Genelec 8040B Bi-Amped Studio Monitor, White (Single)
Genelec 8040B Bi-Amped Studio Monitor, White (Single)Details
Product Ref: 40271View Full Description
Buy on finance from £23.18 per month Finance from £23.18 per month
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Genelec 8040B features two powered amplifiers for optimised performance value. The bi-amplified design ensures optimal audio performance and fidelity, by assigning each of the two frequency bands with their own individual amplifier. This helps to optimise the audio fidelity and performance, ensuring you hear every nuance of the audio as it was intended. The amplifiers are designed to power both the woofer and tweeter individually.
Ideal For Mixing and Mastering
The exceptional audio quality and wide frequency range ensures you hear every nuance of the original audio as it was intended, this is paramount when it comes to mixing and mastering as you are able to hear every subtlety that other studio monitors may miss. The bi-amplified design is designed to optimise each of the driver with their individual power amplifiers on the tweeter and woofer. This ensures maximum audio fidelity and performance value. The included Iso-Pod base helps to decouple the speaker form its mounting surface, minimising colourations caused by vibrations and reflections. Additionally on the rear of the monitor is a 'Tone Control' function which allows you optimise the speaker's sound to match the space and environment you are using the speaker in, optimising audio quality and performance.
ICC (Intelligent Signal Sensing) Technology was developed by Genelec in early 2013, designed to track the signal input of the loudspeaker and detect if it is in use. If the ISS circuitry finds that the speaker is not in use for a certain period of time it will automatically switch to a low-power sleep state, consuming less than 0.5 watts. This is highly useful when it comes to studios and home studios as it minimises power usage while optimising performance value. The loudspeaker will immediately turn itself back on again once it detects an input signal, saving you power and money in the long run. If you wish to disable this feature you can simply turn on the 'ISS Disable' switch located on the rear panel of the monitor.
Versatile Mounting Options
The most versatile feature of the 8040B is the wide range of mounting options, allowing you to place the monitor virtually anywhere. The 3/8’’ threaded hole on the base allows you attach to a range of speaker stands, plus the threaded holes are ideal for mounting to omnimount brackets. This lets you place the monitors in the optimal positioning ensuring maximum stability and audio performance. The included Iso-Pod table can also be attached to the base or side of the monitor for vertical and horizontal positioning.
Construction & Connectivity
The Genelec 8040B features a range of design and construction aspects that helps to achieve the optimal audio quality and sleek aesthetic the Genelec 8040Bs produce. One of the most unique design aspects of the studio monitors is the advanced reflex port design which helps to extend the low frequency response for added depth in the lower range. This is ideal for mixing and mastering applications as it gives you more of a feel for the bottom end, allowing you to hear the subtle nuances of the lower range. The monitor’s enclosure utilises MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) technology for uncoloured sound reproduction. The curved cabinet surface is designed to maximise the internal volume for improved low frequency efficiency as well as providing EMC shielding and excellent heat sink for the three amplifiers. The Genelec 8040B also features a range of digital and analog connectivity for optimal flexibility. Connect the speakers to a range of external devices including mixers and more using the XLR female analog input. Also included are a XLR AES/EBU digital Input and a XLR AES/EBU Digital Thru Connector allowing you to connect the monitors to a range of external digital devices.
- 6.5’’ bi-amplified studio monitor
- 90W bass amplifier and 90W treble amplifier
- Auto switching to standby saves power
- Curved edged enclosures reduces distortion
- Bass reflex port optimises low-end response
- Iso-Pod stand reduces vibration and colouration
- Versatile mounting capabilities
- Active crossover filters
- Tone controls on the rear panel for room correction
- Front-facing volume knob
- Fully magnetically shielded
- Maximum sound pressure level: (SPL) 105 dB
- Frequency response (lower & upper limits) with input gain set to + 3db: 48 Hz - 20 kHz (± 2 dB)
- Frequency response (lower & upper limits) with input gain set to - 2db: 45 Hz - 21 kHz (-3 dB)
- Crossover frequency between high & lower frequency bands: 3.0 kHz
- Diameter of low/mid frequency: Bass 6.5"
- Diameter of high frequency driver: Treble 0.7", Metal dome + DCW
- Low/mid frequency power: 90 Watts
- High frequency power: + 90 Watts
- Dimensions: H x W x D, 365 x 237 x 223 mm, (with iso-pod rubberised mounting/isolation system)
- Unbozed Weight: 8.6 Kg (18.9 lb)
- Inputs: One balanced XLR line level input
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.