M-Audio BX5 D2 Studio Monitor, Single
M-Audio BX5 D2 Studio Monitor, SingleDetails
The M-Audio BX5 D2 studio monitor is trusted by musicians and recording professionals worldwide. Now, the BX5 D2 monitors extend the bestsellers' legacy with an elegant new design inside and out. Enjoy an even more natural listening experience with the extended frequency response and high-end monitor technology. The latest-generation woven Kevlar low-frequency drivers and waveguide-loaded silk dome tweeters provide rich, defined sound, while the Custom Class A/B analog amplifiers deliver superior dynamics and tonal accuracy across the frequency spectrum.
Product Ref: 51258View Full Description
Spend another £151.00 to buy on finance Finance from £6.82 per month
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Accurate and enjoyable
With a decade of monitor engineering expertise to deliver exceptional transparency and sonic definition, M-Audio have created a monitor perfect for recording, mixing or mastering. The BX5 D2 monitors let you hear exactly what's happening in your music. Enjoy marathon mixing sessions with minimal listening fatigue and be assured that your music will translate well into other listening environments.
Designed for pros - and beginners
The BX5 D2 monitors are ideal for anyone with a passion for great sound, regardless of their abilities. Simple to use, the M-Audio monitors help you understand what's in your mix so you can make better decisions about how it will translate across a wide variety of systems. Countless pros use M-Audio studio monitors to produce and mix the music and audio you hear every day, whether that's through MP3 earbuds to car stereos to audiphile rigs.
Silk-dome, waveguide-loaded, high-frequency drivers
Other monitors you may find on the market often feature domes made from poorly crafted metallic materials. The M-Audio BX5 D2 high-frequency domes are made from natural silk to counter any audible ringing, ensuring you receive the best sound quality possible. The high-frequency driver is fully isolated from the rest of the enclosure to ensure minimum distortion, providing ultra-smooth frequency response up to 22 kHz. You can also enjoy an expansive sound stage and exceptional imaging with the built-in waveguide.
Kevlar low-frequency drivers
The BX5 D2's 5" low-frequency driver has been constructed from woven Kevlar, which provides high mechanical and thermal resilience, making it ideal for use in speaker cones. The curved conical design improves room dispersion, while the high-dampening reliable rubber surrounds provide percussive musical bass, and insure that the cone reaches its optimal excursion for accurate reproduction. Power compression is reduced by the high temperature voice coils, guaranteeing that your monitors will deliver full performance again and again.
Rear-ported cabinet design
The BX5 D2 cabinet is integrally designed with its other components for optimal performance - right down to rounded corners for reduced edge diffraction and superior imaging. The custom rear port is designed to minimize air turbulence and resulting distortion while adding additional low frequency extension.
The Class A/B bi-amplified design dedicates separate power amps to the high and low frequencies - providing ample headroom for even the loudest and most dynamic of mixes. Combined with a finely tuned crossover, the design ensures that each driver only delivers the frequencies that it can reproduce most efficiently, resulting in tonal accuracy and cohesive sound across the entire frequency spectrum.
Find the sweet spot quickly and easily
You can easily find the "sweet spot" with the BX5 D2's pinhole power LED, making moniroeinf easier as you can sit in the middle position between the two speakers - where the stereo image is optimized. You'll know you're in the right listening position when the BX5 D2 power LEDs appear to be brightest.
- bi-amplified design with 70 watts of distributed power for cohesive, accurate sound
- 5" low-frequency drivers with Kevlar cones for rich, defined lows
- 1" high-frequency drivers with natural silk domes and integrated waveguides for smooth, clear highs
- optimized rear ports for extended low-frequency response
- magnetic shielding eliminates interference with other electronic equipment
- XLR balanced and 1/4" balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting mixers, amplifiers, instruments, DJ gear, and more
- volume control
- frequency response: 53 Hz - 22 kHz
- crossover frequency: 3 kHz
- low-frequency amplifier power: 40 watts
- high-frequency amplifier power: 30 watts
- maximum signal-to-noise (dynamic range): > 100 dB (typical A-weighted)
- polarity: positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement
- input impedance: 20 k ohms balanced, 10 k ohms unbalanced
- input sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at one meter with volume control at maximum
- power: factory programmed for either 115V 50/60 Hz or 230V 50/60 Hz
- protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- cabinet: vinyl-laminated MDF
- size: 7.7" x 7" x 10"; 19.5cm x 17.6cm x 25.2cm
- weight: 11 lbs./unit; 5 kg.
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.