Tascam DA-6400 64-Track Audio Recorder
Tascam DA-6400 64-Track Audio RecorderDetails
Product Ref: 72894View Full Description
Buy on finance from £78.24 per month Finance from £78.24 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
A 64-Channel Digital Multi-Track Recorder
The DA-6400 offers a high quality multi-track recorder in a small and compact design, giving you the freedom to add it to your existing setup without taking up much space. The recorder features an embedded operating system to provide a quick setup and simple operation, perfect for when used as a stand-alone recorder. The DA-6400 offers stable recording when using high sample rates that have large data transmissions, and saves files approximately every 20 minutes when recording to keep file loss to a minimum.
Being able to support the recording and playback for 64 channels at 48kHz, with the ability to do 32 channels at 96kHz allows for compatibility with existing recording systems, PA systems, and other recorders that use high sampling rates. The recorder also features a temperature compensated crystal oscillator with a high precision of -/+ ppm in order to keep the digital signal control stable. The DA-6400 also possesses a solid state hard drive for storing and transferring data across form one platform to another.
A Perfect Backup Recorder
The compact design of DA-6400 enables it to be easily added to any audio setup, and with a weight of 3.5kg means that it can be transported with ease. Its lightweight design offers the ability to put all your music on the recorder and to take it on the road with you. No matter what setting you’re in, or where you go, you’ll be able to transport the recorder with ease, and when you need it, you can easily set it up, such as when you need a “virtual soundcheck”. The recorder also supports BWF files with a .WAV extension, and stores time information on files so they can be found easily.
With the ability to become a solid state, compact playing device, the DA-6400 recorder can easily be setup and used in theatres, theme parks, or similar venues. Featuring ordinary playback operations, the recorder can also use external serial/parallel controls that send play triggers. By using LTC, the recorder can be turned into a timecode synchronisation master, being able to support timecode frame rates of 24, 25, 29.97DF, 29.97NDF, 30DF, and 30NDF.
Remote Control and LAN Functions
The multi-tracker recorder offers the ability to use external remote controls and supports a RS-422 serial communication interface (2P protocol). Also supported is 1000BASE gigabit LAN with a work protocol FTP, this allows the recorder to access any system, from windows and mac, to UNIX. By using the FTP client function, the recorder can transfer files between SSDs and servers for seamless file sharing. Also supporting SNTP, the DA-6400 can automatically update its internal clock at regular intervals to ensure that it maintains the accuracy of its time information.
- Supports Recording/Playback in PCM Format of 64 Channels at 48 kHz/24-Bit or 32 Channels at 96 kHz/24-Bit
- Capable of Backup Recording with Operation Synchronized to ProTools Systems
- 2.5-inch Tascam SSDs used as Recording Media Featuring Excellent Vibration and Environmental Resistance as Well as Maintenance-Free Operation
- With BWF Support, Time Information can be Stored in Files
- Stand-Alone use Possible with Simple Operations for Startup, Recording and Playback
- Usable as a Timecode Synchronization Master Device
- Parallel Remote Control Supported
- RS-422 Serial Remote Control Supported (9-Pin Serial Protocol Compliant)
- LAN (1000Base-T Ethernet) Built-In, Allowing File Transfer, Remote Control and Monitoring over a Network
- SNTP Server Functions Supported for Automatic Adjustment of the Internal Clock over a Network
- Video Reference (NTSC/PAL Blackburst Signals and HDTV Tri-Level Signals) and Word Clock Input and Output/Thru
- Remote Control Applications for iPad and Computer
- Firmware Upload Possible using USB Port
- Colour LCD with High Legibility (320×120 Pixels)
- IEC 3-Pin Inlet
- AC Power Redundancy Built-In (DA-6400dp Only)
- EIA 1U Rackmount Size
- Recording Media: SSD/HDD
- File System: FAT32
- File Format: BWF Format (WAV Extension)
- Number of Channels:
- 64 Channels Maximum (44.1/48kHz Sampling Frequency)
- 32 Channels Maximum (88.2/96kHz Sampling Frequency)
- Quantization Bit Depth: 16/24-bit
- Sampling Frequencies: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz or 96 kHz
- Clock References: INTERNAL, WORD IN, VIDEO IN, SLOT1 IN, SLOT2 IN
- Timecode Frames: 23.976F, 24F, 25F, 29.97DF, 29.97NDF, 30DF, 30NDF
- Operating Temperature Range: 0–40 °C
- Headphones Output (PHONES): 6.3-mm standard stereo jack
- Maximum Output Level:
- 45 mW + 45 mW or Higher
- (THD+N 0.1 % or Less, 32 Ω Load)
Other Inputs and Outputs
- USB port: USB 2.0 A type
- Protocol: USB 2.0 Hi Speed (480 Mbps)
- Timecode Input (TIME CODE IN): BNC
- Signal Voltage Amplitude: 0.5–5 Vpp
- Input Impedance: 10 kΩ
- Format: SMPTE 12M-1999 Compliant
- Timecode Output (TIME CODE OUT): BNC
- Signal Voltage Amplitude: 2 Vpp
- Output Impedance: 600 Ω
- Format: SMPTE 12M-1999 compliant
- Word/video Clock Input (WORD/VIDEO IN): BNC
- Signal Voltage Amplitude:
- 0.5–5 Vpp (WORD IN)
- 1 Vpp (VIDEO IN)
- Input Impedance: 75 Ω ±10% (Termination Resistance On)
- Input Frequency (WORD): 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz
- Input Signal (VIDEO): 24/25/29.97/30-Frame (NTSC/PAL Black Burst, HDTV Tri-Level)
- Word/Video Output/Through (WORD/VIDEO THRU/OUT): BNC (Throughput for Video Signal Only)
- Signal Voltage Amplitude: 5V TTL Equivalent
- Output Frequency (WORD): 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz
- Network Connector (ETHERNET): RJ45
- Compatible Standards: 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T
- RS-422 Connector: 9-Pin D-Sub (Female, Inch-Standard)
- PARALLEL Connector: 15-Pin D-Sub (Female, Inch-Standard)
- Power Requirements: AC 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 21 W (with IF-MA64/EX Installed)
- Width: 483mm
- Height: 45mm
- Depth: 305mm
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.