Genelec 8040A Smart Active Monitor, Dark Grey
Genelec 8040A Smart Active Monitor, Dark GreyDetails
Product Ref: 76409View Full Description
Buy on finance from £33.83 per month Finance from £33.83 per month
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Reference-Grade Audio Fidelity
The Genelec 8040A Smart Active Monitor utilises a range of premium-quality components and innovative technology to provide optimal audio fidelity. The extended frequency range and high performance drivers work together to ensure you capture every nuance of your source audio. With its high SPL capacity and optimised reflex port, the Genelec 8040A is ideal for a range of applications from mixing and mastering to multimedia production and playback. Whether you are in a professional studio setting or in your own home recording studio, the Genelec 804A Studio Monitor is the perfect monitoring solution.
Bi-Amplified With Matched Amplifiers
The Genelec 8040A features a bi-amplified design with a 6.5-inch woofer and ¾-inch metal dome tweeter, complete with matched amplifiers for optimised audio performance. The amplifier unit is located on the rear of the enclosure. The specialised circuitry ensures thermal, overload protection, while providing accurate level matching to the output section. Each driver is also magnetically shielded, ideal for busy studios. The active crossover network consists of two parallel bandpass filter, with a range of attenuation controls on the rear of the speaker for matching any space or environment.
Directivity Control Waveguide
DCW Technology is a revolutionary innovation developed by Genelec for more than 30 years, designed to improve the performance of direct radiating multi-way monitors. The Directivity Control Waveguide works by shaping the emitted wavefront in a control way, providing predictable tailoring of the directivity (dispersion) pattern. The result is exceptional flatness and an outstanding frequency response, as well as a uniformed power response. This helps to eliminate any early reflections, providing a wide and controlled listening area for optimal sound reproduction on and an off-axis. In turn, the DCW technology also improves stereo and sound stage imaging for increase performance as well as increased system maximum sound pressure level capacity.
Design & Construction
The Genelecs 8040A features a specialised MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) with rounded edges, this minimises reflection and helps to improve the sound imaging of the speaker. The smooth frequency response and minimised cabinet edge diffraction helps to improve overall audio fidelity while retaining the natural harmonic qualities of your source audio. The rear of the speaker features attenuation controls as well as a range of versatile connectivity. The rear panel features a 10K ohm balanced XLR connector, but an unbalanced lead may also be used (as long as pin 3 is grounded to pine 1 of the XLR).
- Special MDE enclosure minimizes diffraction for focused near-field use
- Waveguide and bass reflex port design for optimum sound distribution
- Custom Iso-pod mounting system
- High audio out with low distortion
- Extended frequency range for optimised audio performance
- XLR connector on the real panel
- Includes attenuation control
- Maximum sound pressure level: 105 dB
- Frequency response: 48 Hz - 20 kHz (± 2 dB), 45 Hz - 21 kHz (-3 dB)
- Crossover frequency: 3.0 kHz
- Driver dimension: Bass 6.5 in + Treble 3/4 in metal dome + DCW™
- Amplifier power: Bass 90 W + Treble 90 W
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 365 x 237 x 223 mm with Iso-Pod™
- Weight: 8.6 kg (18.9 lb)
- Connectors: 1 x XLR analog in
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.