Neumann KH120AW Active Studio Monitor, White
Neumann KH120AW Active Studio Monitor, WhiteDetails
The Neumann KH120AW Active Studio Monitor is perfect for near-field monitoring applications or for use as a rear loudspeaker within large multi-channel systems. The Neumann KH120AW combines the latest acoustic and electronic technologies to ensure incredibly accurate sound reproduction with a wide horizontal dispersion and narrow vertical dispersion. Featuring a bi-amplified design with a 5.25'' woofer and a 1'' tweeter, along with a 4-point 3-band EQ, the Neumann KH120AW Studio Monitor is suitable for tracking, mixing and mastering within both music and post-production studios.
Product Ref: 78606View Full Description
Buy on finance from £14.85 per month Finance from £14.85 per month
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Sleek and Powerful
The KH120's powerful titanium fabric dome produces low distortion, high frequency sound reproduction. The Elliptical Mathematically Modelled Dispersion™ (MMD™ ) wave-guide gives smooth off-axis response and means the monitor is more forgiving of diverse acoustical environments. The composite sandwich cone dampens break-up modes whilst the long throw bass driver gives low distortions at high sound levels.
The monitor has a sleek, black body with a robust metal grille to protect against any mechanical damage during transport or gigs. The large front panel ports reduce bass compression and mean the monitor is easier to mount in tight spaces such as OB vans. The KH120's compact aluminium cabinet is magnetically shielded and minimises resonances, providing better heat dissipation and a long life.
Mixing and Matching
If you're using the KH120 with a mixing console you'll find the wide horizontal dispersion has been designed to provide a freedom of movement across the mixing console whilst the narrow vertical dispersion reduces reflection off the console. The one-piece front panel with no discontinuities reduces diffraction and smooths the frequency response. The KH120 is highly reliable due to its separate woofer and tweeter electronic peak limiters and thermal-protection circuitry.
The powerful analog amplifiers with large headroom improve transient response. The production consistency across the range means any KH120 is "pair-matched" to any other KH120. New mounting hardware options provide more flexibility when in more diverse locations.
The 4-position bass, low-mid and treble acoustical controls give you the upmost control in diverse acoustical environments. The wide range input gain and output level controls provide easy interfacing with signal sources. The display dimmer is great for use in low lighting level conditions or behind screen applications. The ground lift reduces noise in electrically noisy environments and over-comes ground loops.
To view a full review of the Neumann KH120AW Active Studio Monitor in Sound & Recording Magazine please download the PDF above.
- Powerful titanium fabric dome
- Elliptical mathematically modelled dispersion (MMD™) wave-guide
- Composite sandwich cone
- Long throw bass driver
- Two-colour and dimmable Neumann logo
- Robust metal grille
- Large front panel ports
- Compact and magnetically shielded aluminium cabinet
- Wide horizontal dispersion and narrow vertical dispersion
- One-piece front panel with no discontinues
- Power analog amplifiers with large headroom
- 4-position bass, low-mid and treble acoustic controls
- Wide range input gain and output level controls
- Extensive mounting options
- Ground lift switch
- Separate woofer and tweeter electronic peak limiters and thermal-protection circuitary
- Universal switched-mode power supply
- Cabinet Material: Powder-Coated Aluminium, White
- Drivers: Magnetically Shielded
- Woofer: 5.25'' / 130mm
- Tweeter: 1'' / 25mm
- Mounting Points: 2 x M8 (Rear Panel)
- Dimensions: 277mm x 182mm x 220mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 6.4kg / 14.1lbs
- Frequency Response:
- Free Field Frequency Response: 52Hz - 21kHz, ±3dB
- Pass Band Free Field Frequency Response: 54Hz - 20kHz, ±2dB
- Self-Generated Noise: <20dB (A) at 10cm
- Total Harmonic Distortion: >100Hz
- Maximum SPL: 105.1dB/111.1dB SPL (Averaged 100Hz - 6kHz)
- Woofer Amplifier: 50W RMS
- 80W Peak
- Tweeter Amplifier: 50W RMS
- 80W Peak
- Controller Design: Analog, Active
- Crossover Frequency: 2kHz
- Crossover Slope: 24, 4th Order
- Bass: 0dB, -2.5dB, -5dB, -7.5dB
- Mid: 0dB, -1.5dB, -3dB, -4.5dB
- High: +1dB, 0dB, -1dB, -2dB
- Protection Circuitary: Low, High - Limiter
- Infrasonic Filter Frequency Slope: 30Hz, 6dB/Oct
- 10kΩ in Position 94dB/108dB SPL @ 1m
- 20kΩ in Position 100dB/114dB @ 1m
- Input Gain: 0dB - -15dB
- Output Level Control: 94dB/100dB/108dB/114dB
- CMR: >56dB @ 15kHz
- Maximum Input Level: 24dBu
- Power On: Neumann Logo ''White''
- Limit/Clip: Neumann Logo ''Red''
- Power Consumption:
- Idle: 20W
- Full Output AC: 200W
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.