Universal Audio 4-710d Tone-Blending Mic Preamp
Universal Audio 4-710d Tone-Blending Mic PreampDetails
Product Ref: 74880View Full Description
Buy on finance from £43.47 per month Finance from £43.47 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Unique 'Blended' Preamp Tones
The Universal Audio 4-710D incorporates a unique signal path, combining both tube and solid-state signal paths to produce a unique and varied tone. The 'tone-blending' Twin-Finity mic preamps offer both 100 tube and solid-state signal paths allowing you to seamlessly blend between the two circuits. This unique blending allows you to produce a range of varied textures from warm and creamy like tones to crunchy - in your face tones. The ability to blend between the two circuits allows you find the balance between the two, to find the perfect tone for you.
Legendary Compression Circuit
The 4-710D Mic Preamp features four channels of true bypass 1176-style compression for unparalleled audio quality and compression. The unit itself features specially tuned 'fast' and 'slow' settings that can be tweaked with ease to create subtle nuances or add extra texture to instruments. Because of the mic/line preamps you can easily record both microphones and instruments with ease at studio-grade quality. 48V Phantom Power has also been incorporated for condenser microphones.
Professional A/D Conversion & Expandable Inputs
In addition to its unique blending between tube and solid-state circuitry, the 4-710D Mic Preamp features 24-bit A/D converters with a sample rate of up to 192kHz. The A/D converters also feature a selectable sample rate for added versatility, perfect for recording vocals and instruments to achieve the sound and tone you desire. This also means you can add 9 inputs to any Apollo interface via the ADAT optical connection for added expansion options. The preamp will easily connect to a range of interfaces thanks to its dual ADAT optical or AES/EBU DB-25 connectors.
Inputs And Outputs
The Universal Audio 4-710d Tone-Blending Mic Preamp features both microphone and line inputs allowing you to connect your instrument or microphone directly to the preamp, delivering exceptional audio quality and performance. The four microphone preamps are 710 Twin-Finity Preamps, incorporated from the Twin-Finity Mic Preamp & DI Box. The Twin-Finity Preamps utilises the unique 'blend' circuitry used by the 4-710d to produce a versatile range of tones. In addition to the XLR and Instrument inputs, the preamp features both digital and analog outputs. There are four XLR outputs for connecting the preamp to a range of external devices such as audio interfaces or monitors, as well as a single AES/EBU (DB-25) and two ADAT (optical) digital outputs for connecting to a range of digital devices.
- Four TEC Award-winning 710 Twin-Finity™ microphone/line preamps
- Dual-path 285-volt Class-A tube and transimpedance solid-state preamps
- Phase-aligned tone-blending of tube and solid state circuits, creamy to crunchy
- Newly designed 1176-style compression circuit per preamp channel
- JFET Direct Input with 2.2MΩ ultra Hi-Z impedance w/auto input override
- Large backlit VU meters for flexible metering of input drive, gain level, and gain reduction
- Balanced send/return inserts (half-normalled)
- 48V phantom power
- 75 Hz low cut filter
- Polarity switch
- Monolithic balanced output stage
- Eight channels of high quality 24-bit A/D conversion
- Selectable sample rates up to 192 kHz
- Digital output via dual ADAT optical and AES/EBU DB-25 connectors
- 8-channel soft limiter (switchable for all channels)
- Ultra-low jitter clock subsystem
- LED metering array with clip/hold indicators
- 75Ω BNC work clock I/O
- Digital outputs anti-pop protection on power-up]
- Universal voltage internal power supply
- Heavy-duty metal construction, two-space rack unit
- One year warranty including parts and labor
- Number Of Channels: 4
- Analog Inputs: 4 x XLR (Mic), 4 x 1/4" (Line), 4 x 1/4" (Hi-Z), 4 x 1/4" (Line - CH 5-8)
- Analog Outputs: 4 x XLR
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Circuitry: Hybrid (Solid-State & Tube)
- Rack Spaces: 2U
- Clock I/O: 2 x World Clock
- Phantom Power: 48V Phantom Power
- Microphone Preamps: Twin-Finity
- Product Weight: 5.21 kg
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.