Studio Electronics ToneStar 2600
Studio Electronics ToneStar 2600Details
Product Ref: 95152View Full Description
Buy on finance from £13.76 per month Finance from £13.76 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Inspired By The ARP 2600
The Studio Electronics ToneStar 2600 is a powerful analog mono synthesizer voice module, with its design inspired by the classic ARP 2600. The ARP 2600 was one of the most renowned synthesizer units ever created, used in a wide range of recordings, known for its authentic mimicking of acoustic instruments. The realism and optimal control the ARP 2600 provided, cemented its placed in synthesizer history. The ToneStar 2600 combines the best qualities of ARP, Moog and Oberheim synthesizers to create this modular powerhouse.
Powerful Sound Design Capabilities
At the heart of this Eurorack synth module is an oscillator that spans eight octaves, accompanied by a Sub control, allowing you to dial in an octave below the main setting for added depth. The sub control is ideal for creating basslines and other bass-orientated sounds. One of the most unique features is the integrated White Noise generator, complete with external input patching for optimal flexibility. The LFO boasts an ultra-wide-range, fitted with rate and depth controls for versatile modulation capabilities. With 26 potentiometers and knobs in total, the ToneStar 2600 gives you comprehensive control at every step, providing virtually endless ways to create sounds. This allows you to achieve everything from punchy basslines to cutting-edge leads, industrial effects and more.
The built-in 4-pole (24dB/octave) filter, bases its designed on the ARP 4072, whilst eliminating the 12kHz cutoff flaw. This filter provides further modulation control over your sounds, allowing you to shape and mould the way your tones sound. The module features 21 patch jacks in total, giving you the ability to patch anything connection to another. Its normalled signals patch boasts controls that are arranged in the order of signal flow, designed to improve your workflow. The voltage-controlled ADSR envelope and additional AR envelope provides added expressive capabilities, allowing you to change the shape of your tones, providing extensive modulation options. The synths design exhibits the same 2600-style sustain sink behaviour, keeping in tune with the original design.
Design & Layout
The ergonomic layout provides quick and easy access to all parameters, with a wide range of patch points located along the bottom of the faceplate. The design is split into three main sections: VCO, VCF and ADSR envelopes. The sections are clearly labelled with controls for everything you may need to achieve the sound you desire. The large, precision potentiometers provide optimal control over each of its parameters, with each control clearly labelled for quick and easy access. The 21 patch points include everything from waveform connections to modulation inputs, gate inputs, ADSR out, VCA CV and more. The sleek and stylish design requires 36HP of space, ideal as the main keystone with your modular setup.
- Analog mono synthesizer Eurorack module
- Inspired by the classic ARP 2600 module
- Normalled signal patch, with controls arranged in order of signal flow
- Versatile modular connectivity with 21 patch jacks in total
- Oscillator spans 8 octaves with an added Sub control
- Voltage-controlled ADSR envelope for modulation flexibility
- 4-pole (24dB/octave) filter designed after ARP 4072 (but without 12kHz cutoff flaw)
- Voltage-controlled LFO with rate and depth controls
- Envelopes delivers same 2600-style sustain sink behaviour
- Integrated white noise generator and external input patching
- FREQUENCY: Oscillator frequency attenuator.
- PULSE WIDTH: Variable pulse wave width control.
- OCT: +1/-1 octave switch.
- LFO ( ): Triangle wave low frequency oscillation to pulse width control.
- FREQ/PW: Oscillator frequency, or Pulse (square wave) width to ADSR modulation routing switch. Center off.
- GLIDE: Slew generator control.
- MOD (ADSR): Oscillation modulation via ADSR control.
- TRIANGLE/NO VCF: Triangle to VCA switch—bypasses VCF.
- SAWTOOTH: Sawtooth wave attenuator.
- SQUARE: Square wave attenuator.
- SUB: Square wave Sub Oscillator attenuator.
- TRIANGLE: Waveform output.
- SAWTOOTH: Waveform output.
- SQUARE: Waveform output.
- MIX: Composite waveform output.
- 1V/O: One volt per octave control voltage input.
- TUNE: Master fine tune (approx. -5/+ 5 semitones).
- MOD IN: Modulation CV input. Normalled to ADSR; ADSR is replaced when alt. source connected.
- NOISE: White noise generator output.
- LEVEL: Noise attenuator.
- FREQUENCY: Frequency, or cut-off attenuator
- RESONANCE: Resonance, or Q attenuator.
- TRACK: Keyboard/voltage tracking attenuator.
- DRIVE: Oscillator output to filter input attenuator.
- FREQ/RESO: Filter Frequency, or Resonance to LFO modulation routing switch. Centre off position.
- ADSR: Filter to ADSR envelope attenuator.
- MOD (LFO): Filter to LFO attenuator.
- EXT IN: External audio input.
- FIL OUT: Filter audio output.
- MOD IN: Frequency or Resonance modulation CV input.
- TRIANGLE/SQUARE: Waveform select switch (triangle core).
- DPTH (OSC): LFO to Oscillator control.
- SPEED: Speed or rate attenuator.
- DEPTH: Control voltage Input.
- TRIANGLE: Triangle wave output.
- SQUARE: Square wave output.
- SPEED: Speed or rate CV input.
- PCB Mounting Scheme: Through-hole
- Filter: Discrete, voltage controlled, 24/db/oct cascaded transconductance low-pass filter, employing six pairs of hand-matched transistors
- Size: 32hp
- Depth: 35mm including connectors
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.