Music Gear News

At Gear4music.com we update our news channel daily to ensure you always get the latest and most important music news.

Usher branded 'disrespectful'

'OMG' singer Usher has been blasted as ''disrespectful'' by his former producer, Jermaine Dupri.
Great deals on musical instruments

Usher has been blasted as "disrespectful" by his former producer, Jermaine Dupri.

Jermaine - who was behind the 'OMG' singer's 2004 album 'Confessions'- said he will have no more to do with usher because he feels he snubbed him when it came to making his latest album 'Raymond Vs Raymond'.

He said: "Well, I didn't really want to be executive producer of Usher's projects after 'Confessions'.

"You sold more records than any other artist in this decade based on that album and now I have to ask Usher, 'Am I the executive producer of your next album?' That seems disrespectful to me."

"As a producer, it's kind of hard for me to go back into people's projects when I gave you your biggest album ever."

Jermaine - the ex-boyfriend of Janet Jackson - added he expects people to ask him to produce them, which is what has led him to work with younger artists, such as Hot Dollar and Rocko.

He added: "I don't feel like I'm supposed to ask to produce anymore. People are supposed to come to me and tell me that I'm the executive producer. That's why I get more kicks working with younger artists."

Despite his comments, Jermaine co-wrote the track 'Foolin' Around' on 'Raymond Vs Raymond'.

Jermaine is also presently working with Mariah Carey on the follow up to her last album 'Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel'.

Posted on 6 May 2010 07:00 to category : Band / Celebrity News

Related Music News

thumbnail

Former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach Spills the Beans On His Less Than Complimentary Thoughts Towards Today's Rock Musicians and Their Work Ethic In the Studio

11 Jan 2017 11:33
thumbnail

The prestigious Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction will be honouring several artists this year, including prog legends Yes. Rick Wakeman has stated that he will not be attending.

3 Jan 2017 16:45
thumbnail

Laying the foundations for generations of artists to follow, the legendary musician Leonard Cohen has passed away from unspecified causes.

11 Nov 2016 10:48
thumbnail

Stating it as more of a necessity for the band, M. Shadows highlights the importance of not stagnating and keeping things exciting

31 Oct 2016 16:10
thumbnail

Cancelling his remaining shows in December due to ill health, fears arise over the guitar legends health

26 Oct 2016 13:08
thumbnail

Verified by the guitarist himself, Slash's B.C Rich played a pivotal role in Guns N' Roses rise to fame

10 Oct 2016 16:17

Recent Music News

thumbnail

Iconic Zakk Wylde bullseye design? Check. Monstrous and uncompromising tone? Check. The Odin Grail Genesis guitar delivers the goods to the metal masses

17 Jan 2017 10:45
thumbnail

Also providing updates to their Masters, Signature, Giant Beat and Signature traditional lines, Paiste spill the beans on their NAMM 2017 releases.

16 Jan 2017 13:54
thumbnail

Revealing their new range of highly affordable S series, Gibson dish the dirt on their 2017 Line up including the Traditional Series, High Performance Series and more.

16 Jan 2017 13:11
thumbnail

Ideal for those players who flourish in an intuitive education environment, Flowkey puts you in charge of your learning offering a variety of insightful tools.

13 Jan 2017 16:14
thumbnail

The Sonzera series consists of a 50W combo, 50W Head and 20W combo.Used by Black Stone Cherry and Snarky Puppy, expect professional grade tone right off the bat

13 Jan 2017 13:25
thumbnail

Unconventional being what Ibanez do best, the SRAS7 brings the best of both worlds to the modern musician with its combination fretless and fretted fretboards,

12 Jan 2017 10:52