF pickups that are so highly sought after, you can't get much closer to them than with these Custom Buckers.
- Includes Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity and Reissue Les Paul Case
- Neck Design: Historic long neck tenon
- Top: Book-matched flame maple
- Tailpiece: Lightweight aluminium stopbar
- Finish: Hand-sprayed nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Joint: Constructed with hot hide glue
- Pickups: Custom Bucker PAF reproductions
- Fingerboard: Solid one-piece Rosewood
- Body Back: Hand-selected one-piece Mahogany
- Neck: Quality Mahogany with '59 neck profile
Body & Bridge
- Top: 2-Piece Flame Maple
- Back: 1-Piece Mahogany
- Binding: Single Bound '50s Cream
- Weight Relief: None
- Body Contour: 1950's-Style Les Paul
- Body Colour: VOS Washed Cherry
- Body Finish: Hand-Sprayed Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Bridge: ABR with Thumbwheels
- Tailpiece: Reissue Lightweight Aluminium Stopbar
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: 1-Piece Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Solid Indian Rosewood
- Scale Length: 24.75'' / 62.865cm
- Radius: 12'' / 30.38cm
- Number of Frets: 22
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style No Tubing
- Profile: 1950's-Style Les Paul
- Fingerboard Inlays: Cellulose Trapezoid
- Side Dots: Tortoise Shell
- Binding: Single Bound '50s Cream
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687'' / 4.28cm
- Headstock: '50s Profile LP
- Headstock Inlay: Pearloid
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Bucker (Alnico III)
- Neck Pickup: Custom Bucker (Alnico III)
- Controls: Lead Volume, Lead Tone, Rhythm Volume, Rhythm Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle Switch
- Tuning Machines: Reissue Kluson Deluxe Green Keys, Single Band
- Hardware Finish: Nickel Plated
- Output Jack: 1/4'' with 1950's Cream Plate
- Strap Buttons: Aluminium
- Pickguard: 1950's-Style Cream
- Truss Rod Cover: 1950's-Style LP Standard
- Control Knobs: Gold Top Hats
- Included Case: Reissue Les Paul, Brown with Pink Fur Lining
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.