Music Gear News

At Gear4music.com we update our news channel daily to ensure you always get the latest and most important music news.

Brian Wilson 'considering' Beach Boys reunion

Brian Wilson is ''considering'' performing with The Beach Boys again to mark their 50th anniversary.
Great deals on musical instruments

Brian Wilson may reunite with The Beach Boys to mark their 50th anniversary.

The group's founder- who recently announced he plans to stop touring next year - has admitted he would "consider" performing with his surviving former bandmates again for the first time since the mid-90s.

Asked if he would share a stage with current members of The Beach Boys Mike Love, Bruce Johnston and Al Jardine to for their 50th anniversary this year, Brian said: "I'm considering it. I don't know yet but I'm considering it.

"Nothing's really holding me back. I just don't know if I want to be around those guys, you know. They're zany guys. They're crazy."

The 'Good Vibrations' hitmaker - whose latest project, ' Brian Wilson Re-imagines Gershwin' sees him cover tracks by US songwriter George Gershwin -also admitted his songwriting has not been as prolific as usual in recent months.

He told BBC 6 Music: "About five years ago I wrote 18 songs in one month. 18 goods, not throwaways. 18 good songs.

"It's slowed way down. I exhausted my creativity. The need to make music isn't in me yet. I need for that need to come back in me."

Brian last performed with the Beach Boys during the making of their 1996 album 'Stars And Stripes Vol. 1' but has toured as a solo artist since.

Despite Brian's comments, his cousin Mike insisted last summer Brian wouldn't perform with them in 2011.

He said: "At this time there are no plans for my cousin Brian to rejoin the tour. We have had some discussions of writing and possibly recording together, but nothing has been planned.

"I felt the need to clarify that there are no current 'reunion' tour plans."

Posted on 16 May 2011 16:15 to category : Music News

Related Music News

thumbnail

With the advent of various new files formats and the cancelling of several licensing programs, the MP3 is speculated to soon become a thing of the past.

17 May 2017 12:40
thumbnail

JBL Professional has launched a competition that gives aspiring musician the opportunity to record in a professional facility with renowned producer Steve Levine.

8 May 2017 14:48
thumbnail

Delivered by Choreographer and Theater Director Arlene Phillips, The Bacc For the Future campaign has acquired support of over 100 hundred influential figures

28 Mar 2017 12:28
thumbnail

On the 22nd of April, Pink Floyd will be releasing an unheard version of the iconic classic 'Interstellar Overdrive' in celebration of world record day

23 Mar 2017 15:29
thumbnail

With an increased quality of specifications right across the board, Apple's eponymous 'iPad' will host a whole generous selection of great new features.

22 Mar 2017 15:09
thumbnail

Supported by the likes of Ed Sheeran, Royal Blood, Wolf Alice and many more, Fanfair Alliances new educational guide is available for free download online.

21 Mar 2017 15:25

Recent Music News

thumbnail

The latest addition to the illustrious range of Katana Amplifiers, the Katana-Mini guitar amplifier brings classic BOSS tone in a portable and lightweight design

23 Jun 2017 10:23
thumbnail

Today's second pedal release from BOSS for Roland's 'Future Redesigned' campaign, the MD-500 is the latest comprehensive workhorse for the modern musician.

23 Jun 2017 09:49
thumbnail

The most advanced reverb pedal to come from BOSS to date, the RV-500 pedal promises a wealth of tone shaping options and professional grade versatility

23 Jun 2017 09:14
thumbnail

Using the feedback from the guitar player community Walrus Audio has devised a new and improved pedal that eliminates the pitfalls of its predecessor.

22 Jun 2017 16:09
thumbnail

After the release of the Hall of Fame 2 and Pipeline Tap Tremolo Pedals, TC Electronic's Flashback 2 promises for unprecedented expression and otherworldly tone.

21 Jun 2017 15:29
thumbnail

Looking to get that perfect take? M-Audio's M-Track 2X2 Vocal Studio Pro gives you professional standard recording capabilities in a robust and compact format.

20 Jun 2017 15:01