Music Gear News
10 Live Vocal Microphones Under £100
Whether you're running a large professional PA system, a medium set up or a small karaoke night, there's a mic for you in our guide to budget vocal microphones.
- You can't have a discussion about vocal mics without this legendary model. Considered the industry-standard for live performance, the SM58 is award-winning and has proved its worth over almost half a century.
- A sturdy mic that stands up to the SM58, the e845 produces a crystal clear sound and is perfect for baritone singers. Available with a switch.
- The D5 features AKG's patented Laminated Varimotion diaphragm, the first microphone of its kind to vary thickness across its diameter. This allows for the D5 to be fine-tuned without using extra tuning resonators.
- Versatile and bright, the MTP440DM can be used for miking percussion and acoustic instruments just as well as vocal performances. Isolation of sound eliminates unwanted background noise and reflections.
- The multi-purpose OM2 has a VLM (Very Low Mass) diaphragm, giving it an exceptional voice response. This mic will fare just as well on small to mid-sized PA systems as well as larger systems.
- This feedback-resistant mic can handles high SPLs and has a low impedance. It's ideal for use with small PA systems found in school and churches, a real contender in the entry-level bracket.
- A two-stage pop filter helps to keep vocal 'pop' and breathy noises to a minimum, whilst maximising vocal projection. The XM8500 is sturdy enough to take on the road, an excellent mic for live vocals night after night.
- The frequency range and sensitivity of the Dynamic Vocal Mic by Gear4music mean it's perfectly suited to vocals, at a price ideal for absolute beginners looking for a starting point.
Posted on 24 Jul 2013 14:38 to category : Tips and advice
Related Music News
Update available to improve performance and fix bugs.
Shure recently discussed how guitarists can achieve great results when recording at home or in a small project studio. We took a look and picked out our favourite points.
Recreate the Brazilian carnival atmosphere at your World Cup party with our Samba instruments.
Many parents want to encourage their child to take up an instrument early on in life. Music can be a fun and rewarding activity for children but knowing where to start can be tricky. Here are our top picks for ideal starter instruments for children under 7.
We take a look at 11 apps you may want to try...
You've spent ages perfecting your sound and now it's time to let others hear it too. Read our 8 Tips for Putting on a Great Live Show.
Recent Music News
For those who want to emulate the massive tone of one of the contemporary music scene's biggest percussive heroes, the 'Spooky' signature drum is this winters must have addition to your kit
Some formats of compressed MP3 have been linked with negatively effecting individuals emotional state due to their inherent tonal characteristics
Once again Cubase continue to pave the path of innovation with Cubase Pro 9
Changing colour from its previous grey to a sleek black, the Launch Control XL's appearance has been re imagined to keep it inline with its Launch key and Launchpad counterparts.
Designed to simulate various classic amp tones, Supro's Tremolo Pedal introduces the new school to the old school
A premium belt-drive turntable that features wireless streaming, the BT-500 has been designed to extract every musical detail of your record collection