Music Gear News

At Gear4music.com we update our news channel daily to ensure you always get the latest and most important music news.

Ne-Yo scared to record Jackson tribute

Ne-Yo is afraid to record songs he wrote for sadly passed singer Michael Jackson because he doesn't want people to think he's cashing in.
Great deals on musical instruments

Ne-Yo is afraid to record songs he wrote for Michael Jackson because he doesn't want people to think he's cashing in.

The 'Beautiful Monster' singer had worked on a number of songs for the late 'Thriller' singer's comeback last year, before he tragically died of acute Propofol intoxication days before he was due to return to the stage, and now he says he's afraid of recording them himself.

Ne-Yo said: "Michael told me the songs had to be magical. 'Magical' was a word that kept coming up. He chose about ten of my songs for his new album. But I don't know what to do with them now.

"I'm afraid that if I make a tribute record people will think I'm cashing in on my idol."

Ne-Yo has previously said that when Michael initially called him about working together in 2008 he wouldn't believe it was the 'King Of Pop' and put the phone down on him.

He said: "I actually hung up on him because I thought someone was playing.

"I was like, 'Who's this?' and the reply came, 'This is Michael Jackson.' Click.

"Then his representative called back. 'This is Peter Lopez. I have Michael Jackson on the phone.' And I was like, 'Oh my God. Are you serious?' And then I apologized for the next ten minutes. Any comedian who has ever made fun of Michael Jackson was right on. Sad but true. He does have a very high, not very manly voice."

'One in a Million', Ne-Yo's third single from his new album, 'Libra Scale', is available to download now.

Posted on 1 Oct 2010 16:30 to category : Music News

Related Music News

thumbnail

Research from the National Association for Music Education has recently highlighted the most fundamental aspects of an effective practice routine and how to be a better musician

30 Dec 2016 15:56
thumbnail

MusicRadar recently spoke to iZotope to get their opinion on intelligent mixers and how they are impacting the contemporary producer.

29 Dec 2016 13:11
thumbnail

The grandfather of virtual reality Jaron Lanier relays a time when the first explorations into virtual reality were concerned with how to create a real air guitar.

28 Dec 2016 16:46
thumbnail

In the wake of an increasing trend for musicians having to work for free or for less than they're entitled to, the Musicians Union show their support.

22 Dec 2016 12:01
thumbnail

Some formats of compressed MP3 have been linked with negatively effecting individuals emotional state due to their inherent tonal characteristics

8 Dec 2016 13:04
thumbnail

Featuring a whole host of professional grade components, Antelope Audio's Zen Studio is available now at an incredibly discounted price.

17 Nov 2016 09:53

Recent Music News

thumbnail

A compact and lightweight Electric Acoustic Bass Guitar ideal for those who value playability and ultimate accessibility to their instrument

19 Jan 2017 19:39
thumbnail

Elektron's Digitakt Drum Machine is the answer to all your of your percussive desires

19 Jan 2017 19:16
thumbnail

British microphone brand Aston have just announced the worlds first laser targeting pencil mic.

19 Jan 2017 19:07
thumbnail

With a number of exciting features, the RD-2000 combines the best features of acoustic and digital pianos into an innovative hybrid

19 Jan 2017 18:40
thumbnail

A versatile and dynamic Digital Mixer with a plethora of exciting capabilities

19 Jan 2017 18:06
thumbnail

Orange's new amps are the perfect solution for those who want to kill two birds with one stone. Just as able on the stage as it is in your bedroom, the Rocker series offer complete versatility.

19 Jan 2017 18:02