KRK Rokit R6 Passive Monitors, Pair
Product Ref: 21283
KRK Rokit R6 Passive Monitors, PairDetails
Passive but Bold! The R6 is the passive version of the industry standard Generation 2 RoKit Studio Monitor Series from KRK Systems. For years, the RoKit series has been a popular choice for accurate monitoring in studios large and small. Now, the R6 provides a new standard in passive monitoring with better performance and accuracy, raising the bar once again. Considering KRK has always been the standard, this is a lofty claim. But with the R6, you will hear the truth.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The KRK R6 has radically curved surfaces for a reason: it sounds better. Traditional rectangular speakers suffer from diffraction as sounds leaving the edge of the cabinet are reflected back into the sound field causing phase distortion. The R6 virtually eliminates diffraction and provides a wider sweet spot because of its radically engineered curved surfaces.
Let's Be Up Front
Take a look at most monitors and you'll find ports on the back of the cabinet. These rear-firing ports tend to create bass coupling with walls and corners, amplifying low frequency information which will color your mix. The superior design of the KRK R6 includes front-firing ports, which are just the right shape to reduce port turbulence. You'll appreciate the clean and accurate bass performance this approach delivers, even at high SPLs.
Even More Accurate Than Before
KRK took a great monitor series and made it better. Their engineers and listening panel took the Generation 2 RoKit's speaker voicing to even greater levels of accuracy. With the R6 what you hear is what you need to hear, without coloration or artificial emphasis. This performance is delivered by drivers that are custom-designed by KRK's world-class studio monitor engineering team, for clear, low-distortion performance.
Catch A Wave, For A 3D Mix
KRK's recessed tweeters may look the same as others, but they don't perform the same. KRK's careful design of dome and waveguide geometry coupled to the curved front baffle are optimized for on and off-axis linearity resulting in excellent imaging and a wider sweet spot.
Team the R6 up with your favorite power amplifier and enjoy clarity and accuracy in your project, home or professional studio. The R6 is also perfect for home theater, audiophile or other critical listening applications where pure and detailed audio reproduction is desired.
- Peak SPL of 107dB
- 1" Neodymium soft dome tweeter
- 6" Glass Aramid Composite Cone Woofer
- Frequency Response of 49 Hz-20 kHz, +/-2 dB
- Radically curved front baffle design virtually eliminates diffraction distortion
- High Frequency Waveguide design provides amazing detail and on and off-axis imaging
- Front-firing port provides low frequency extension without boundary coupling
- Precision 2-way crossover delivers accurate frequency transition between woofer and tweeter
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 87 dB @ 1M/1W
- Tweeter: Shielded, 1-inch soft dome
- Woofer: 6" Aramid Glass Fibe
- Power Handling (IEC): 100 W
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 50-150 W (8 Ohms)
- Frequency Response: 49 Hz-20 kHz, +/-2 dB
- Distortion: <1 1 W
- Crossover: 2.5 kHz, 2nd order
- Input Connections: 5-Way Gold Plated Binding Posts
- Height: 12 11/16" (31.1 cm)
- Width: 8 7/8" (22.5 cm)
- Depth: 10 1/2" (26.6 cm)
- Weight: 15.5 lbs / 7 kg
The product price includes a one year warranty and 14 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 14 days to 60 days (terms apply after 14 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within mainland UK, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.