View Full Description
The 2-1176 boasts two channels of the Class A circuitry, custom designed output transformers, and FET-type gain reduction from the original 1176LN compressor all stereo matched for improved stereo imaging. You'll be amazed by the unique sound and stereo capabilities of the 2-1176 and this tool has come to the use of professional artists and engineers. Norah Jones with Jay Newland to Helmet with Charlie Clouser, have used its capabilities to help record their albums.
It features switchable options of "Link" mode for stereo compression, or "Dual" mono mode, and provides twice the features of the original in one unit. Furthermore, the 2-1176 also features the classic "All" buttons mode.
"The 2-1176 gets my highest recommendation. The 'All' setting sounded incredible on drum mic overheads, producing hyperventilating Led Zeppelin-style tracks."
Michael Cooper, Mix Magazine
"It is a serious player in the high-end compressor game... it quickly became a favourite in my studio."
- Two stereo-matched channels of classic 1176LN-Style FET compression
- Switchable "Link" stereo or "Dual" mono operation
- Totally independent Compression and Gain controls in "Dual" mono mode
- Includes classic "All" buttons mode
- Ultra-fast attack time - 20 microseconds to 800microseconds
- 50 milliseconds to 1.1 seconds for release
- Rack space convenience of two 1176s in a 2U rack design
- Input Impedance: Selectable, 15 KOhms or 600 W
- Output Load Impedance: 600 ohms, floating,
- External Connections: XLR connectors
- Frequency Response: ±1 dB 20 Hz to 20kHz
- Gain: 40 dB, ± 1dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.5 total harmonic distortion from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with limiting, at 1.1 seconds release setting. Output of +20 dBm with no greater than 0.5 T.H.D.
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Greater than 85 dB
- Attack Time: 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Release Time: 50 milliseconds to 1.1 seconds
- Threshold vs Output Level:
- Compression Ratio / Input Level at ±2 dB / Relative Output
- 20:1 / -25 dBm / +13 dBm
- 12:1 / -26 dBm / +12 dBm
- 8:1 / -27 dBm / +11 dBm
- 4:1 / -32 dBm / +6 dBm
- Stereo Interconnection: Chan. A Attack and Release links to Chan. B via LINK mode
- Meter: dB gain reduction and dB output
- Power Requirements: 120/240 V
- Dimensions: 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U
- Weight (unboxed): 4.35 Kg
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.