Studio Electronics ToneStar 8106
Studio Electronics ToneStar 8106Details
Product Ref: 95153View Full Description
Buy on finance from £13.76 per month Finance from £13.76 per month
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
The Studio Electronics ToneStar 8106 is a versatile synth module, inspired by the renowned ARP 2600 synthesizer. Its inspiration is clear in its design, with a fat-sound oscillator and wide range of parameters and controls, including an integrated filter and envelopes. The original ARP 2600 synth was a staple in the synth world, used on many funk and RnB recordings, and renowned for its ability create diverse and organic sounds.
In-Depth Sound Design
The wide range of controls and parameters means you can achieve nearly any sound you desire. The distinct tonal character the Tonestar 8106 synth module provides is thanks to its envelope section and versatile oscillator. The VCO section of the modules boasts triangle, saw and square wave shapes, accompanied with precision potentiometers for dialling in the required levels. The VCF section includes dual filter in the form of a high pass and low pass filter, as well as a drive control. The 6dB/octave high pass filter and 24dB/octave low pass filters are perfect for moulding and shaping your tones. The low-pass filter also boasts voltage-controlled resonance for added versatility. Tap points are available for varying octave filtering. The Drive control is ideal for adding harmonic saturation, further providing ways to change your sound.
Versatile Modular Connectivity
In total, the module boasts 21 patch points for flexible modulation. The patch points can be patched with any other patch points, allowing you to experiment with your connectivity. The voltage-controllable LFO and Envelope generators further provide ways to sculpt and shape your tones. The modulation connection range from outputs for the waves as well as Mod In, Gate In, ADSR Out, VCA IN, VCA CV and more. The configurations are endless for truly free synthesis experimentation.
Design & Layout
The vintage-style design employs a retro colour-scheme with each section boasting their own coloured potentiometers. Each section is uniformed and each parameter is clearly annotated for quick and easy access. As well as the potentiometers the module features a range of switches and smaller pots for controlling a wide range of features. The module requires 32HP of rack space, making it the perfect module to be the keystone in your modular setup. Additionally, the module comes complete with a powering ribbon attached for added convenience.
- Vintage-style analog synthesizer Eurorack module
- Inspired by the classic ARP 2600 synthesizer
- VCO section boasts triangle, saw and square wave shapes
- VCF section comprised of a 6dB high pass filter and 24db low pass filter
- integrated drive control in the filter section adds harmonic saturation
- Voltage-controllable LFO and Envelope generators
- PCB Mounting Scheme: Through-hole
- Filter: A 6db/oct hi-pass filter followed by a recreation of the Roland® IR3109 module, which is a 4 pole, 24 db/oct voltage controlled lowpass filter with voltage controlled resonance. 3 dual OTAs with similar topology to the BA662 used in the Jupiter 8 (and the IR3109 module) were employed, 1 amp for the hi-pass filter, 4 (with added buffers) for the low-pass, and 1 for the resonance. This filter takes a wide range of input signals, and tracks control voltage extremely well. Tap points are available for 6db, 12db, and 18db/oct. Although the topology is similar to the 4072, the tonality, especially when over driven, is distinct
- Size: 32hp.
- Depth: 35mm including connectors
- Power Usage: 130mA, 80mA (+12 / -12)
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.