View Full Description
VRM overcomes the major obstacle for mixing with headphones by giving you multiple perspectives on your mix, as if you were listening through speakers. Noise levels from mixing through speakers can make it impossible for most to mix at home, especially without annoying the neighbours. With VRM, you can mix any time, anywhere. Using any pair of monitoring headphones, VRM lets you choose your mixing environment from a living room, a bedroom studio, or a professional studio. You then simply choose from a list of 15 industry-standard studio monitors and speakers.
VRM Box delivers audio quality worthy of your headphones. Boasting a dynamic range of 108dB, it provides a sound that's more precise, with lower distortion and is far superior to built-in laptop headphone outputs. The compact size and robust build quality of VRM Box means it's ready to go anywhere, any time.
The VRM Box functions as a high-quality 24- bit/48kHz USB audio playback interface. So, whether you're mixing, creating music or simply listening to tracks, Focusrite's VRM Box is perfect. What's more, there's no need for a power supply or batteries, because it gets all the power it needs, with full audio quality, from your computer's USB port. VRM Box also features a digital (S/PDIF) input, which supports sample rates up to 192kHz. This allows you to run it in conjunction with your Pro Tools HD system, or any other interface with an S/PDIF output.
Make the most of your headphones
With a dynamic range of 108dB (A-weighted), VRM Box provides a significant audio upgrade from low-grade laptop headphone outputs (which commonly only provide around 92 or 93dB), with an audio quality the equal of interfaces ten times its price.
"VRM provides a valuable resource, both for those who monitor on headphones and for the rest of us who enjoy the reassurance of varied monitoring environments" - MusicRadar
"Within five minutes of plugging it in, I had become aware of all sorts of things that were wrong with my mixes. I will certainly be buying a VRM Box. I can't think of any other affordable product that has made more difference to my own mixing. - Sound on Sound
Features and Specifications
To view a list of speakers emulated by the Focusrite VRM box, please download the PDF chart from the link below.
Headphone Outputs (Outputs 1-2)
- Output impedance: < 10Ω
- Power output into 150Ω: 15mW
- Power output into 50Ω: 30mW
- THD+N: -100dB (0.001 ) (-1dBFS input, 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter, 150Ω load)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: > 105dB
S/PDIF Digital Input
- Automatic Sample Rate conversion
- Supported sample rates: continuous from 32kHz to 192kHz
- THD+N: < -110dB any sample rate
Crosstalk (Channel Isolation)
- Any output to output: > 100dB
- D/A Dynamic Range: 120dB (A-weighted)
- Measured D/A Dynamic Range: 108dB (A-weighted)
- Clock Source: Internal Clock only Clock jitter < 250 picoseconds
- Supported Sample Rates: 44.1kHz & 48kHz
- 2 input channels to computer: S/PDIF (2)
- 2 output channels from computer: Headphones (2)v
Connectors and Controls
- Stereo S/PDIF input on RCA
- Stereo Headphone Output on ¼ TRS
- Headphone Output Level control (analogue)
- 4-pin USB2.0 compatible socket
- Green LED Indicator: 1
- Flashing: Unit not installed correctly on host
- Off: VRM effects turned off
- On: VRM effects turned on
Operating System Requirements
- Windows:XP (service pack 3), Vista, 7
OS X 10.5 Leopard (Intel only), OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Width: 68mm
- Height: 25mm
- Depth: 68mm
The product price includes a one year warranty and 28 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 28 days to 90 days (terms apply after 28 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under The Consumer Contracts (information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
Once the product is delivered, you have 28 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
CDs & DVDs
Headphones and In-ear Monitors
Earplugs and Ear Protection
Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.