Music Gear News

At Gear4music.com we update our news channel daily to ensure you always get the latest and most important music news.

Brian Wilson 'considering' Beach Boys reunion

Brian Wilson is ''considering'' performing with The Beach Boys again to mark their 50th anniversary.
Great deals on musical instruments

Brian Wilson may reunite with The Beach Boys to mark their 50th anniversary.

The group's founder- who recently announced he plans to stop touring next year - has admitted he would "consider" performing with his surviving former bandmates again for the first time since the mid-90s.

Asked if he would share a stage with current members of The Beach Boys Mike Love, Bruce Johnston and Al Jardine to for their 50th anniversary this year, Brian said: "I'm considering it. I don't know yet but I'm considering it.

"Nothing's really holding me back. I just don't know if I want to be around those guys, you know. They're zany guys. They're crazy."

The 'Good Vibrations' hitmaker - whose latest project, ' Brian Wilson Re-imagines Gershwin' sees him cover tracks by US songwriter George Gershwin -also admitted his songwriting has not been as prolific as usual in recent months.

He told BBC 6 Music: "About five years ago I wrote 18 songs in one month. 18 goods, not throwaways. 18 good songs.

"It's slowed way down. I exhausted my creativity. The need to make music isn't in me yet. I need for that need to come back in me."

Brian last performed with the Beach Boys during the making of their 1996 album 'Stars And Stripes Vol. 1' but has toured as a solo artist since.

Despite Brian's comments, his cousin Mike insisted last summer Brian wouldn't perform with them in 2011.

He said: "At this time there are no plans for my cousin Brian to rejoin the tour. We have had some discussions of writing and possibly recording together, but nothing has been planned.

"I felt the need to clarify that there are no current 'reunion' tour plans."

Posted on 16 May 2011 16:15 to category : Music News

Related Music News

thumbnail

Delivered by Choreographer and Theater Director Arlene Phillips, The Bacc For the Future campaign has acquired support of over 100 hundred influential figures

28 Mar 2017 12:28
thumbnail

On the 22nd of April, Pink Floyd will be releasing an unheard version of the iconic classic 'Interstellar Overdrive' in celebration of world record day

23 Mar 2017 15:29
thumbnail

With an increased quality of specifications right across the board, Apple's eponymous 'iPad' will host a whole generous selection of great new features.

22 Mar 2017 15:09
thumbnail

Supported by the likes of Ed Sheeran, Royal Blood, Wolf Alice and many more, Fanfair Alliances new educational guide is available for free download online.

21 Mar 2017 15:25
thumbnail

Aiming to provide equal educational opportunities for children across the U.K, NYMAZ outline the importance of technology in today's learning environment.

10 Mar 2017 12:22
thumbnail

Suffering from a shortage of funds in recent years, the Welsh educational system has experienced a slump in students who are expressing interest in music.

14 Feb 2017 13:19

Recent Music News

thumbnail

Through a collaboration with Martin, Sheeran's latest signature model features artwork from his latest album '÷' and has been built to his exact specifications.

25 Apr 2017 17:08
thumbnail

Designed in collaboration with celebrated musician Devin Townsend, Mooer's Ocean Machine blends gorgeous, transient tones with powerful expression and depth.

24 Apr 2017 13:35
thumbnail

JHS Pedals give us the lowdown on their latest pedal launches and re-releases from NAMM 2017, with products Shipping to European dealers on April 24th.

21 Apr 2017 15:18
thumbnail

Introducing a sleek aesthetic to an established favourite, Arturia's Step Range offer an extensive selection of creative options to the discerning musician.

21 Apr 2017 11:52
thumbnail

News has emerged from Superbooth that Behringer will be introducing their brand new Deep Mind 6, a smaller more condensed version of its big brother DeepMind 12

20 Apr 2017 16:32
thumbnail

Utilizing innovative features designed to complement the modern piano player, Yamaha's MX88 Synth offers a re purposed design and flawless functionality.

20 Apr 2017 13:33