RME Fireface UFX USB/Firewire Audio Interface
RME Fireface UFX USB/Firewire Audio InterfaceDetails
With 60 channels of audio, digitally high-end preamps, reference class converters and full 192 kHz operation, the Fireface UFX audio interface provides spectacular features with professional functionality.
Product Ref: 40980View Full Description
Buy on finance from £42.60 per month Finance from £42.60 per month
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Special Offer – Get a NEW Fireface UFX Interface
In celebration of their 20th anniversary, RME are giving customers the chance to switch to the Fireface UFX interface by trading in your old audio interface and getting a massive 20% discount on the Fireface UFX. The multi-award winning RME Fireface UFX features everything you need to step your audio processing up a level. For more information on the this special offer please contact e-mail or ring Gear4music.
There's ultra-low latency operation with USB and FireWire, combined with the legendary RME driver stability and maintenance. RME's unique DIGICheck metering and analysis toolbox can also be found. Fireface features nearly identical operation whether you're a Mac or PC user.
The DURec (Direct USB Recording) uses an integrated digital recorder for all inputs and outputs directly to USB memory devices, USB thumb drives or hard drives with up to 2 TB capacity, via the front USB port.
TotalMix FX, the digital hig-end mixer and signal router is included, driven by two powerful DSP with integrated EQ, dynamics and reverb/echo effects up to 192 kHz plus a built-in monitoring control.
Extraordinary playability comes in the form of a bright, multi-functional colour display with full front panel metering for all 60 channels, plus effect bus and complete control of all key features.
The Fireface is RME's flagship, a highly integrated pro audio solution, a full-blown studio packed into a 19" enclosure designed for users who don't want to make compromises in sound, stability and ultra-low latency operation.
The Fireface provides 12 inputs and 12 outputs. When it comes to sound quality, the RME plays in its own league and the UFX is no exception. Combining excellent analog circuitry design with high-grade AD/DA converter chips, all balanced TRS and XLR inputs and outputs guarantee outstanding low noise and distortion values.
Four high-transparency preamps are backed up by four stereo converters with RME's new parallel converter technology. Each channel can individually be switched to 48V phantom power or instrument level. LEDs for signal, clip, TRS operation and activated phantom power give a complete overview on the unit's status.
Features / Specifications
For further information about the RME Fireface RFX, please download the PDF document from the link below.
- Low latency mastering grade converters with outstanding specifications
- Two mic preamps with premium technology, including AutoSet overload protection
- A newly developed Hammerfall audio core
- Monitoring controller, combining impressive flexibility of the TotalMix FX monitoring tool set and the optional RME Remote Control
- DIGICheck metering and analysis toolbox for Windows PC and Mac
- Support for RME's Advanced Remote Control
- The first professional audio interface with Class Compliant mode to work with Apple's iPad
- 30 Input / 30 Output channels
- 12 x Analog I/O
- 4 x Mic/Instrument Preamp, digitally controlled
- 1 x AES/EBU I/O
- 2 x ADAT I/O (or 1 x ADAT I/O plus 1 x SPDIF I/O optical)
- 1 x Word Clock I/O
- 2 x MIDI I/O
- 1 x FireWire 400
- 1 x USB 2.0
- TotalMix FX
- Optional: Advanced Remote Control
AD, Line In 1-8, rear
- Signal to Noise ratio (SNR): 110 dB RMS unweighted, 113 dBA
- Frequency response @ 44.1 kHz, -0.5 dB: 5 Hz - 21.5 kHz
- Frequency response @ 96 kHz, -0.5 dB: 5 Hz - 45.5 kHz
- Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: -1 dB: 5 Hz - 66.5 kHz
- Channel separation: > 110 dB
- Input: 6.3 mm TRS jack, electronically balanced
- Input sensitivity: switchable to Lo Gain, +4 dBu, -10 dBV
- Input level for 0 dBFS @ Lo Gain: +19 dBu
- Input level for 0 dBFS @ +4 dBu: +13 dBu
- Input level for 0 dBFS @ -10 dBV: +2 dBV
Microphone In 9-2, front
- Input: XLR, electronically balanced
- Signal to Noise ratio (SNR): 112 dB RMS unweighted, 115 dBA
- Gain range: 65 dB
- Maximum input level, Gain 0 dB: +12 dBu
Instrument In 9-12, front
- As AD, but:
- Input: 6.3mm TS jack, unbalanced
- Signal to Noise ratio (SNR): 112dB RMS unweighted, 115 dBA
- Gain range: 55 dB
DA, Line Out 3-8, rear
- Dynamic range (DR): 115 dB RMS unweighted, 118 dBA
- Frequency response @ 44.1 kHz, -0.5 dB: 5 Hz - 22 kHz
- Frequency response @ 96 kHz, -0.5 dB: 5 Hz - 45 kHz
- Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: 5 Hz - 80 kHz
- THD: -104 dB,
- THD+N: -100 dB,
- Channel separation: > 110 dB
- Output: 6.3 mm TRS jack, servo-balanced
- Output impedance: 75 Ohm
- Output level switchable: Hi Gain, +4 dBu, -10 dBV
- Output level at 0 dBFS @ Hi Gain: +19 dBu
- Output level at 0 dBFS @ +4 dBu: +13 dBu
- Output level at 0 dBFS @ -10 dBV: +2 dBV
DA Stereo Monitor Output XLR (1-2)
- As DA, but:
- Output: XLR, balanced
- Output level switchable: 24 dBu, Hi Gain, +4 dBu, -10 dBv
- Output level at 0 dBFS @ 24 dBu: +24 dBu
DA - Stereo Monitor Output Phones (9-12)
- 4 x TOSLINK, format according to Alesis specification
- Standard: 2 x 8 channels 24 bit 96 kHz
- Double Speed (S/MUX): 2 x 4 channels 24 bit 96 kHz
- Quad Speed (S/MUX): 2 x 2 channels 24 bit 192 kHz
- BNC, switch for internal termination 75 Ohm
Compatible with MAC OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.