Music Gear News

At Gear4music.com we update our news channel daily to ensure you always get the latest and most important music news.

Jennifer Lopez 'emotionally connected' to new song

Jennifer Lopez feels like she has an emotional connection to her new dance track 'On the Floor'.
Great deals on musical instruments

Jennifer Lopez feels "emotionally connected" to her new song 'On the Floor'.

The singer and actress - who has not released an album since 2007's 'Brave' - knew she had to have the song as her new single as soon as Lady Gaga's producer, RedOne, played it to her.

She said: "The minute RedOne played it for me, I made him play it 20 times in a row, and I just sat there at the board and I kept listening to it and listening to it.

"Because I really feel like, emotionally, I connected to it, but also because of how much I love to dance and how much that's always been such a big part of who I am since I started. Since I was a little girl, I just totally connected with the idea of getting out there."

Further discussing her album, titled 'Love?', Jennifer, also known as J.Lo, believes RedOne did a great job of encapsulating all the sides of her personality.

The 41-year-old star added to MTV: "I love the fact that it had also a little bit of kind of that street vibe, but also the very melodic, sensual, vulnerable side as well. I felt like RedOne captured both sides of me with this record. I got to be wild and crazy and, at the same time, I got to be sexy and sweet too."

Talking about the record last week, RedOne - real name Nadir Khayat - said he was delighted at the reaction it was getting.

He said: "I'm excited about J.Lo's 'On the Floor.' - It's getting the most incredible reaction. I'm happy for her."

Posted on 26 Jan 2011 06:30 to category : Band / Celebrity News

Related Music News

thumbnail

Through a collaboration with Martin, Sheeran's latest signature model features artwork from his latest album '÷' and has been built to his exact specifications.

25 Apr 2017 17:08
thumbnail

An icon who helped propel the rock 'n' roll movement to new and unprecedented heights. Chucky Berry is praised by many as a founding father of modern music.

20 Mar 2017 11:31
thumbnail

Founding guitarist of legendary LA band Y and T Joey Alves passes away due to complications relating to Ulcerative Colitis. Documentary on soon to follow.

13 Mar 2017 13:12
thumbnail

Destroyer Cola is to be the latest release in rock veterans Kiss' long line of merchandise currently available to the general public for purchase

7 Mar 2017 15:23
thumbnail

In a recent unconfirmed report, frontman of famous rock and roll outfit Guns N' Roses is said to be heading into the studio with Australian rock veterans AC/DC

24 Feb 2017 13:13
thumbnail

Never before has music been so accessible. With social media, tab sites and forums at your immediate disposal, learning your favourite song couldn't be easier.

9 Feb 2017 15:22

Recent Music News

thumbnail

The latest addition to the illustrious range of Katana Amplifiers, the Katana-Mini guitar amplifier brings classic BOSS tone in a portable and lightweight design

23 Jun 2017 10:23
thumbnail

Today's second pedal release from BOSS for Roland's 'Future Redesigned' campaign, the MD-500 is the latest comprehensive workhorse for the modern musician.

23 Jun 2017 09:49
thumbnail

The most advanced reverb pedal to come from BOSS to date, the RV-500 pedal promises a wealth of tone shaping options and professional grade versatility

23 Jun 2017 09:14
thumbnail

Using the feedback from the guitar player community Walrus Audio has devised a new and improved pedal that eliminates the pitfalls of its predecessor.

22 Jun 2017 16:09
thumbnail

After the release of the Hall of Fame 2 and Pipeline Tap Tremolo Pedals, TC Electronic's Flashback 2 promises for unprecedented expression and otherworldly tone.

21 Jun 2017 15:29
thumbnail

Looking to get that perfect take? M-Audio's M-Track 2X2 Vocal Studio Pro gives you professional standard recording capabilities in a robust and compact format.

20 Jun 2017 15:01