M-Audio Studiophile AV40 Active Speakers (Pair)
Product Ref: 12399
M-Audio Studiophile AV40 Active Speakers (Pair)Details
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Professional Components-Professional Results
M-Audio built the AV 40s with the same quality materials and precision electronics as our acclaimed M-Audio professional studio speakers. The audiophile-grade Class A/B amplifier architecture, ferrofluid-cooled silk cone tweeters, polypropylene-coated woofers, and dense wooden enclosures add up to big, defined sound that defies the speakers' small size.
Clear, Cohesive Sound
The AV 40 speakers use proprietary OptImage wave guide technology-originally developed for the professional M-Audio speaker line-to deliver superior clarity and detail. Each speaker also features a precision-engineered crossover, which ensures that the sound emanating from the low-frequency driver will blend seamlessly with the sound from the high-frequency driver-so those deep lows transition smoothly into crystal-clear highs.
Extended Low End
If you crave bass, the AV 40s have you covered. With wooden cabinets and bass reflex design, the AV 40s kick out serious low frequencies-perfect for producing hip-hop and electronic music, or enjoying your favorite CDs, MP3s, DVDs, and games.
Magnetically Shielded for Desktop Use
Many speakers emit stray magnetic flux that can wreak havoc with your computer's video monitor or a nearby TV. The AV 40s are magnetically shielded, so they can coexist with other equipment without interference.
- 4" polypropylene-coated woofers for tight, accurate bass
- 1" ferrofluid-cooled silk cone tweeters for clear, pristine highs
- OptImage III tweeter wave guides for superior imaging and detail
- 20-watt-per-channel amplifier with Class A/B architecture
- Magnetic shielding for use near computer video monitors
- Back-panel 1/4" TRS balanced and RCA unbalanced inputs for connecting gaming systems, DJ gear, mixers, amplifiers, instruments, and more
- Front-panel 1/8" stereo auxiliary input for connecting your laptop or desktop computer, MP3 player, or other audio sources
- Front-panel 1/8" headphone output for connecting headphones
- Front-panel volume control
- Wood cabinet with bass reflex port design for deep, rich sound
- Type: Two-way desktop reference speaker
- Low-Frequency Driver: 4" diameter, polypropylene-coated, magnetically shielded with high-temperature voice coil
- High-Frequency Driver: 1" diameter, magnetically shielded silk cone tweeter
- Frequency Response: 85 Hz ? 20 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.7 kHz
- RMS SPL: 101.5 dB @ 1 meter
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: > 90 dB (typical, A-weighted)
- Input Connectors: Left and right RCA line input, left and right 1/4" TRS input, and 1/8" aux input
- Polarity: Positive signal at "+" input produces outward low-frequency cone displacement
- Dynamic Power: 20 watts continuous, per channel into 4 ohm
- Input Impedance: 10 k ohm unbalanced, 20 k ohm balanced
- Input Sensitivity: 100 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter
- Indicator: blue power LED ring around volume knob on front panel
- Power Requirements: 100-120V/~50/60 Hz, 220-240V/~50/60 Hz; powered via attached 2-conductor line cord
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Dimensions: 8.75" (H) x 6" (W) x 7.25" (D) / 22.2 cm (H) x 15.2 cm (W) x 18.4" (D)
- Weight: 14 lbs. / 6.34 kg
The product price includes a one year warranty and 28 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 28 days to 90 days (terms apply after 28 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under The Consumer Contracts (information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
Once the product is delivered, you have 28 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.