Mackie Onyx 1620i FireWire Recording Mixer
Product Ref: 15336
Mackie Onyx 1620i FireWire Recording MixerDetails
Eight full channels of mic preamps and four stereo channels means there are few sessions that the Onyx 1620i cannot handle. Each mic channel features 4-band Perkins EQ with dual sweepable mids, providing truly professional tone-shaping. The dedicated talkback section with built-in mic allow you to easily communicate, whether you're behind glass or in front of stage monitors. Deep FireWire integration and complete platform support allows you to easily record in the studio, or at the gig.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Onyx-i FireWire Recording Mixers are truly all-purpose, perfect for recording and live sound situations.The familiarity of an analog mixer provides easy setup of EQ, headphone mixes, FX sends and more. But you also gain the power of a simple plug-and-play recording and FX routing to your favorite DAW.
Onyx 1620i offers the freedom to work with any DAW you might choose choose. Onyx-i mixers are more DAW-friendly than any other interface ever. Onyx-i mixers are qualified by Mackie for use with all major DAWs, including Pro Tools M-Powered 8, Logic, SONAR, Cubase and more. The 1620i delivers hassle-free FireWire connection to your favourite DAW. All channels, auxes and (of course) the master L/R are available to your DAW. And since you can return your DAW outputs straight into a channel strip, mix integration is easier than ever.
Deep FireWire Integration
The Onyx-i Series features deeper FireWire integration than any other mixer out there and offers immensely powerful routing capabilities:
Wet or Dry? Every channel on the mixer can be routed pre or post EQ to the computer, allowing you to choose whether to implement 'EQ to tape' or not. Studio Quality Effects - All aux sends are routable to the computer, allowing you to utilize your computer as a powerful FX engine by implementing your favorite plug-ins in a live scenario. Preserve your mix, the Master L/R is routable to the computer for recording your analog mix. The Onyx 1620i also features Mix Integration, stereo return from the computer can be routed to either the control room for instant monitoring or to a stereo channel for mix integration. Latency-Free Overdubs are simple since you are using an analog mixer with the Onyx 1620i. No more wasted time dealing with the complicated 'DSP' mixers commonly used on standalone interfaces.
Premium Analog Mixer
When it comes to the high pressure environment of a recording session or live performance, you simply cannot beat the stability and reliability of an analog mixer. With features honed over 20 years of design by some of the legends in the industry, the Mackie Onyx-i Series mixers are simply the best sounding full-featured analog mixing boards available to the modern sound engineer.
The 1620i has a plethora of analog features that are sure to please. The eight Onyx mic preamps have been proven as some of the best boutique quality preamps available today. The Perkins EQ offers highly musical Q filter without sacrificing the precise control that Mackie EQs are known for. Eight mono mic/line channels feature 4-band Perkins EQ with dual sweepable mids, the additional four stereo line channels have 3-band Perkins EQ. So, regardless of the type of signal you need to input, there is sure to be a channel with the right EQ for the application.
Other analog tools include four aux sends with pre/post fader assignment, allowing for monitor mixes, effects loops or additional headphone mixes. There are built-in DIs on the first two channels for direct connection of guitars or bass and a dedicated talkback section with a built-in mic that lets you easily communicate with band members while on stage or recording. With all these proven, great-sounding analog features, it is easier than ever to create a memorable mix.
High Quality Construction
The Onyx 1620i offers a tremendous collection of professional analog features and extremely deep DAW integration, but it is so much more than that. The sleek, modern design not only makes it fit in and look great in your studio, since it's a Mackie you can be sure it's 'built-like-a-tank', sturdy and tough whether it's on your studio workspace or on tour.
"It simply can do what no other affordable multi-purpose analog mixer has done before, a fact that is true on a multitude of levels of functionality."
- Strother Bullins, Pro Audio Review
For more detailed features and specifications about the Onyx 1620i FireWire Recording Mixer, please download the PDF from the link below.
- Channels: 16-channel premium analog mixer with integrated 24-bit/96kHz FireWire I/O
- Compatability: Qualified by Mackie for use with all major DAWs
- Preamps: 8 Onyx boutique-quality mic preamps
- EQ: 4-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids on mic/line channels, 3-band Perkins EQ on stereo line channels
- FireWire: 16x2 FireWire routing, including aux sends and pre/post EQ assignment for all channels
- Aux Sends: 4 aux sends with pre/post assignment
- Faders: Smooth 60mm channel and master faders
- DI: Built-in DI on first two channels for direct connection of guitars, bass, etc.
- Phantom Power: Individual 48V phantom power switches on all mic inputs
- Talkback: Talkback section with built in mic and flexible routing
- Power: Planet Earth" switching power supply for worldwide use
- System Requirements: For PC: Microsoft Windows Vista 32 / 64 RTM or XP SP 2, Pentium 4, Celeron or Athlon XP processor, 512 MB RAM. For MAC:Mac OS X 10.4.11 - 10.6.0, G4 processor, 512 MB RAM
The product price includes a one year warranty and 14 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 14 days to 60 days (terms apply after 14 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within mainland UK, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.