Studio Electronics Sci-Fi Ring Mod
Studio Electronics Sci-Fi Ring ModDetails
Product Ref: 94450View Full Description
Buy on finance from £7.10 per month Finance from £7.10 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Versatile Ring Modulation
The Sci-Fi Ring Modulation Eurorack Module is ideal for a range of applications from ring modulation to noise generation. Inspired by vintage-circuitry from the original (created by Richard Nicol and Pittsburgh Modular) the Sci-Fi Module provides a versatile modulation engine with classic ring modulation. Using the classic principle of multiplying two signals, the module provides warm and sometimes metallic harmonics that will complement a range of tones and sounds. Each parameter features its own attenuator, with eight patch points included for optimal flexibility. Ideal for signal processing applications, the module can turn your sounds into monsters, with a range of in-depth controls that you can utilise to get the most out of your harmonics. The dual-axis ring modulator provides clanging and dissonant modulation, ideal for a range of tones.
Noise Generator & Sample-and-Hold
In addition to its principle application as a ring modulation module, the Studio Electronics Sci-Fi also provides both White and Pink noise generators for added versatility. The integrated noise generators can be used for a number of applications, with both the digital and analog variations providing everything you need for in-depth modulation. Also included is a sample-and-hold parameter which can be sculpted and adjusted using the Range and Scope controls. The sample-and-hold circuit features a dedicated LFO, ideal for generating glitch and rhythmical sounds alongside the noise generators.
Connectivity & Design
The highly compact module only requires 10HP of space on a modular rack, ideal for the space conscious user. The faceplate is uniformed with the rest of the Boomstar modular range from Studio Electronics. The unit features eight modulation points in total, with dedicated connections for the White and Pink noise generators. The precision rotary controls allow you to do everything from dial in selected levels, to making subtle changes on the fly. The ergonomic layout has each parameter clearly annotated for quick and easy access, and the module comes complete with a ribbon cable already attached for added convenience.,/p>
- Versatile ring modulation Eurorack module
- Dual-axis ring modulator generate everything from classic tones to dissonant modulation
- Integrated White and Pink noise generators
- Sample-and-hold circuit for creating rhythmical sound
- Eight patch points in total for quick and easy access to all parameters
- Range and Scope controls for adjusting the sample-and-hold circuit’s character
- Highly compact Eurorack design
SpecificationsControls & Patch Points
- RING MOD: Adjusts the ring mod depth
- LFO FREQ: Adjusts the rate of the sample & hold.
- WHITE: Adjusts the white noise level
- PINK: Adjusts the pink noise level
- RANGE: Adjusts the sample & hold depth or intensity
- LAG: Adjusts the sample and hold lag or slew limiting (glide): in the circuit after the sample & hold and before the range attenuator
- RM X IN: Ring Mod X waveform input
- RM Y IN: Ring Mod Y waveform input
- GATE: External gate input for sample & hold
- SOURCE: External audio/CV input for sample & hold
- RM OUT: Ring Mod output
- WHITE: White noise output
- PINK: Pink noise output—the pink noise is normalled to the source input of the sample & hold
- S & H OUT: Sample & hold output
- Size: 10hp
- Depth: 39.7mm with ribbon cable attached
- Power Usage: 48mA, 41mA (+12 / -12)
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.