With a visually striking enclosure design that is equally functional, the VXT4 provides low resonance, improved structural integrity, an extended low-end and slotted ports for reduced port turbulence. Plus, a sleek curvature provides excellent imaging characteristics and a wider sweet spot, allowing the VXT4 monitor to achieve a new level of precision.
The domed tweeter is comprised of true silk for a fast transient response and the new woofer is designed with a stiffer, lighter cone that provides low distortion and extended low-end. Both the tweeter and woofer have vented formers to remove heat and reduce the effects of power compression, enabling these monitors to maintain their sonic signature.
The moulded shape of the VXT4 allows for radically curved surfaces that sound better. The VXT virtually eliminates diffraction and delivers excellent imaging characteristics and has a much wider sweet spot. There are no discontinuous elements to create diffraction which can cause distortion.
Rear-firing ports on the back of some monitors create bass coupling with walls and corners, amplifying low frequency information which can colour your mix. The KRK VXT includes front-firing ports, reducing port turbulence and delivering a clean and accurate bass performance, even at high SPLs.
With uncompromising attention to detail that includes tamper resistant switch covers and an integrated Omni Mount, the VXT Series is an outstanding choice for a broad range of monitoring applications.
"They aren't boringly transparent or 'pure'. Like all monitors, they offer colouration and while the initial impact of the speaker's mid-range is striking, it's something you could well come to like. The monitor performs well at low volumes but rewards those brave enough to crank them up." - MusicRadar
"Sonically, these speakers tick all the right boxes for me, in that the bass end is believable, the mid-range clear and the top end nicely detailed without being harsh or splashy... just right for the project studio owner who wants something that will perform to a professional standard without costing a fortune." - Sound on Sound
- ABS foam enclosure
- Front-firing radiused /Non-parallel ports
- Radiused enclosure edges
- Silk domed tweeter
- Woven kevlar cone
- Proprietory woofer design
- HF and LF controls
- Multiple protection circuitry
- Ground lift
- Configuration: 2 way
- System type: Active studio monitor
- Low-frequency: 4" woven kevlar woofer
- High-frequency: 1" soft dome tweeter
- Frequency response: 66Hz - 22 kHz (+/- 3dB)
- Max peak SPL: 107 dB
- Amplifier class: Class A-B
- Power output: 45W
- High frequency: 15W
- Low frequency: 30W
- System volume: (-30dB - +6dB)
- Auto mute: (on/off)
- Indicators: Power, Clip, Limit
- Indicator control: Clip indicator (on/off/limit)
- Input connectors: Balanced 1/4" / XLR combo
- Ground Lift: On / Off
- AC power input: Selectable 110V - 120V / 220V - 240V / (50Hz - 60Hz) or 100V (50Hz - 60Hz)
- Enclosure construction: Structural Foam
- Finish: Black textured paint
- Port configuration: Front firing slot port
- Grille: Optional (not included)
- Dimensions: 254mm x 186mm x 190mm
- Weight: 6.36
- Mounting: Bottom