RME Fireface UFX USB/Firewire Audio Interface
RME Fireface UFX USB/Firewire Audio InterfaceDetails
Product Ref: 40980View Full Description
Buy on finance from £44.21 per month Finance from £44.21 per month
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Full DescriptionView Full Description
60 Channel USB/Firewire Audio Interface
The RME Fireface UFX USB/Firewire Audio Interface is a powerful 60-channel audio interface, delivering exceptional audio fidelity thanks to its high sample rate. The high-grade AD/DA converter chips operate up to 192kHz and reach 118dBa dynamic range on playback, capturing every nuance of your recordings. The RME Fireface UFX Audio Interface delivers high volume no matter the impedance, with balanced analog inputs for added flexibility. The combination of a premium-grade analog circuit design and hi-grade AD/DA converter chips results in clear highs and boomy lows, while retaining the natural harmonic qualities of your source audio. Boasting up to 12 analog and 18 digital channels, the Fireface UFX can use these to record onto 30 separate tracks.
4 World-Class Microphone/Instrument Preamps
The four highly-transparent preamps are driven by four stereo converters, utilising RME’s parallel convert technology. Using the core technology from RME’s Micstasy, the Fireface UFX meet the sonic demands for professional recording of everything from DJ mixes to classical performances. The symmetrical preamp design delivers extremely low distortion with an excellent signal to noise ratio. The result is a perfect linear frequency response, capturing every nuance from your source audio for incredible accuracy and clarity. The four inputs on the front use balanced XLR/TRS combo connection, which can also operate as Hi-Z inputs. These inputs allow you to record everything from studio-grade condenser microphones to electric guitars and more. Each channel features indivudally switched 48V Phantom Power. Each of the four preamps features two AD converters on eah channel for parallel AD conversion, for improved audio performance.
DuRec (Direct USB Recording)
One of the most unique features of the Fireface UFX is the DuRec (Direct USB Recording) function. The integrated digital audio recorder gives you the ability to directly record to a USB memory device, such as a USB memory stick or hard drives (Up to 2 TB capacity) making it perfect for recording a range of applications from DJ mixes to vocal and demo takes. The front panel of the unit features the USB port needed to connect your memory drive, independent from a PC or Mac.
World Clock, Digital I/O & MIDI Connectivity
The Fireface UFX also features a diverse range of connectivity, ranging from standard analog connections to cutting-edge digital technology. A professional AES/EBU input and output is included, working up to 192kHz. Two 8-channel ADAT I/Os are also included to expand the UFX by 16 channels simultaneously with the analog channels. These connections can be used to connect two 8-channel AD/DA converts, mixing consoles, effects and more; with all of the connection support sample rates up to 192kHz. The second ADAT I/O can also be used as optical PSDIF I/O for added flexibility. Additionally, the interface includes a word clock input and output (BNC) with switchable terminates, as well as two MIDI I/Os, turning the Fireface UFX into a professional, flexible universal audio system.
Design & Compatibility
The lightweight yet robust design of the Fireface UFX, makes it ideal for both studio and live applications alike. The front-panel display includes a bright LED display screen which boasts a 80 level meter for precise monitoring of your levels. The TotalMixFX applications also gives you full control over your mixer, giving you in-depth customisation options and new channel options. The intuitive interface makes taking total control of your interface, easier than ever before. The robust, all-metal chassis of the Fireface UFX, takes up to 1U of space, for easy rack-mounting options.
- Low latency mastering grade converters with outstanding specifications
- Two mic preamps with premium technology, including AutoSet overload protection
- A newly developed Hammerfall audio core
- Monitoring controller, combining impressive flexibility of the TotalMix FX monitoring tool set and the optional RME Remote Control
- DIGICheck metering and analysis toolbox for Windows PC and Mac
- Support for RME's Advanced Remote Control
- The first professional audio interface with Class Compliant mode to work with Apple's iPad
- 30 Input / 30 Output channels
- 12 x Analog I/O
- 4 x Mic/Instrument Preamp, digitally controlled
- 1 x AES/EBU I/O
- 2 x ADAT I/O (or 1 x ADAT I/O plus 1 x SPDIF I/O optical)
- 1 x Word Clock I/O
- 2 x MIDI I/O
- 1 x FireWire 400
- 1 x USB 2.0
- TotalMix FX
- Optional: Advanced Remote Control
AD, Line In 1-8, rear
- Signal to Noise ratio (SNR): 110 dB RMS unweighted, 113 dBA
- Frequency response @ 44.1 kHz, -0.5 dB: 5 Hz - 21.5 kHz
- Frequency response @ 96 kHz, -0.5 dB: 5 Hz - 45.5 kHz
- Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: -1 dB: 5 Hz - 66.5 kHz
- Channel separation: > 110 dB
- Input: 6.3 mm TRS jack, electronically balanced
- Input sensitivity: switchable to Lo Gain, +4 dBu, -10 dBV
- Input level for 0 dBFS @ Lo Gain: +19 dBu
- Input level for 0 dBFS @ +4 dBu: +13 dBu
- Input level for 0 dBFS @ -10 dBV: +2 dBV
Microphone In 9-2, front
- Input: XLR, electronically balanced
- Signal to Noise ratio (SNR): 112 dB RMS unweighted, 115 dBA
- Gain range: 65 dB
- Maximum input level, Gain 0 dB: +12 dBu
Instrument In 9-12, front
- As AD, but:
- Input: 6.3mm TS jack, unbalanced
- Signal to Noise ratio (SNR): 112dB RMS unweighted, 115 dBA
- Gain range: 55 dB
DA, Line Out 3-8, rear
- Dynamic range (DR): 115 dB RMS unweighted, 118 dBA
- Frequency response @ 44.1 kHz, -0.5 dB: 5 Hz - 22 kHz
- Frequency response @ 96 kHz, -0.5 dB: 5 Hz - 45 kHz
- Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: 5 Hz - 80 kHz
- THD: -104 dB,
- THD+N: -100 dB,
- Channel separation: > 110 dB
- Output: 6.3 mm TRS jack, servo-balanced
- Output impedance: 75 Ohm
- Output level switchable: Hi Gain, +4 dBu, -10 dBV
- Output level at 0 dBFS @ Hi Gain: +19 dBu
- Output level at 0 dBFS @ +4 dBu: +13 dBu
- Output level at 0 dBFS @ -10 dBV: +2 dBV
DA Stereo Monitor Output XLR (1-2)
- As DA, but:
- Output: XLR, balanced
- Output level switchable: 24 dBu, Hi Gain, +4 dBu, -10 dBv
- Output level at 0 dBFS @ 24 dBu: +24 dBu
DA - Stereo Monitor Output Phones (9-12)
- 4 x TOSLINK, format according to Alesis specification
- Standard: 2 x 8 channels 24 bit 96 kHz
- Double Speed (S/MUX): 2 x 4 channels 24 bit 96 kHz
- Quad Speed (S/MUX): 2 x 2 channels 24 bit 192 kHz
- BNC, switch for internal termination 75 Ohm
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.