M-Audio M3-8 Studio Monitor, Black
M-Audio M3-8 Studio Monitor, BlackDetails
Product Ref: 78421View Full Description
Buy on finance from £7.20 per month Finance from £7.20 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The tri-amplified construction of the M-Audio M3-8 is designed for exceptional audio quality and fidelity, providing you with three dedicated individual internal amplifiers, each powering a different part of the speaker. Each amplifier is specifically engineered for each part of the speaker, with each amplifier accentuating the characteristics of the driver it’s powering. The crossover points have been meticulously selected, dividing the frequency spectrum into individual bands for exceptional accuracy and a wide, consistent dispersion pattern.
In-Line MF/HF Design
One of the most innovative features of the M-Audio M3-8 is the In-Line MF/HF design. The in-line design works by ensuring the mid and treble frequencies each the best possible listening position at the exact same time for a sonically-precise performance. The in-line design facilitates the ultra-compact cabinet design, adding a natural and precise value to your sound field – something conventional-mounted drivers cannot achieve. The three-dimensions sound field exposes every part of the mix with exceptional clarity, ideal for mixing and mastering purposes.
The M-Audio M3-8 features a Kevlar diaphragm on both the woofer and mid range driver, providing you with an high-speed transient attack and high sensitivity. The Kevlar diaphragm is selected for its strong, stiff and light characteristics, allowing the drivers to react in a natural way for a better overall performance. The 1’’ woven silk dome tweeter utilises Ferro-fluid voice coil cooling for added reliability and efficiency, which results in a clean and clear sound that imparts no listening fatigue or harshness that metal dome tweeters are known to encounter. These premium-quality drivers are ideal for prolonged use, perfect for mixing, recording and mastering applications.
Cater To Any Space
The M-Audio M3-8 has numerous controls and parameters which allow you to tailor the sound the monitor produces the space you are in. This guarantees absolute audio fidelity, retaining the sonic-characteristics of the original signal for exceptional transparency and performance. The integrated three-band EQ allows you to shape the sound while catering to your listening environment. This is ideal for home studios, allowing you to match the speakers sound with the space you are utilising. For example you can use the switchable low-cut filter for reigning in the bas response, for using the M3-8 with a subwoofer unit. You can also use the pinhole-mounted blue LEDS to find the optimal position for your speaker, in relation to your listening position. The front baffle features a matte black soft touch design with vinyl-laminated cabinet for added durability and a sleek aesthetic.
- Matte black soft touch front baffle with vinyl-laminated cabinet
- Inline mid- & high-frequency drivers offer superior imaging
- 8" woven Kevlar low-frequency driver
- 5" woven Kevlar mid-frequency driver
- 1" silk dome tweeter with integrated waveguide
- Tri-amp Class A/B power, 220 Watts total
- XLR and 1/4" balanced inputs; RCA unbalanced input
- 3-band EQ with bypass; switchable low-cut filter
- Rear-mounted volume and power control
- Frequency Response: 38 Hz – 22 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: Low-Mid: 450 Hz
- Crossover Frequency: Mid-High: 3.9 kHz
- Amplifier Power:
- Low-Frequency Amplifier Power: 150 W
- Mid-Frequency Amplifier Power: 35 W
- High-Frequency Amplifier Power: 35 W
- LF Cutoff Switch: Flat, 60 Hz, 80 Hz
- Equalizer Controls:
- LF: ± 6 dB boost/cut at 100 Hz
- MF: ± 6 dB boost/cut at 1 kHz
- HF: ± 6 dB boost/cut at 10 kHz
- Switch: Bypass Switch
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produces outward LF cone displacement
- Input Impedance: 20 k ohms balanced, 10 k ohms unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Protection: Output current limiting; over-temperature; transient on/off protection to prevent speaker "pops"; subsonic filter; external mains fuse
- Cabinet: Matte black soft touch front baffle with vinyl-laminated cabinet
- Size (W x H x D): 10.6" x 17.1" x 11.2" (268 mm x 434 mm x 285 mm)
- Weight: 12.8kg (28.2 lbs)
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.