Music Gear News
How to Arm a Track and Record in Ableton
Ableton Live is a professional loop-based software music software for Windows and Mac OS. It is designed to be as much a tool of live performance as an instrument. Ableton is peerless as a tool for composing and arranging on the fly.
- Open Ableton
- Goto Options > Preferences
- Check that Audio Input Device and Audio Output Device are set to the name of the soundcard or audio interface that you are using.
- Click on Input Config
- Arm all available channels
- Click Ok and exit the preference window
For the following please refer to diagram
- In the track labeled Audio From select Ext. In and then the channel of choice
- To monitor what is being recorded click on the In button in the Monitor section (for playback this must be returned to Auto).
- Click the small button with a circle on at the bottom of the track to turn it red and arm it
- When the track is armed the formerly Square buttons within the track will turn to Circles
- Clicking on a Circle begins recording.
- As you can see there are many sections like this in the track. Using Ableton you can record many takes / versions / loops all on the same track.
Related Music News
Update available to improve performance and fix bugs.
Shure recently discussed how guitarists can achieve great results when recording at home or in a small project studio. We took a look and picked out our favourite points.
Recreate the Brazilian carnival atmosphere at your World Cup party with our Samba instruments.
Many parents want to encourage their child to take up an instrument early on in life. Music can be a fun and rewarding activity for children but knowing where to start can be tricky. Here are our top picks for ideal starter instruments for children under 7.
We take a look at 11 apps you may want to try...
You've spent ages perfecting your sound and now it's time to let others hear it too. Read our 8 Tips for Putting on a Great Live Show.
Recent Music News
Designed in collaboration with celebrated musician Devin Townsend, Mooer's Ocean Machine blends gorgeous, transient tones with powerful expression and depth.
JHS Pedals give us the lowdown on their latest pedal launches and re-releases from NAMM 2017, with products Shipping to European dealers on April 24th.
Introducing a sleek aesthetic to an established favourite, Arturia's Step Range offer an extensive selection of creative options to the discerning musician.
News has emerged from Superbooth that Behringer will be introducing their brand new Deep Mind 6, a smaller more condensed version of its big brother DeepMind 12
Utilizing innovative features designed to complement the modern piano player, Yamaha's MX88 Synth offers a re purposed design and flawless functionality.
Need to sort out your audio inconsistencies? iZotope launch an update across three of of their pieces audio editing software: Elements, Regular and Advanced.