View Full Description
'60s single-coil sound
When it comes to the rock 'n' roll genre, the '60s is often tipped as the era that started it all. This is why Fender have decided to revive its roots with the release of the '62 Custom Shop Strat. It's equipped with a trio of '60s single-coil pickups, delivering the iconic snap and bite that gave the Strat its legendary status. They're custom-wound, meaning each pickup is individually crafted to produce its own unique sound that's personal to you. But you can be sure that they'll bring out all the signature Fender character that defined the '60s era. Because Fender have taken every step to ensure each note shimmers with authentic '60s quality.
It's built for the modern stage. Thanks to an incorporated 5-way selector and volume and tone controls, the '62 Strat lets players take control of their sound with modern convenience. So, you can fuel your performance with the period-correct, vintage tone of the '60s, with total control on stage.
Vintage Fender feel
It's not enough to just sound '60s. It has to feel '60s, too. Luckily, Fender have ensured that every aspect of the '62 Custom Shop Strat has the unique, vintage feel that guitarists crave in a Custom Shop model. A lightweight alder body lets players roam free on stage, along with a dual-cutaway design for effortless access to the upper frets. Fender know better than anyone that a guitar should enhance creativity. And this Custom Shop model is certainly no exception.
It's not just the body, though. A '60s-style Oval "C" shaped neck fits perfectly in the palm of your hand, whilst providing authentic feel through its entirety. What's more – it's layered with a sleek rosewood fretboard. So, your hands can soar across every inch of the guitar's fingerboard and perform every riff, chord, and solo with ultimate precision. It's almost addictive to play.
What makes a Fender Custom Shop guitar so special? There's an endless list of answers. But one of the most recognised features is the relic finishes. The '62 Stratocaster features a Relic finish for that sought-after worn guitar look. Giving your guitar more character and personal style, the relic design simply demands audience attention. So you can be sure that every time you step on stage, it's all eyes on you. Everyone knows that a Fender Custom Shop is a rarity. And with the classic 3-Tone Sunburst paintwork to top it off, it can be yours to showcase on stage.
Fuel your performance with expression
It doesn't get more creative than using a whammy bar in performance. Hendrix used one in his Woodstock performance. Jeff Beck made it his own. And now, you can inject your performance with your own creative flair. Whether you're unleashing screeching dive bombs, giving your solo that extra kick, or simply decorating your chords with some elegant shimmer – the famed Strat tremolo system gives players an even bigger platform to experiment their sound with. A Strat wouldn't be a Strat without it. So it goes without saying that the '62 Custom Shop features the iconic tremolo bridge design, for even more possibilities in your sound.
Maximum instrument security
An instrument of such individuality needs protecting. Which is why the Fender '62 Stratocaster comes with a brown hardshell case. Take your cherished instrument on the road, with the peace of mind that it’ll be in pristine condition every time you play. Preventing scratching, scraping, or any other damage to your guitar - the brown hardshell case makes transporting between venues simple and stress-free. No worries. No panic. Just the excitement of performance, the way it should be.
- Model Name: Fender Custom Shop Relic 62 Stratocaster, 3-Tone Sunburst
- Model Code: 9237000565
- Serial Number: #R104831
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Finish: Relic Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Colour: 3-Tone Sunburst
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: '60s-Style Oval "C"
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Fingerboard: AAA Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 21
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dots
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '60s Single-Coil Strat®
- Middle Pickup:Custom Shop Hand-Wound '60s Single-Coil Strat®
- Neck Pickup:Custom Shop Hand-Wound '60s Single-Coil Strat®
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo Relic
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo Relic
- Control knobs: Vintage White Relic®
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Pickguard: 60 Strat Nitro G/B/G Relic
- Case: Brown Hardshell Case