Guaneri Designed Instrument
This instrument takes much of its influence from the famous family of 17th and 18th century luthiers - the Guaneri families. Although perhaps not quite as well-known as Stradivarius instruments, the design and construction is equally comparable and sought after. The construction of a Guaneri influenced instrument gives a deeper and warmer sound. The Avocet gives exactly that.
The Archer Avocet violin has been made from a collection of European woods to create the best sounding instrument possible. Using a belly from aged Swiss pine and select German maple, this instrument has been made from quality woods that give a resonant and warm sound, which has a deep sound that is full of projection. The instrument also boasts fully carved purflings and a professional antique varnish.
Full Ebony Fittings
This violin boasts a professional set of ebony fittings from top to toe. The pegs, fingerboard, tailpiece and chinrest have been constructed from a hard wearing and non-porous ebony, which not only makes the instrument extremely hard wearing, but easier to use, certainly on the fingerboard due to its very smooth and close grain. Not only will the Avocet sound brilliant, but will also last a very long time!
Everything You Need
The instrument doesn't just come on its own. Included are a set of accessories to get you going as soon as the instrument arrives. A permenbuco French bow has been included, which includes an ebony adjuster and fully mounted frog. As well as that a hard moulded case has been included to assure you that transporting and storing the instrument can be done safely and securely.
- Model: Completely hand carved, hand finished master built instrument
- Belly: Hand carved select aged Swiss pine
- Back: Beautifully figured and bookmatched select German maple with matching ribs and scroll
- Inlaid Purflings: Fully carved on belly and back
- Finish: Handbrushed traditional oil varnish in orange-brown with slight antiquing
- Bridge: Fitted maple
- Neck: Maple with ebony fingerboard
- Tuning Pegs: Ebony fitted
- Chinrest: Ebony Guaneri pattern
- Endpin: Ebony
- Tailpiece: Ebony with single Wittner E-string fine tuner
- Bow: Octagonal select pernambuco with horsehair
- Adjuster: Ebony with two nickel bands
- Lapping: Nickel silver with leather thumbpiece
- Frog: Fully mounted and lined ebony with abalone slide and abalone Paris eye
- Tip: Bone
- Tweed finish plush lined fibreglass case with lockable clasps, straps and accessories pocket
Archer String Instruments by Gear4music
This range of string instruments was launched by Gear4Music.com in 2007 with a range of premium quality Violins, Cellos, Violas and Double Basses.
Archer instruments by Gear4Music are built by carefully selected master craftsmen, who have many years of experience constructing top quality instruments. As a result all of our Archer instruments are built to precision and finished immaculately
By providing our team with the finest solid pieces of Canadian Spruce and Maple
, we ensure that these instruments have a full bodied sound that you would expect of a premium quality instrument.
All Archer instruments come as a package, which includes an instrument, bow, hard case and rosin. With all these items included, the performer can begin playing straight away.
The Archer by Gear4Music instruments are renowned for their superior sound
and offer the performer with a rich and responsive tone. They will reward any player with a timbre that will blend in to any orchestra or ensemble.
Immaculate style and finishes provide the final flourish to these carefully crafted instruments. Archer strings will continue to raise the bar for both quality and price.