Zoom TAC-2R Thunderbolt Audio Interface
Zoom TAC-2R Thunderbolt Audio InterfaceDetails
Product Ref: 57359View Full Description
Spend another £1.00 to buy on finance Finance from £6.82 per month
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Inputs and Outputs
The TAC-2R features a range of input and output connection to provide maximum compatibility and integration for a variety of instruments and studio set ups. With two front facing XLR/TRS inputs you can capture hi-fidelity audio from a range of microphones, line level instruments (keyboards) and even passive instruments such as electric guitars and basses.
Located to the rear of the compact unit are two TRA balanced output jacks (left and right) that provide direct outputs to studio monitors and powered speakers. Additionally there is a 1/4 inch front facing stereo headphone jack with dedicated volume control for critical mixing and isolated monitoring.
Also incorporating high speed MIDI in and output connections the Zoom TAC-2R can be used to integrate controller keyboards, software controllers and synthesizers. The addition of these MIDI ports make the TAC-2R a versatile alternative to multiple interfaces as it provides comprehensive connections for all your studio gear directly to your digital audio workstation.
The innovative thunderbolt connection provides high speed connection to your Mac computer via one single cable (provided).Unlike USB and FireWire connections the thunderbolt connection delivers an ultra-high speed data transfer of ten gigabits per second which means virtually no latency and a stable connection with no computer jittering.
- 2 Input/Output High Speed Thunderbolt Audio Interface
- Support for Recording and Playback up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Ultra-low Latency Audio Streaming
- Two Combo Balanced XLR/TRS Input Connectors Accept Both Mic and Line-Level Signal
- Hi-Z Switches Allow Direct Connection of Electric Guitar or Bass
- Switchable +48V Phantom Power
- Two balanced TRS Output Jacks for Connection to Amplifiers or Self-Powered Speakers
- 1/4" Headphone Jack with Dedicated Level Control
- Independent Gain Controls and Clip LEDs for Each Input
- Large Knob Output Volume Control
- Direct Monitoring Switch for Zero Latency Monitoring in Mono or Stereo
- MIDI Input and Output
- High-Performance Mic Preamps with up to +60dB of Amplification
- 4 x Up Sampling During A/D and D/A Conversion for Reduced Noise and Enhanced Fidelity
- Asynchronous Transfer System Unaffected by Computer Jitter
- Bus Powered - No AC Power Required
- Robust Metal Housing Ensures Maximum Durability
- Works with all Thunderbolt-Equipped Macintosh Computers Running OS X 10.8.5 or later
- Input 1/2 Connections: XLR/TRS Combo Jacks
- Input 1/2 Gain: 0, 9 to 60 dB (3dB Intervals)
- Input 1/2 Impedance: 3 kOhms
- Input 1/2 Level (Max: +12dBu
- Input 1/2 Phantom Power: +48v
- Instrument Input Connection: 1/4" Jack
- Instrument Input Impedance: 1 mOhms
- Instrument Input Level (Max): +10 dBu
- Output L/R Connection: 1/4" TRS Phone Jack (Balanced)
- Output L/R Level (Max): +14 dBu
- Output L/R Impedance: 100 Ohms
- Phones Output Connection: 1/4" Stereo Phone Jack
- Phones Output Level (Max): +8dBu
- Phones Output Impedance: 30 Ohms
- Frequency Response (44.1 kHz): 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (96 kHz): 20 Hz - 40 kHz
- Frequency Response (192 kHz): 20 Hz - 60 kHz
- S/N Ratio (EIN): 125dB @ 60 dB (150 Ohm Input)
- Dynamic Range (A/D): 118dB Typical
- Dynamic Range (D/A): 120dB Typical
- Audio Channels Recording: 2
- Audio Channels Playback: 2
- Sampling Frequency: 192kHz, 176.4kHz, 96kHz, 88.2kHz, 48kHz, 44.1kHz
- Bit Depth: 24-Bit
- Interface: Thunderbolt
- MIDI: In / Out (5 Pin DIN Jack)
- Power: Thunderbolt Bus Power
- Power Consumption (Max): 10W
- Height: 46.2 mm
- Width: 176 mm
- Depth: 113.9 mm
- Weight: 714g
- Includes: Operation Manual, Thunderbolt Cable
- Type: Mac
- Operating System: OS X 10.8.5 or Later
- Connections: 1 x Thunderbolt
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.