Tascam DR701D 6-Track Recorder for DSLR Cameras with HDMI
Tascam DR701D 6-Track Recorder for DSLR Cameras with HDMIDetails
Product Ref: 66524View Full Description
Buy on finance from £12.39 per month Finance from £12.39 per month
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Designed For DSLR Cameras
The DR701D has been designed specifically with DSLR cameras in mind, giving you the ability to simultaneously record video and audio at the touch of a button. Camera equipment (especially the heavier models) can strain your muscles after extended periods of use. The lightweight chassis makes it ideal for use in any environment, minimising any strain normally associated with heavier camera equipment. The timecode generator incorporated into this unit eliminates the need to search through hundreds of takes, something professional video production normally has to go through; letting you easily recall takes from timestamps. The timecode generator can also be jam synced from a camera, smart slate or SMPTE generator. The HDMI in and out gives your DSLR the ability to record on both devices simultaneously at the touch of a button. Also included is a video clock which helps prevent any latency issues between sound and picture, ensuring perfect audio capture and reproduction every time. Tripod mounts are also featured on the top and the bottom of the unit, allowing you to easily mount it under the camera or use it as a stand-alone.
As well as its lightweight and portable design, the DR701D delivers a multitude of versatile functions, providing an easy-to-use user experience. The four mic inputs can be individually recorded and mixed into a stereo track, allowing for a total of six-tracks when recording. You can also link up multiple units, allowing you to record additional tracks. There is also a built-in mixer for processing your tracks, resulting in a pristine stereo mix. The mixer includes such controls as: pan, level adjustments, delay and mid-side decoding. This gives you optimal control over your recorded audio, minimising the need for excessive post-processing.
Premium Quality HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) Mic Preamps
The DR-701D features Tascam HDDA mic preamps, delivering exceptional quality audio in even the more challenging environments. The preamps themselves use discrete architecture, built with specially selected components, providing high integrity signals resulting in the best quality audio possible. The HDDA are comprised of Texas Instruments OPA1652 Op Amps, which were selected for their high quality and low noise, improving performance from earlier models. The Op Amps provide an equivalent input noise of -124 dBu or more. The A/D converters have been included to convert analog signals to the digital format, resulting in a resolution up to 96kHz/24-bit when recording up to 6 tracks, or 192kHz/24-bit when recording 2 tracks.
Built-in Multiband Limiter and 5-Stage Low-Cut Filter
The limiter featured in the DR-701D helps to adjust and control excessive inputs levels, operating individually on each of the four inputs. The multiband limiter affects the frequencies that achieve excessive levels from the input, ensuring the natural and rich harmonics are still retained. A low-cut filter has also been included for eliminating wind noise, rumble and other undesirable frequencies without affecting the source audio.
- SD/SDHC/SDXC cards used for recording media.
- 6 maximum simultaneous recording tracks
- MONO, STEREO, 2MIX, DUAL MONO, DUAL ST and DUAL2MIX recording modes
- Recording formats: 16/24-bit, 44.1/48/96/192kHz (WAV/BWF) (192kHz only for two-track recording)
- Built-in original TASCAM HDDA mic preamps provide high audio quality
- Input levels can be adjusted separately for each track
- XLR/TRS inputs support +4dBu line level and 24/48V phantom power
- Clock and record start/stop can be synchronized with a camera using the HDMI port
- DR-701D audio signal can be output to an external camera or recorder from the HDMI OUT or line output
- Cascade function using HDMI connections allows multiple DR-701D transport and monitoring operations
- SMPTE Timecode can be input through the TC IN connector to add recording start times to files
- Timecode generator (RTC) allows recording start times to be added to files even when there is no timecode input
- Plug-in power mics and high output mics (EXT IN 1/2) supported
- (CAMERA OUT) connector can output audio mixed by the DR-701D to a DSLR camera
- (CAMERA IN) connector enables monitoring the sound from a DSLR camera through the DR-701D
- High quality audio output through a line output jack separate from the headphones jack
- Headphones jack with 50mW+50mW maximum output
- Tripod attachment threads (bottom), camera screw attachment that can be installed or removed with a coin (top) and shoe mount (top) included
- Handles on the left and right sides of the front protect the control surface and also enable attachment of a shoulder strap
- Transport and SLATE buttons made of rubber suppress noise during operation
- HOLD switch prevents misoperation
- 128×64-dot graphic LCD with backlight
- LED lights have high visibility even in direct sunlight
- High-speed transfer of files to computers possible using USB 2.0
- Micro-B type USB cable included
- Powered by 4 AA batteries, USB bus power or a PS-P515U AC adapter (sold separately)
- BP-6AA external battery pack (sold separately) enables operation for even longer times
- Optional RC-3F foot switch and RC-10 wireless remote control can be connected (both sold separately)
- Built-in mixer enables pan and level adjustments as well as solo monitoring and can output a mix of 4 channels
- GANG function allows the levels of multiple channels to be controlled simultaneously
- Individual channel trim settings shown
- 5-position low-cut filter (50/80/120/180/220 Hz) cuts unwanted low frequencies
- Multiband limiter automatically adjusts input overloads (stereo-linking possible with 1/L and 2/R)
- Delay function can compensate for distances between mics (+/-150 ms)
- Mid-side decoder function enables use with mid-side stereo mics
- Slate tone insertion functions (AUTO/MANUAL)
- Slate tone insertion points can be selected (recording start or recording start and stop when slate AUTO function used)
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.