Music Gear News

At we update our news channel daily to ensure you always get the latest and most important music news.

Brian Wilson 'considering' Beach Boys reunion

Brian Wilson is ''considering'' performing with The Beach Boys again to mark their 50th anniversary.
Great deals on musical instruments

Brian Wilson may reunite with The Beach Boys to mark their 50th anniversary.

The group's founder- who recently announced he plans to stop touring next year - has admitted he would "consider" performing with his surviving former bandmates again for the first time since the mid-90s.

Asked if he would share a stage with current members of The Beach Boys Mike Love, Bruce Johnston and Al Jardine to for their 50th anniversary this year, Brian said: "I'm considering it. I don't know yet but I'm considering it.

"Nothing's really holding me back. I just don't know if I want to be around those guys, you know. They're zany guys. They're crazy."

The 'Good Vibrations' hitmaker - whose latest project, ' Brian Wilson Re-imagines Gershwin' sees him cover tracks by US songwriter George Gershwin -also admitted his songwriting has not been as prolific as usual in recent months.

He told BBC 6 Music: "About five years ago I wrote 18 songs in one month. 18 goods, not throwaways. 18 good songs.

"It's slowed way down. I exhausted my creativity. The need to make music isn't in me yet. I need for that need to come back in me."

Brian last performed with the Beach Boys during the making of their 1996 album 'Stars And Stripes Vol. 1' but has toured as a solo artist since.

Despite Brian's comments, his cousin Mike insisted last summer Brian wouldn't perform with them in 2011.

He said: "At this time there are no plans for my cousin Brian to rejoin the tour. We have had some discussions of writing and possibly recording together, but nothing has been planned.

"I felt the need to clarify that there are no current 'reunion' tour plans."

Posted on 16 May 2011 16:15 to category : Music News

Related Music News

Remidi are nearing the launch of their much anticipated Remidi T8, a glove that grants the user the ability to make music with their hands alone

14 Oct 2016 16:07

Open to the public, the DJ decks are led by professional sound engineers and music producers encouraging commuters to try their hand at mixing.

13 Oct 2016 13:05

The MEGS initiative aims to break small companies and emerging artists into overseas markets

11 Oct 2016 16:16

Not Impossible Labs have developed a vest that is aimed at providing an equal experience for deaf and non deaf concert goers alike.

11 Oct 2016 13:46

Classic FM's Illustrious Music Teacher Awards are set to the biggest ever, showcasing the outstanding educational achievements of music teachers from across the UK

7 Oct 2016 13:42

In a bid to retain the standard of musical education across the board, the UK government endeavor to preserve their teaching incentive

5 Oct 2016 15:07

Recent Music News

Builiding on their reputation for developing cutting edge music gear and accessories, Samsons new Z series bring professional audio quality and transparency to the table

20 Oct 2016 17:06

With Pearl Jam, Tupac, , Depeche Mode, Janet Jackson and many more being nominated, this years event shaping up to be huge.

20 Oct 2016 10:57

His first album in over 38 years, Chuck's new album is to feature his family and his own original material

19 Oct 2016 14:37

Toontrack have released Big Rock, a vintage based rock pack that brings classic flavours in a modern package

18 Oct 2016 15:07

A promotional offer from Akai running until the 31st December allows the user to explore a vast array of professional sounds on the renowned MPD218

18 Oct 2016 09:11

Opening a public forum on Facebook, Behringer are looking to make the dream product, catering to their customers every need.

17 Oct 2016 15:36