Universal Audio 2-1176 Twin Vintage Limiting Amplifier
Universal Audio 2-1176 Twin Vintage Limiting AmplifierDetails
Product Ref: 10807View Full Description
Buy on finance from £60.05 per month Finance from £60.05 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The 2-1176 boasts two channels of the Class A circuitry, custom designed output transformers, and FET-type gain reduction from the original 1176LN compressor all stereo matched for improved stereo imaging. You'll be amazed by the unique sound and stereo capabilities of the 2-1176 and this tool has come to the use of professional artists and engineers. Norah Jones with Jay Newland to Helmet with Charlie Clouser, have used its capabilities to help record their albums.
It features switchable options of "Link" mode for stereo compression, or "Dual" mono mode, and provides twice the features of the original in one unit. Furthermore, the 2-1176 also features the classic "All" buttons mode.
"The 2-1176 gets my highest recommendation. The 'All' setting sounded incredible on drum mic overheads, producing hyperventilating Led Zeppelin-style tracks."
Michael Cooper, Mix Magazine
"It is a serious player in the high-end compressor game... it quickly became a favourite in my studio."
- Two stereo-matched channels of classic 1176LN-Style FET compression
- Switchable "Link" stereo or "Dual" mono operation
- Totally independent Compression and Gain controls in "Dual" mono mode
- Includes classic "All" buttons mode
- Ultra-fast attack time - 20 microseconds to 800microseconds
- 50 milliseconds to 1.1 seconds for release
- Rack space convenience of two 1176s in a 2U rack design
- Input Impedance: Selectable, 15 KOhms or 600 W
- Output Load Impedance: 600 ohms, floating,
- External Connections: XLR connectors
- Frequency Response: ±1 dB 20 Hz to 20kHz
- Gain: 40 dB, ± 1dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.5 total harmonic distortion from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with limiting, at 1.1 seconds release setting. Output of +20 dBm with no greater than 0.5 T.H.D.
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Greater than 85 dB
- Attack Time: 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Release Time: 50 milliseconds to 1.1 seconds
- Threshold vs Output Level:
- Compression Ratio / Input Level at ±2 dB / Relative Output
- 20:1 / -25 dBm / +13 dBm
- 12:1 / -26 dBm / +12 dBm
- 8:1 / -27 dBm / +11 dBm
- 4:1 / -32 dBm / +6 dBm
- Stereo Interconnection: Chan. A Attack and Release links to Chan. B via LINK mode
- Meter: dB gain reduction and dB output
- Power Requirements: 120/240 V
- Dimensions: 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U
- Weight (unboxed): 4.35 Kg
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.