Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 USB Audio Interface
Product Ref: 20790
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 USB Audio InterfaceDetails
The Scarlett 8i6 is an eight-input, six-output USB 2.0 audio interface with legendary sonic performance and unmatched flexibility at a truly affordable price.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Two award-winning Focusrite preamps and a host of other I/O combine with the latest in mix control software to deliver seamless integration, excellent routing flexibility and rock-solid driver stability.
Alongside the two high-quality mic preamps, two additional analogue inputs, four analogue outputs, S/PDIF and MIDI open the door to true multi-track recording. Two Hi-Z instrument inputs let you plug straight in without the need to buy additional DI boxes, and two virtual Loopback inputs are also available for routing digital audio between software applications: ideal for capturing online audio.
The two Focusrite preamps ensure low noise and distortion, whilst quality digital conversion ensures pristine quality as your audio flows between the analogue and digital domains. Combined with the very latest in USB interfacing technology, excellent routing flexibility and rock-solid driver stability, the Scarlett 8i6 is the heart of the modern home studio.
Included with the 8i6 is Scarlett MixControl, an 18 x 6 DSP mixer. Offering a level of flexibility that is unmatched at this price point, it enables you to create up to six separate mono mixes with ultra-low latency, then route any combination of input signals and sequencer outputs to any of the Scarlett 8i6 outputs and recall intuitive one-click configurations that help you track, monitor and mix as quickly as possible.
Scarlett 8i6 comes with all of the additional tools needed to start making music straight away. Scarlett VST/AU/RTAS Plug-in Suite comes in the box, adding Focusrite compression, reverb, gating and EQ to your recording system.
Focusrite's Xcite+ bundle is also included. The bundle features Ableton Live Lite (for all your production, performance and compositional needs), Novation's Bass Station soft synth and over 1 gig of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters.
To take a look at a comparison chart of the Focusrite Scarletts please download the PDF below.
Features and Specifications
- Two high-quality award-winning Focusrite preamps
- Total I/O count of 8 inputs and 6 outputs
- High-quality 24-bit/96kHz USB interface
- Pro conversion and jitter elimination technology
- Scarlett MixControl ultra-low-latency DSP mixer/router provides an 18 x 6 DSP mixer with excellent routing flexibility
- Lower than 1.4ms latency
- Scarlett VST/AU/RTAS Plug-in Suite: Scarlett compression, reverb, gating and EQ
- Xcite+ Software Bundle includes royalty-free loops and samples, Novation Bass-station soft-synth, Ableton Live Lite 8
- Two Hi-Z instrument inputs
- Dedicated front-panel headphone bus
- Switchable phantom power
- Software PFL allows the mix engineer to easily monitor a single mixer channel or complete mix
- Dimensions: 215mm x 45mm x 220mm (8.5 x 1.8 x 8.7 inches)
- Weight: 1.5kg / 3.3lbs
- 2 Mic/Line/Instrument Combo XLR including 2 instrument inputs
- 2 Line analogue 1/4" TRS Jack on rear panel
- 2S.PDIFRCA phono on rear panel
- 2 Loopback virtual internally routed software inputs
- 16 MIDI 5 pin DIN connector provides 16 channels of MIDI
- 4 Line analogue 1/4" TRS Jack on rear panel
- 2S/PDIFRCA phono on rear panel
- 16 MIDI 5 pin DIN connector provides 16 channels of MIDI
- 2 Mic XLR Combo (channels 1-2) on front panel
- 2 Line ¼? TRS (channels 3-4) on rear panel
- Automatic switching between Mic / Line (channels 1-2)
- Switching between Line / Instrument Inputs (channels 1-2) via Scarlett MixControl Application
- Switching between +16dBu (low) and -10dBV (high) gain on inputs 3-4 via Scarlett MixControl Application
- Stereo S/PDIF input on RCA
- 4 ¼? TRS Jacks
- Output Level control (analogue) for outputs 1 and 2
- Stereo Headphones on ¼? TRS (also routed to Outputs 3 & 4) with independent analogue volume control
- Stereo S/PDIF Output on RCA
- 1 USB 'Type B' Connector
- 2 Standard 5-pin DIN MIDI connectors: In and Out
- DC Power Input Connector (for use with supplied universal input power supply
- 2 two segment input meters, -18 and 0dBFS
- LKD Locked Indicator
- USB Connected Indicator
- Instrument input source selection LED for channels 1 and 2
- Phantom Power (48V) switch and LED for inputs 1 and 2
- MAC: OS X 10.6.5 Snow Leopard
- WINDOWS: Windows 7 (All versions), Windows Vista (32 bit only), or Windows XP SP3 (32bit only)
Channels at a glance
Analogue Channel Inputs (Inputs 1-4)
Digital Channel Inputs (Inputs 7-8) 44.1 - 96kHz
Analogue Audio Outputs (Outputs 1-4)
Digital Channel Outputs (Outputs 5-6) 44.1 - 96kHz
Front Panel Indicators
The product price includes a one year warranty and 28 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 28 days to 90 days (terms apply after 28 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.