Zoom U-44 USB Audio Interface
Zoom U-44 USB Audio InterfaceDetails
The Zoom U44 USB Audio Interface is a compact 4-in/4-out interface that provides you with all the essential features you need for recording and performing with high resolution audio, anywhere you go. The U44 offers the same high-quality, low-noise mic preamps as the acclaimed H5 and H6 Handy Recorders, while compatibility with Zoom's Interchangeable Input Capsules provides outstanding flexibility and endless possibilities. Additionally, the U44 can be used with your PC, Mac or iPad via USB, or as a standalone AD/DA converter and mic preamp. Small enough to fit into the palm of your hand, the Zoom U44 comes equipped with all the inputs, outputs and features you need to record 24-bit/96kHz audio anywhere.
Product Ref: 72135View Full Description
Spend another £101.00 to buy on finance Finance from £6.82 per month
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Outstanding Recording and Playback
Inspired by Zoom's H-series recorders, the U44 is equipped with the same high-performance, low-noise mic preamps (-119.5 dB EIN). These preamps provide the U44 with the ability to both record and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96kHz. Additionally, the U44 can also be used as a studio-quality headphone amp for listening to your favourite music in full fidelity.
All The Essential Inputs and Outputs
The U44 features all of the essential inputs and outputs required for streamlined, convenient recording. Two combo inputs with independent gain knobs and multi-colour level indicators allow you to connect microphones, keyboards, mixers and much more. 48V phantom power can be supplied to both inputs, while input 1 and 2 supports Hi-Z for connecting guitars, basses and other passive instruments. The MIDI input and output jacks are suitable for connecting a vast range of devices including controllers, synths, drum machines and more. Multiple output options - including 1/4'', RCA and S/PDIF - are suitable connecting DJ mixers, monitors and other equipment. Finally, the independent headphone output has a dedicated volume control for complete flexibility while monitoring your audio.
Your Mix, Your Way
Perfect for dialing in the perfect mix with zero latency, the U44 allows you to balance the cue and main output signals when you're DJ'ing, or create a mix of click track and main out signals during live performances. Each connector and control knob has been strategically positioned to ensure fast, convenient access with total ease.
Standalone AD/DA Conversion
When transferring audio, high-quality AD/DA conversion is critical. When in standalone mode, the Zoom U44 functions as a high-quality mic preamp and AD/DA converter to ensure complete transparency when converting audio formats. Additionally, you can choose between a 44.1kHz or 48kHz sampling rate.
Create More with Your U44
Each Zoom U44 comes supplied with a free copy of Ableton Live 9 Live. When you combine both the U44 interface and the software together, you have everything required by any modern music creator. Record your tracks quickly and intuitively while also enhancing them with professional, studio-quality effects such as EQ, compression, reverb, chorus, filter and more.
- Multi-channel and stereo USB audio interface for Mac and PC
- Connects to an iPad with optional Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter - both sold separately
- Two mic/line inputs with high-performance mic preamps
- High-quality recording and playback resolutions up to 24-bit/96kHz
- Compatible with Zoom interchangeable input capsules via 10-pin connector
- Standalone AD/DA converter
- Functions as a two-channel mic preamp with analog and digital outputs
- Approximately four hours of operation with 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Includes free download code for Ableton Live 9 Lite
- Four-channel simultaneous inputs
- Hi-Z support on input 1
- Zero-latency direct monitoring
- Three TRS phone jack outputs
- Dedicated RCA L/R and headphone outputs
- MIDI I/O
- S/PDIF optical/coaxial input and output
- Gain control knobs for each input
- +48V phantom power for inputs 1 and 2
- Frequency: At 44.1kHz: 20Hz - 20kHz (± 1.5dB)
- At 96kHz: 20Hz - 40kHz (± 2dB)
- Input Conversion Noise: Measured EIN: -119.5dB (IHF-A) at 43dB, 150? Input
- Audio Recording: 4 Channels
- Playback: 4 Channels
- Sampling Frequencies: 96kHz, 88.2kHz, 48kHz, 44.1kHz
- Bit Depth: 24-Bit
- Interface: USB 2.0
- MIDI Input/Output: 5-Pin DIN Jack
- Power Consumption: 5W Maximum
- Dimensions: 198.8mm x 92.3mm x 42.7mm (D x W x H)
- Weight: 310g
- USB Bus Power: Type B
- Zoom AD-17: Micro-B
- DC 5V Power Supply: Micro-B
- 2 x AA Batteries: 4 Hours Continuous Operation with Phantom Power Off
Analog Input 1/2
- Connector: TRS/XLR Combo Jacks (XLR: 2 Hot, TRS: TIP Hot)
- Input Gain: 0 - 43dB
- Input Impedance: 2.6k? (Mic In) - 1.1 M? with Hi-Z On
- Maximum Input Level: - Mic In: +2.7dBu - TRS In: +20.7dBu
- Phantom Power: +48V
Analog Input - Microphone
- Supported Zoom Capsules: XYH-6, MSH-6, SGH-6, EXH-6, SSH-6, XYH-5
Analog Output - Main Out L/R
- Connector: TRS Phone Jacks Unbalanced
- Maximum Output Level: +10dBu (at 0 dBFS)
- Output Impedance: 330?
Analog Output - Line Out 1/2
- Connector: RCA (Coaxial)
- Maximum Output Level: +8dBu (at 0 dBFS)
- Output Impedance: 1k?
Analog Output - Headphones
- Connector: Standard Stereo Phone Jack
- Maximum Output Level: +10dBu (at 0 dBFS)
- Output Impedance: 33?
- S/PDIF Optical Connector: TOSLINK
- S/PDIF Optical Sampling Frequencies: 96kHz, 88.2kHz, 48kHz, 44.1kHz
- S/PDIF Coaxial Connector: RCA (Coaxial)
- S/PDIF Coaxial Sampling Frequencies: 96kHz, 88.2kHz, 48kHz, 44.1kHz
- OS: Windows® 7 SP1 or later / 8.1 / 10 (32bit/64bit)
- CPU: Intel® Core i3 or faster (Operation is not guaranteed with CPUs from Atom, Celeron or Pentium series or CPUs made by AMD)
- USB: USB 3.0/USB 2.0 (Only USB host controllers with Intel Chipsets are supported. Operation is not guaranteed when used with USB hubs or expansion cards)
- OS: Mac® OS X 10.9.5 or later / 10.10 / 10.11
- CPU:Intel® Core i3 or faster
- USB: USB 3.0/USB 2.0 (Operation is not guaranteed when used with USB hubs or expansion cards)
- OS: iOS 7.1 or later
- * Requires 2 AA batteries or optional AC adapter for power, plus an Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter.
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.