View Full Description
The Hot Rod Deluxe has long been the amplifier of choice for guitarists needing a versatile, powerful, portable and reliable gigging solution. The new Mk. IV model includes user-requested features such as a modified tone circuit, improved reverb, and updated aesthetic. These new features help to refine an amplifier that has huge popularity and will provide you with a highly versatile solution able to move seamlessly between gigging, rehearsing, recording, and practicing.
The Hot Rod Deluxe IV has a modified preamp circuit that provides increased clarity at higher gain levels. The amplifier has 3 channels (normal, drive, more drive) that give you a very wide range of foot-switchable gain levels to select between. This scorching 40 watt combo can create classic Fender clean tones and go on to provide incredible saturation through its various channels.
The new preamp design ensures that, no matter how high you push the drive level, you'll still retain clarity and articulation. If you need your amp to provide every gain level without the need for pedals, the Hot Rod Deluxe has the capability to do this. However, if you have a pedal-based rig, the Hot Rod Deluxe will take pedals extremely well in the front-end, and also has an FX loop for use with your modulation and time-based effects pedals.
The Hot Rod Deluxe has a 3-band EQ for shaping your tone to exactly how you require. A presence dial allows you to fine-tune the overall high-end response, while a bright switch allows you to adapt the amp to darker-sounding instruments. The spring reverb provides a lush ambience over your tone, and has been modified from the previous amplifier generation to maintain clarity when you turn up the effect to higher levels.
Powerful Valve Tone
The Hot Rod Deluxe has 12AX7 and 6L6 valves for the perfect balance between preamp saturation and power amp headroom. With 40 watts of power driving a 12'' speaker, you'll easily have enough volume to play gigs and rehearse with your band. The Hot Rod Deluxe has achieved enduring popularity due to its mid-range volume, compact size, and versatile tones. It has the ideal power to allow it to go from the practice room to the stage, with a large range of tonal sculpting options and authentic valve tone and response.
Vintage Design - Quality Construction
The Hot Rod Deluxe IV features updated design touches including ivory pointer knobs, steel-reinforced strap handle, lightly-aged grill cloth, and an improved control panel texture and graphics. These features give the amp a more 'boutique' look with a refined and classic aesthetic.
The amp is constructed with Fender's legendary high build-quality, with a pine cabinet, corner protectors and rugged carry handle. The solid construction gives you a reliable package ready to withstand the rigours of a musician's life. Practice sessions, rehearsals, last-minute jam sessions, large gigs; all are possible with the portable and highly versatile Hot Rod Deluxe IV.
- Modified preamp circuit from Mk. III Hot Rod Deluxe - enhanced note clarity at higher gain levels
- Smoother sounding spring reverb and improved aesthetics from previous generation
- 40 watts of 12AX7 and 6L6 valve tone
- 12'' Celestion Type-A speaker for smooth highs, balanced mids, and full low-end
- Lightweight pine cabinet with new control panel texture and graphics, ivory pointer knobs, steel-reinforced handle, lightly aged silver grille cloth
- Three channels for versatile gain ranges
- 2-button footswitch and cover included
- FX loop to utilise your own effects pedals
- 3-band EQ with presence and bright switch
- Power: 40 watts
- Preamp Tubes: 3 x 12AX7
- Power Tubes: 2 x 6L6
- Speakers: One – 12” Celestion® A-Type
- Controls: Volume, Drive, Treble, Bass, Middle, Master, Reverb, Presence, Bright Switch
- Channels: Three channels (normal, drive, more drive)
- Effects: Reverb
- Connectivity: 2x Inputs, Preamp Out, Power Amp In, Foot Switch In (all 1/4'')
- Weight: 18.59 kg
- Amplifier Covering: Black Textured Vinyl
- Grill Cloth: Lightly-Aged Silver
- Pilot Light: Red Jewel
- Footswitch: 2-button footswitch and cover included