Music Gear News
How to Put On a Great Live Show - 8 Tips For Beginners
- Promote your show well. Get in touch with your fans and potential fans by creating events on social media sites, putting you gig in local events listings and getting some flyers or posters made!
- Connect with your audience. Don't treat a small audience like you would a stadium crowd and vice versa, interaction is the key to getting the crowd on side.
- Adapt your set. Making the setlist different for every show you play makes each show memorable for both you and your audience. To create the perfect setlist, start and end on a high but mix it up in the middle for each venue, and make sure everyone involved behind the scenes knows what's coming next.
- Respect the staff. When you get to a venue, learn the names of those who will be helping you during the gig - not just the sound technicians, but the bar staff too. Don't forget to thank the promoter and everyone else involved. Not only does it make sense to be polite, but it makes you more memorable too.
- Stage presence is important. What do you remember about the best live performance you ever saw? Freddie Mercury said "A concert is not a rendition of our live album. It's a theatrical event". If people just wanted to hear your songs, they'd listen to them. Use video, stage lighting and effects to set the mood. There are plenty of cheaper lighting options available, use your imagination!
- The gig doesn't end with the last song. Hang about to watch the other bands if there are any (it's only polite), stand by your merch table to give people the chance to come and say hello.
- And finally... have fun!
Related Music News
Update available to improve performance and fix bugs.
Shure recently discussed how guitarists can achieve great results when recording at home or in a small project studio. We took a look and picked out our favourite points.
Recreate the Brazilian carnival atmosphere at your World Cup party with our Samba instruments.
Many parents want to encourage their child to take up an instrument early on in life. Music can be a fun and rewarding activity for children but knowing where to start can be tricky. Here are our top picks for ideal starter instruments for children under 7.
We take a look at 11 apps you may want to try...
You've spent ages perfecting your sound and now it's time to let others hear it too. Read our 8 Tips for Putting on a Great Live Show.
Recent Music News
Also available are sE Electronic's Brand New X1 S Vocal Pack and X1 S Studio Bundle, helping you attain that studio grade sound without breaking a sweat.
With a slew of new reinterpretations and familiar faces to boot,KORG unveil the latest releases for this years Musikmesse in Frankfurt Germany.
Delivered by Choreographer and Theater Director Arlene Phillips, The Bacc For the Future campaign has acquired support of over 100 hundred influential figures
Melding tradition with modern manufacturing techniques, Tanglewood's Sundance Performance Pro Series offer the player unique tone with a distinctive personality.
In a three week celebration extravaganza, the city of Liverpool will be paying testament to the legendary Beatles album 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band'
On the 22nd of April, Pink Floyd will be releasing an unheard version of the iconic classic 'Interstellar Overdrive' in celebration of world record day