Music Gear News
How to Arm a Track and Record in Ableton
Ableton Live is a professional loop-based software music software for Windows and Mac OS. It is designed to be as much a tool of live performance as an instrument. Ableton is peerless as a tool for composing and arranging on the fly.
- Open Ableton
- Goto Options > Preferences
- Check that Audio Input Device and Audio Output Device are set to the name of the soundcard or audio interface that you are using.
- Click on Input Config
- Arm all available channels
- Click Ok and exit the preference window
For the following please refer to diagram
- In the track labeled Audio From select Ext. In and then the channel of choice
- To monitor what is being recorded click on the In button in the Monitor section (for playback this must be returned to Auto).
- Click the small button with a circle on at the bottom of the track to turn it red and arm it
- When the track is armed the formerly Square buttons within the track will turn to Circles
- Clicking on a Circle begins recording.
- As you can see there are many sections like this in the track. Using Ableton you can record many takes / versions / loops all on the same track.
Related Music News
Update available to improve performance and fix bugs.
Shure recently discussed how guitarists can achieve great results when recording at home or in a small project studio. We took a look and picked out our favourite points.
Recreate the Brazilian carnival atmosphere at your World Cup party with our Samba instruments.
Many parents want to encourage their child to take up an instrument early on in life. Music can be a fun and rewarding activity for children but knowing where to start can be tricky. Here are our top picks for ideal starter instruments for children under 7.
You've spent ages perfecting your sound and now it's time to let others hear it too. Read our 8 Tips for Putting on a Great Live Show.
When you're shopping for a loudspeaker, often the specifications can seem a bit confusing! Use this guide to help you demystify common terms and find the right speaker for your needs.
Recent Music News
The latest addition to the illustrious range of Katana Amplifiers, the Katana-Mini guitar amplifier brings classic BOSS tone in a portable and lightweight design
Today's second pedal release from BOSS for Roland's 'Future Redesigned' campaign, the MD-500 is the latest comprehensive workhorse for the modern musician.
The most advanced reverb pedal to come from BOSS to date, the RV-500 pedal promises a wealth of tone shaping options and professional grade versatility
Using the feedback from the guitar player community Walrus Audio has devised a new and improved pedal that eliminates the pitfalls of its predecessor.
After the release of the Hall of Fame 2 and Pipeline Tap Tremolo Pedals, TC Electronic's Flashback 2 promises for unprecedented expression and otherworldly tone.
Looking to get that perfect take? M-Audio's M-Track 2X2 Vocal Studio Pro gives you professional standard recording capabilities in a robust and compact format.