Music Gear News
10 Live Vocal Microphones Under £100
Whether you're running a large professional PA system, a medium set up or a small karaoke night, there's a mic for you in our guide to budget vocal microphones.
- You can't have a discussion about vocal mics without this legendary model. Considered the industry-standard for live performance, the SM58 is award-winning and has proved its worth over almost half a century.
- A sturdy mic that stands up to the SM58, the e845 produces a crystal clear sound and is perfect for baritone singers. Available with a switch.
- The D5 features AKG's patented Laminated Varimotion diaphragm, the first microphone of its kind to vary thickness across its diameter. This allows for the D5 to be fine-tuned without using extra tuning resonators.
- Versatile and bright, the MTP440DM can be used for miking percussion and acoustic instruments just as well as vocal performances. Isolation of sound eliminates unwanted background noise and reflections.
- The multi-purpose OM2 has a VLM (Very Low Mass) diaphragm, giving it an exceptional voice response. This mic will fare just as well on small to mid-sized PA systems as well as larger systems.
- This feedback-resistant mic can handles high SPLs and has a low impedance. It's ideal for use with small PA systems found in school and churches, a real contender in the entry-level bracket.
- A two-stage pop filter helps to keep vocal 'pop' and breathy noises to a minimum, whilst maximising vocal projection. The XM8500 is sturdy enough to take on the road, an excellent mic for live vocals night after night.
- The frequency range and sensitivity of the Dynamic Vocal Mic by Gear4music mean it's perfectly suited to vocals, at a price ideal for absolute beginners looking for a starting point.
Posted on 24 Jul 2013 14:38 to category : Tips and advice
Related Music News
Update available to improve performance and fix bugs.
Shure recently discussed how guitarists can achieve great results when recording at home or in a small project studio. We took a look and picked out our favourite points.
Recreate the Brazilian carnival atmosphere at your World Cup party with our Samba instruments.
Many parents want to encourage their child to take up an instrument early on in life. Music can be a fun and rewarding activity for children but knowing where to start can be tricky. Here are our top picks for ideal starter instruments for children under 7.
You've spent ages perfecting your sound and now it's time to let others hear it too. Read our 8 Tips for Putting on a Great Live Show.
When you're shopping for a loudspeaker, often the specifications can seem a bit confusing! Use this guide to help you demystify common terms and find the right speaker for your needs.
Recent Music News
Building upon the success of the acclaimed Hall of Fame Reverb Pedal, the second instalment from TC Electronic sees a much more refined and modern rendition.
Novation's Circuit Groovebox is now more expressive than ever, with new firmware granting players exciting new updates to enhance their playing experience
Complete with integrated Wi-fi capabilities the Ui24R Recording and Mixing System can operate almost anywhere with unprecedented control and access.
Following CITES agreement last year, Fender has announced that their Elite guitar and bass range will be subject to strict regulation and substitution of woods.
A reinterpretation of its predecessor, the Moog Subsequent 37 CV Analog Synth builds upon a cumulative effort between Moog and the very people who play them.
With the advent of various new files formats and the cancelling of several licensing programs, the MP3 is speculated to soon become a thing of the past.