Music Gear News

At we update our news channel daily to ensure you always get the latest and most important music news.

Usher branded 'disrespectful'

'OMG' singer Usher has been blasted as ''disrespectful'' by his former producer, Jermaine Dupri.
Great deals on musical instruments

Usher has been blasted as "disrespectful" by his former producer, Jermaine Dupri.

Jermaine - who was behind the 'OMG' singer's 2004 album 'Confessions'- said he will have no more to do with usher because he feels he snubbed him when it came to making his latest album 'Raymond Vs Raymond'.

He said: "Well, I didn't really want to be executive producer of Usher's projects after 'Confessions'.

"You sold more records than any other artist in this decade based on that album and now I have to ask Usher, 'Am I the executive producer of your next album?' That seems disrespectful to me."

"As a producer, it's kind of hard for me to go back into people's projects when I gave you your biggest album ever."

Jermaine - the ex-boyfriend of Janet Jackson - added he expects people to ask him to produce them, which is what has led him to work with younger artists, such as Hot Dollar and Rocko.

He added: "I don't feel like I'm supposed to ask to produce anymore. People are supposed to come to me and tell me that I'm the executive producer. That's why I get more kicks working with younger artists."

Despite his comments, Jermaine co-wrote the track 'Foolin' Around' on 'Raymond Vs Raymond'.

Jermaine is also presently working with Mariah Carey on the follow up to her last album 'Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel'.

Posted on 6 May 2010 07:00 to category : Band / Celebrity News

Related Music News

Verified by the guitarist himself, Slash's B.C Rich played a pivotal role in Guns N' Roses rise to fame

10 Oct 2016 16:17

Featuring a number of tracks by their favourite artists, the Stone's latest effort is set for release December 2nd

6 Oct 2016 15:31

Speaking to friend and radio host Eddie Trunk Frehley stated that he would rejoin the band if the offer came his way

30 Sep 2016 15:54

In aid of The Children Hospital Charity, Arctic Monkeys have signed a statue of an elephant to be auctioned off for charity

28 Sep 2016 17:21

Following a tweet on Wednesday, the band revealed a typo error in their previous announcement and have revealed that they will be returning in 2017

28 Sep 2016 11:15

A plaque marking where David Bowie resided whilst he created his revered Berlin album trilogy has been destroyed

21 Sep 2016 16:06

Recent Music News

In August controversy was in the air as the Dirty Dancing stage show fired its live musicians in favour of a backing track. Now the Musicians' Union urge its members to join in the protest.

26 Oct 2016 15:38

Cancelling his remaining shows in December due to ill health, fears arise over the guitar legends health

26 Oct 2016 13:08

With two plug-ins worth up to 199 Euros, users who purchase a A77X between 24/10/2016-31/01/2017 can experience unprecedented audio quality at a fraction of the price.

25 Oct 2016 15:09

In recent times, the theft of musical instruments and gear seems to be more prevalent than ever. With this GPS guitar pedal, users can track their stolen equipment simply by logging in online on their phone or tablet.

24 Oct 2016 17:11

Paving the path for unique high quality drum stools, Roc 'n' Soc's products cater to caters comfort and overall playing experience.

24 Oct 2016 15:23

With great discounts on Toontrack EZmix 2 Mix Software, Toontrack EZmix 2 Mixing Software EZmix Preset Pack Bundle and Toontrack EZmix Presets Bundle for EZMix 2 Mixing Software the choice for great and affordable mixing software has never been clearer!

21 Oct 2016 13:37