Music Gear News
Lady Gaga scores best selling album 2010
Lady Gaga's 'The Fame Monster' was the biggest selling album of 2010.
The 'Telephone' singer's record - a repackaged version of her earlier disc, 'The Fame', with an additional eight tracks - sold 5.8 million copies across the globe, according to the United World Chart, compiled by website mediatraffic.de.
Upon hearing the news Gaga tweeted, writing: "'The Fame Monster' was named the best-selling album of 2010!
"I'm so excited for the future, believe + work hard, you will achieve your dreams (sic)."
The eccentric singer's album beat Eminem, who's 'Recovery' sold 5.7 million copies to land him in second place on the chart, while Canadian teen singing sensation Justin Bieber came in third with 5.6 million sales of his 'My World' albums.
Gaga also said she will be making an announcement about her new album 'Born This Way' at midnight on New Year's Eve.
Meanwhile, the singer has been defended by John Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono, after fans of her ex-husband's band The Beatles criticised Gaga or playing a piano belonging to the star.
Yoko told the Daily Mail newspaper: "I think her playing John's piano was wonderful. Because she's an artist, she's fearless and she pushes every limit, which we both always adored."
United World Chart top 20, as complied by mediatraffic.de:
1. Lady Gaga - The Fame (Monster) - 5.8 million copies
2. Eminem - Recovery - 5.7 million copies
3. Justin Bieber - My Worlds - 5.6 million copies
4. Lady Antebellum - Need You Now - 3.6 million copies
5. Taylor Swift - Speak Now - 3.5 million copies
6. Susan Boyle - The Gift - 3.0 million copies
7. Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D. - 3.0 million copies
8. Michael Buble - Crazy Love - 3.0 million copies
9. Sade - Soldier Of Love - 2.3 million copies
10. Alicia Keys - The Element Of Freedom - 2.3 million copies
11. Katy Perry - Teenage Dream - 2.2 million copies
12. Take That - Progress - 2.2 million copies
13. Susan Boyle - I Dreamed A Dream - 2.1 million copies
14. Ke$ha - Animal - 2.1 million copies
15. Rihanna - Loud - 2.0 million copies
16. Mumford and Sons - Sigh No More - 1.8 million copies
17. Kings Of Leon - Come Around Sundown - 1.7 million copies
18. Bon Jovi - Greatest Hits - 1.7 million copies
19. Usher - Raymond V Raymond - 1.7 million copies
20. Linkin Park - A Thousand Suns - 1.7 million copiesPosted on 28 Dec 2010 16:15 to category : Band / Celebrity News
Related Music News
Through a collaboration with Martin, Sheeran's latest signature model features artwork from his latest album '÷' and has been built to his exact specifications.
An icon who helped propel the rock 'n' roll movement to new and unprecedented heights. Chucky Berry is praised by many as a founding father of modern music.
Founding guitarist of legendary LA band Y and T Joey Alves passes away due to complications relating to Ulcerative Colitis. Documentary on soon to follow.
Destroyer Cola is to be the latest release in rock veterans Kiss' long line of merchandise currently available to the general public for purchase
In a recent unconfirmed report, frontman of famous rock and roll outfit Guns N' Roses is said to be heading into the studio with Australian rock veterans AC/DC
Never before has music been so accessible. With social media, tab sites and forums at your immediate disposal, learning your favourite song couldn't be easier.
Recent Music News
The latest entry into the acclaimed microphone brands line-up, the sE8 Small Condenser Microphone packs a big punch despite its diminutive and compact frame.
A familiar face in an all new format, the Waza Amplifier Head lets you experience the full power of an established classic in the comfort of your own bedroom.
A visual percussion instrument that promises a completely immersive rhythmic experience, the DR-01S is the first of many in the latest percussive generation.
In celebration of BOSS' 40th anniversary, the company releases a triumvirate of their most famous and sought-after pedals in a limited-edition box-set format.
In celebration of their rich history, VOX launches the AC30HW60 and AC15HW60. Designed to emulate the classics, VOX add impetus to the saying 'old is gold'
Continuing the legacy of Elektron's previous entries, the Analog Four MKII/Analog Rytm MKII marks the beginning of a new era graced with bountiful enhancements