World-Class Sound with Superior Apollo A/D and D/A Conversion
The original Apollo, introduced in 2012, quickly became a gold standard among modern music producers and engineers - it now counts many of the world's top artists as users. Apollo 8 improves upon the original Apollo's sound quality with completely redesigned, class-leading A/D and D/A conversion - giving you increased dynamic range and even lower THD.
Building upon a 50-year legacy of circuit design, UA engineers started with an obsessive audition of the latest converters, pairing them with completely redesigned analog circuitry. Confirmed by extensive double-blind listening tests, the end result is 3 dB better dynamic range on both A/D and D/A conversion versus the original Apollo, placing the Apollo 8 as the measurable class leader.
Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing for Tracking, Mixing and Mastering
Imagine having a classic analog studio, in single rack space. Apollo 8 lets you record through UAD Powered Plug-Ins - including vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines and more - at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software buffer size. With award-winning UAD plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more, Apollo 8 serves up authentic analog tone and warmth. The key to its analog sound is onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core DSP Processing, which powers the UAD plug-ins while reducing the strain on your host computer.
Four Mic Preamps with Unison™ Technology
Apollo 8 comes equipped with four Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track projects with colorful mic preamp sounds from Neve, API, and Universal Audio. An Apollo breakthrough, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic preamps - including their impedance, gain stage ''sweet spots,'' and component-level circuit behaviors.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo's mic preamps and its onboard UAD-2 processing. Simply place a selected tube or solid state preamp plug-in on your desired mic input, and record in real time through stunning emulations like the bundled UA 610-B Tube Preamp plug-in, or the Neve 1073 and API 212L.
Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle
With the included Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, you get a whole host of professional-quality plug-ins, including legendary compressors such as the 1176SE/LN Limiting Amplifiers and Fairchild 670 Legacy, Softube's stunning Amp Room Half-Stack and Bass Amp Room 8x10 guitar and bass amp emulations, the flexible and natural-sounding RealVerb Pro reverb, UA's landmark 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in, and much more besides.
- 18 x 24 simultaneous input/output channels
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz at 24-bit word length
- Two Thunderbolt 2 ports facilitates daisy-chaining of other Thunderbolt devices
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt (Mac)
- Four high-resolution, ultra-transparent, digitally-controlled analog mic preamps
- Unison™ technology for deep integration with UAD preamp and pedal plug-ins
- Switchable low cut filter, 48V phantom power, pad, polarity inversion, and stereo linking
- Digitally-controlled analog monitor outputs maintains highest fidelity
- Two stereo headphone outputs with independent mix buses
- Independent front panel volume controls for headphone outputs
- Front panel pre-fader metering of monitor bus levels
- S/PDIF outputs can be set to mirror the monitor outputs
- Up to two alternate stereo monitor outputs selectable via front panel or Console software
- Assignable front panel monitor function switch for alternate speakers, dim, & mono
- QUAD Core DSP with four SHARC® processors
- Realtime UAD Processing on all analog and digital inputs via Console application
- Console Recall plug-in saves Console configurations inside DAW sessions for easy recall
- Same features and functionality as other UAD-2 devices when used with DAW
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices for increased mixing DSP
- Includes UAD Powered Plug-Ins ''Realtime Analog Classics Plus'' bundle
- Complete UAD plug-ins library is available at the UA online store
- Apple Mac computer with available Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port
- Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion, 10.9.x Mavericks, or 10.10.x Yosemite
- 4 gigabytes available disk space
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
Microphone Inputs: 4
High-Impedence (Hi-Z) Instrument Inputs: 2
Analog Line Inputs: 8
Analog Line Outputs: 8 (ten including monitor outputs)
Analog Monitor Outputs: 2 (one stereo pair)
Headphone Outputs: 2 Stereo
ADAT: Up to eight channels via dual I/O ports with S/MUX
S/PDIF: One stereo input, one stereo output
Thunderbolt 2 ports: 2 (Thunderbolt 1 compatible)
Word Clock: 1 input, 1 output
A/D - D/A Conversion
Supported Sample Rates (kHz): 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192
Bit Depth Per Sample: 24
Simultaneous A/D conversion: 8 channels
Simultaneous D/A conversion: 14 channels
Analog Round-Trip Latency: 1.1 milliseconds @ 96 kHz sample rate
Analog Round-Trip Latency with four serial UAD-2 plug-ins via Console application: 1.1 milliseconds @ 96 kHz sample rate
Power Supplies: External AC to DC Power Supply, Level V compliant
AC Input Connector Type: IEC Male
AC Requirements: 100V - 240V AC, 50 - 60 Hz
DC Connector Type: XLR 4-Pin Locking Male (Neutrik P/N NC4MDM3-H)
DC Requirements: 12 VDC, +/- 5
Maximum Power Consumption: 50 Watts
Height: 1.75'' (1U rack space)
Depth, Chassis Only: 12.125''
Depth, Including Knob & Jack Protrusions: 13.5''
Shipping Box (Width x Depth x Height): 24'' x 17'' x 8''
Shipping Weight (with box & accessories): 18 pounds (8.2 kg)
Weight (bare unit): 9.1 pounds (4.1 kg)
- Apollo 8 QUAD Audio Interface Unit
- External Power Supply
- AC Power Cable (IEC)
- Set of (4) Rack-Mount Screws
- Getting Started URL Card