Music Gear News

At Gear4music.com we update our news channel daily to ensure you always get the latest and most important music news.

Ne-Yo scared to record Jackson tribute

Ne-Yo is afraid to record songs he wrote for sadly passed singer Michael Jackson because he doesn't want people to think he's cashing in.
Great deals on musical instruments

Ne-Yo is afraid to record songs he wrote for Michael Jackson because he doesn't want people to think he's cashing in.

The 'Beautiful Monster' singer had worked on a number of songs for the late 'Thriller' singer's comeback last year, before he tragically died of acute Propofol intoxication days before he was due to return to the stage, and now he says he's afraid of recording them himself.

Ne-Yo said: "Michael told me the songs had to be magical. 'Magical' was a word that kept coming up. He chose about ten of my songs for his new album. But I don't know what to do with them now.

"I'm afraid that if I make a tribute record people will think I'm cashing in on my idol."

Ne-Yo has previously said that when Michael initially called him about working together in 2008 he wouldn't believe it was the 'King Of Pop' and put the phone down on him.

He said: "I actually hung up on him because I thought someone was playing.

"I was like, 'Who's this?' and the reply came, 'This is Michael Jackson.' Click.

"Then his representative called back. 'This is Peter Lopez. I have Michael Jackson on the phone.' And I was like, 'Oh my God. Are you serious?' And then I apologized for the next ten minutes. Any comedian who has ever made fun of Michael Jackson was right on. Sad but true. He does have a very high, not very manly voice."

'One in a Million', Ne-Yo's third single from his new album, 'Libra Scale', is available to download now.

Posted on 1 Oct 2010 16:30 to category : Music News

Related Music News

thumbnail

Delivered by Choreographer and Theater Director Arlene Phillips, The Bacc For the Future campaign has acquired support of over 100 hundred influential figures

28 Mar 2017 12:28
thumbnail

On the 22nd of April, Pink Floyd will be releasing an unheard version of the iconic classic 'Interstellar Overdrive' in celebration of world record day

23 Mar 2017 15:29
thumbnail

With an increased quality of specifications right across the board, Apple's eponymous 'iPad' will host a whole generous selection of great new features.

22 Mar 2017 15:09
thumbnail

Supported by the likes of Ed Sheeran, Royal Blood, Wolf Alice and many more, Fanfair Alliances new educational guide is available for free download online.

21 Mar 2017 15:25
thumbnail

Aiming to provide equal educational opportunities for children across the U.K, NYMAZ outline the importance of technology in today's learning environment.

10 Mar 2017 12:22
thumbnail

Suffering from a shortage of funds in recent years, the Welsh educational system has experienced a slump in students who are expressing interest in music.

14 Feb 2017 13:19

Recent Music News

thumbnail

JHS Pedals give us the lowdown on their latest pedal launches and re-releases from NAMM 2017, with products Shipping to European dealers on April 24th.

21 Apr 2017 15:18
thumbnail

Introducing a sleek aesthetic to an established favourite, Arturia's Step Range offer an extensive selection of creative options to the discerning musician.

21 Apr 2017 11:52
thumbnail

News has emerged from Superbooth that Behringer will be introducing their brand new Deep Mind 6, a smaller more condensed version of its big brother DeepMind 12

20 Apr 2017 16:32
thumbnail

Utilizing innovative features designed to complement the modern piano player, Yamaha's MX88 Synth offers a re purposed design and flawless functionality.

20 Apr 2017 13:33
thumbnail

Need to sort out your audio inconsistencies? iZotope launch an update across three of of their pieces audio editing software: Elements, Regular and Advanced.

20 Apr 2017 12:17
thumbnail

A synth that boasts a range of interesting parameters, Novation's Peak brings next-level user operation to the fold, promising an immersive creative experience.

19 Apr 2017 16:14