View Full Description
Fat '50s tone
Let every note ring with hallmark '50s quality. Because Fender have equipped the 1959 Custom Shop with a trio of period-correct pickups to resurrect the tones of the groundbreaking era. Delivering the iconic snap, bite, and punch that gave the Strat the legendary status it has today, the fat '50s single coils are meticulously crafted to fuel your sound with that coveted vintage flair. They're custom-wound, too. Which means that each pickup is individually designed to bring its own unique character to your performance. It's this extra detail and care that Fender take that makes the '59 Custom Shop so special.
They may sound vintage, but that’s not to say that the '50s pickups aren't built for modern performance. The middle pickup is reverse-wound, reducing any unwanted hum or interference from tarnishing your live sound and maintaining exceptional clarity. Take control of your tone with an improved 5-way selector for even more convenience on stage. Heritage sound, enhanced.
Vintage Fender feel
It's not enough to just sound '50s. It has to feel '50s, too. Luckily, Fender have ensured that every aspect of the 1959 Custom Shop Strat has the unique, vintage feel that guitarists crave in a Custom Shop model. A lightweight alder body lets players roam free on stage, along with a dual-cutaway design for effortless access to the upper frets. Fender know better than anyone that a guitar should enhance creativity. And this Custom Shop model is certainly no exception.
It's not just the body, though. A 1963 "C" shaped neck fits perfectly in the palm of your hand, whilst providing authentic feel through its entirety. What's more – it's layered with a sleek rosewood fretboard. So, your hands can soar across every inch of the guitar's fingerboard and perform every riff, chord, and solo with ultimate precision. It's almost addictive to play.
What makes a Fender Custom Shop guitar so special? There's an endless list of answers. But one of the most recognised features is the relic finishes. The 1959 Stratocaster features a Heavy Relic finish for that sought-after worn guitar look. Giving your guitar more character and personal style, the relic design simply demands audience attention. So you can be sure that every time you step on stage, it's all eyes on you. Everyone knows that a Fender Custom Shop is a rarity. And with the classic Lake Placid Blue paintwork to top it off, it can be yours to showcase on stage.
Fuel your performance with expression
It doesn't get more creative than using a whammy bar in performance. Hendrix used one in his Woodstock performance. Jeff Beck made it his own. And now, you can inject your performance with your own creative flair. Whether you're unleashing screeching dive bombs, giving your solo that extra kick, or simply decorating your chords with some elegant shimmer – the famed Strat tremolo system gives players an even bigger platform to experiment their sound with. A Strat wouldn't be a Strat without it. So it goes without saying that the '59 Custom Shop features the iconic tremolo bridge design, for even more possibilities in your sound.
Maximum instrument security
An instrument of such individuality needs protecting. Which is why the Fender 1959 Stratocaster comes with a deluxe hardshell case. Take your cherished instrument on the road, with the peace of mind that it’ll be in pristine condition every time you play. Preventing scratching, scraping, or any other damage to your guitar - the deluxe hardshell case makes transporting between venues simple and stress-free. No worries. No panic. Just the excitement of performance, the way it should be.
- Series: Time Machine
- Serial Number: TBC
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Finish: Heavy Relic® Lacquer
- Body Colour: Aged Lake Placid Blue
- Neck Material: Maple Rift Sawn with Rosewood Fingerboard
- Neck Shape: 1963 "C"
- Neck Finish: Tinted Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: 6105 Narrow Tall
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Vintage Clay Dot
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat®
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat '50s RWRP Single-Coil Strat®
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat®
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup Position 3. Middle Pickup Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Control knobs: Vintage White Relic®
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green Relic®
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Accessories: Strap and Certificate of Authenticity