Zoom R16 Multitrack Recorder, Audio Interface & Controller
Zoom R16 Multitrack Recorder, Audio Interface & ControllerDetails
The R16 is versatile piece of kit which works as a portable multi-track recorder, a USB audio interface and a controller surface.
Product Ref: 14536View Full Description
Buy on finance from £7.10 per month Finance from £7.10 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Whether you're recording 8 tracks simultaneously, using the R16's eight input channels and two output channels as an audio interface or using it as a controller for transport and mixing operations, it's all possible with the Zoom R16.
Record 8 tracks simultaneously and easily with 16-track playback
Capture audio in any setting, from live music performance, drums with multiple mics to music rehearsals and songwriting, even audio for film and video. You can playback up to 16 tracks using its 16/24-bit linear WAV format and 44.1kHz sampling rate.
Audio interface with 8-in/2-out capability
The R16 functions as an audio interface enabling direct input of sound to a computer. It features support for high quality 24-bit/96kHz encoding, it has eight input channels and two output channels which can be used simultaneously.
If you use the sampling rate of 44.1kHz, the internal DSP effects of the R16 are also usable on your computer tracks. Adjust the mixing balance between the DAW playback sound and the direct sound for monitoring with the dedicated control.
Control surface for all major DAW functions
Use the R16 to control Transport and mixing operations of the DAW software. Get greater control and a better feel for mixing. In Mackie Control emulation mode, major DAW applications such as Cubase, Logic, and Sonar are supported.
Sync two R16s for 16 tracks of simultaneous recording
The R16 is the first recorder that incorporates the ability to generate a synchronization signal based on USB data transfer timing. By connecting two R16 units via USB, you can designate one to function as a USB host and the other as a USB slave, allowing synchronised transport operation. This lets you record on up to 16 tracks simultaneously to competently handle a live performance.
Please download the PDF from the link below for further details on the Zoom R16's other features.
- Built-in high-sensitivity stereo microphones
- Supports SDHC cards up to 32 Gb
- Versatile inputs for guitars, mics and line sources
- Use master track for final mix
- 135 DSP Effects including guitar amp simulations
- Tuner and metronome onboard
- Locate function makes editing easy
- Power options (Supplied AC Adaptor or 6 AA/LR6 batteries)
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed mode for fast file transfer
- USB host capability with connecting USB memory
- Physical Tracks: 16
- Simultaneous Recording Tracks: 8
- Simultaneous Playback Tracks: 16
- Recording Data Format: 44.1kHz, 16/24bit WAV
- Maximum Recordable Time: 200 minutes / GB (referred to mono tracks)
- Projects: 1,000
- Markers: 100 / Project
- Locator: Min. / Sec. / msec or Meas. / Beat / Tick
- File Editing: Divide
- Other Functions: Punch-In / Out (Manual, Automatic), Bounce, A-B Repeat, UNDO / REDO
- Input Channels: 8
- Output Channels: 2
- Quantization: 24bit
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96kHz
- Faders: 9
- Level Meters: 4-Segment LED
- Track Parameters: 3-Band Equaliser, Pan (Balance), Effect Send x 2, Invert
- Stereo Links Track pairs: 1/2 to 15/16 selectable
- Algorithms: 9 (CLEAN, DISTORTION, ACO / BASS SIM, BASS, MIC, DUAL MIC, STEREO, 8 x COMP EQ, MASTERING)
- Types: 135
- Modules: 7 for Insert, 2 for Send / Return
- Patches: 330 for Insert, 60 for Send / Return
- Tuner: Chromatic, Guitar, Bass, Open A/D/E/G, D modal
- Sounds: 5
- Beat: 1/4 - 8/4, 6/8, Unaccented
- Tempo: 40.0 - 250.0 BPM
- Recording Media: SD Card (16MB-2GB), SDHC Card (4-32GB)
- A/D Conversion: 96kHz 24bit delta-sigma ADC
- D/A Conversion: 96kHz 24bit delta-sigma DAC
- Display : 20-digit 2-line custom LCD (with backlight)
- Inputs: 8 x XLR-1/4''Phone Combo Jack / Input Impedance: (Balanced input) 1kΩ balanced, 2nd hot, (Unbalanced input) 50kΩ unbalanced, (Hi-Z Input) 470kΩ / Input Level:-50dBm to +4dBm continuously variable
- Built-in microphones: Omnidirectional condenser microphones Gain: -50dBm to +4dBm continuously variable
- Phantom Power Supply: 48V (with On/Off switch)
- Master Output: 1/4"TRS Phone (balanced) / Output Impedance: 1kΩ / Rated Output Level: +4dBm
- Headphones Output: 1/4''Stereo Phone Jack, 20mW x 2 (at 32Ω load)
- USB: [B type (USB2.0 High-Speed compatible)] Audio Interface / Control Surface or Mass Storage Class operation [A type (USB2.0 High-Speed compatible)] USB Host capability
- Power Requirements: AC adaptor (DC5V/1A/center positive) or AA size (LR6) battery x6
- Battery Life: 4.5 hours (with backlight on and phantom power off)
- Dimensions: W 376 mm x D 237.1 mm x H 52.2 mm
- Weight: 1.3kg (without batteries)
- Windows® XP SP2 or later / Windows® Vista SP1or later / Windows® 7
- Intel® Pentium® 4 1.8GHz or better
- 1GB RAM or more
- Intel® Mac
- OS X 10.4.11or later/ 10.5 / 10.6 / 10.7
- Intel® Core Duo 1.83GHz or better
- 1GB RAM or more
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.