Mackie Onyx Blackjack USB Recording Interface
Product Ref: 18255
Mackie Onyx Blackjack USB Recording InterfaceDetails
Mackie have put serious time and research into creating their Onyx Blackjack Recording Interface, so you can get a premium product without the price tag. In a compact form, the Blackjack can be incorporated into any workspace easily.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Delivering the same Onyx preamps as their other flagship products, the Onyx Blackjack provides professional features such as high-end AD/DA converters, built-in DIs, phantompower and true analog hardware monitoring of inputs for hassle-free zero-latency tracking in either mono or stereo.
The ergonomically designed Blackjack is compact and will not add to cable clutter as a USB connection provides bus-power. PC and Mac-friendly, and compatible with most major DAW software, the Onyx Blackjack Recording Interface is the utmost in sonic quality and simplicity.
Boutique-Quality Onyx Preamps
The Blackjack's Onyx preamps have been researched and designed to provide fierce competition to the more expensive and standalone preamps in terms of fidelity, headroom and transparency, much like the Onyx preamps in other Mackie flagship Onyx products. With improved radio frequency rejection, ultra-wide dynamic range and a full 60dB or available gain, the Blackjack Recording Interface leaves would-be competitors in the dust.
High-Quality AD/DA Conversion
The Onyx Blackjack uses Cirrus Logic converters which offer 114dB dynamic range. Mackies's preamp circuitry is aligned precisely with the onboard analog-to-digital conversion to always provide you with the most headroom and the lowest noise and distortion possible, a real sonic benefit that is often ignored on smaller interfaces.
Pesky computer-induced delays can kill the vibe of any recording session. That's why Mackie have put that issue to rest with the zero-latency recording that the Onyx Blackjack is capable of. Featuring a true analog monitoring path directly from the preamps to your studio monitors or headphones and the ability to track with zero latency in both mono and strereo, you can get the right vibe when recording stereo signals like acoustic guitars and keyboards. You can even adjust your buffer settings to maximise the processing ability of your computer.
Surprisingly for its compact size, the Onyx Blackjack delivers whole host of professional-standard features. Both channels double as built-in DIs for direct connection of guitars, basses, keyboards, drum machines and more. Both channels also deliver 48V phantom power, so you can use studio-quality condenser mics with no problem. The studio monitor and headphone outputs have independent level controls for maximum flexibility, and you can get started with recording straight away with the included Tracktion 3 Music Production software.
The construction of the Blackjack follows the Mackie 'built like a tank' ethos, made with a sturdy and sleek powder-coated all-metal chassis. Unlike most desktop interfaces, the Onyx Blackjack is tilted at a 25-degree angle, allowing you to fully view all of the dials so you can spend more time on recording and less time figuring out which control does what.
The Mackie Onyx Blackjack USB Recording Interface is an extremely simple, but very powerful desktop interface that delivers all the features you want in a design that easily fits into your existing workspace.
"The Blackjack is an irresistible combination of chunky-but-compact hardware with exactly the right facilities for basic recording to a high standard"
- Paul White, Sound on Sound
To view the Mackie Onyx Blackjack owner's manual, please download the PDF from the link below.
For more detailed features and specifications about the Mackie Onyx Blackjack USB Interface, please download the PDF from the link below.
- Preamps: Two boutique-quality Onyx mic preamps with class-leading fidelity and dynamic range
- Headroom: High-headroom design with ultra-low noise and distortion
- Recording/Playback: Professional 24-bit recording/playback via 2x2 USB
- AD/DA: High-end Cirrus Logic AD/DA converters with 114dB dynamic range (A-weighted)
- Hardware: True analog hardware monitoring of inputs, in mono or stereo, for easy zero-latency recording
- Compatibility: Mac and PC-friendly, compatible with most major DAWs including Logic, SONAR, Cubase and more
- DI: Built-in DI on each input for direct connection of guitars, basses, etc.
- Phantom Power: 48V phantom power for use with studio-quality condenser microphones
- Power: USB bus-powered, eliminating need for separate power cable
- Outputs: Separate studio monitor and headphone outs with independent level control
- Casing: Powder-coated, all-metal chassis
- Includes: Tracktion 3 Music Production Software for Mac or PC
The product price includes a one year warranty and 28 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 28 days to 90 days (terms apply after 28 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.