Music Gear News

At Gear4music.com we update our news channel daily to ensure you always get the latest and most important music news.

Usher branded 'disrespectful'

'OMG' singer Usher has been blasted as ''disrespectful'' by his former producer, Jermaine Dupri.
Great deals on musical instruments

Usher has been blasted as "disrespectful" by his former producer, Jermaine Dupri.

Jermaine - who was behind the 'OMG' singer's 2004 album 'Confessions'- said he will have no more to do with usher because he feels he snubbed him when it came to making his latest album 'Raymond Vs Raymond'.

He said: "Well, I didn't really want to be executive producer of Usher's projects after 'Confessions'.

"You sold more records than any other artist in this decade based on that album and now I have to ask Usher, 'Am I the executive producer of your next album?' That seems disrespectful to me."

"As a producer, it's kind of hard for me to go back into people's projects when I gave you your biggest album ever."

Jermaine - the ex-boyfriend of Janet Jackson - added he expects people to ask him to produce them, which is what has led him to work with younger artists, such as Hot Dollar and Rocko.

He added: "I don't feel like I'm supposed to ask to produce anymore. People are supposed to come to me and tell me that I'm the executive producer. That's why I get more kicks working with younger artists."

Despite his comments, Jermaine co-wrote the track 'Foolin' Around' on 'Raymond Vs Raymond'.

Jermaine is also presently working with Mariah Carey on the follow up to her last album 'Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel'.

Posted on 6 May 2010 07:00 to category : Band / Celebrity News

Related Music News

thumbnail

Never before has music been so accessible. With social media, tab sites and forums at your immediate disposal, learning your favourite song couldn't be easier.

9 Feb 2017 15:22
thumbnail

Former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach Spills the Beans On His Less Than Complimentary Thoughts Towards Today's Rock Musicians and Their Work Ethic In the Studio

11 Jan 2017 11:33
thumbnail

The prestigious Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction will be honouring several artists this year, including prog legends Yes. Rick Wakeman has stated that he will not be attending.

3 Jan 2017 16:45
thumbnail

Laying the foundations for generations of artists to follow, the legendary musician Leonard Cohen has passed away from unspecified causes.

11 Nov 2016 10:48
thumbnail

Stating it as more of a necessity for the band, M. Shadows highlights the importance of not stagnating and keeping things exciting

31 Oct 2016 16:10
thumbnail

Cancelling his remaining shows in December due to ill health, fears arise over the guitar legends health

21 Oct 2016 17:40

Recent Music News

thumbnail

Taking the best features of active and passive pickups, then merging them into one versatile pickup, Duality offers the player a versatile selection of tones.

20 Feb 2017 13:42
thumbnail

Tailor made and resolutely custom, SJC deliver the goods once again with some exclusive offerings that are available only to Gear4music. Don't miss out!

17 Feb 2017 10:53
thumbnail

After changing hands several times over the years, Kurt's revered Hagstrom will now be auctioned today with all the proceeds of the auction going to charity.

16 Feb 2017 12:31
thumbnail

The M-Audio CODE 61 and CODE 49 has been released in a stylish new black design, combining a stunning aesthetic with classic tone.

15 Feb 2017 15:33
thumbnail

Featuring an abundance of exciting new features, the M2 series promises a vast amount of creative and auditory opportunities to the discerning DJ.

15 Feb 2017 10:55
thumbnail

Suffering from a shortage of funds in recent years, the Welsh educational system has experienced a slump in students who are expressing interest in music.

14 Feb 2017 13:19