Focusrite Octopre MKII Mic Pre-amp
Focusrite Octopre MKII Mic Pre-ampDetails
The Focusrite Octopre MKII has eight channels of Focusrite pre-amplification and a built-in 24-bit / 96 kHz ADAT output. OctoPre MkII is Focusrite's powerful input upgrade for your Pro Tools system, or any digital audio workstation. It's also a great expansion for any analogue or digital console, or hard disk recorder.
Product Ref: 15319View Full Description
Buy on finance from £9.36 per month Finance from £9.36 per month
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The digital output allows users to make the most of often-neglected ADAT inputs; ideal for expanding the number of mic-pre inputs on your interface. Connect OctoPre MkII to your audio interface's ADAT input to create a high quality, multi-channel recording solution, ideal for tracking drums, as well guitars, keyboards, vocals and more.
- Eight High Quality Award-winning Focusrite Pre-amps: The best sounding multi-channel mic-pre in its class.
- Built-in eight channel 24-bit/96 kHz digital output: Make the most of your interface's ADAT input. OctoPre connects via its built-in lightpipe output, with a 'real world' dynamic range performance of 110dB.
- Mic-pres optimised for tracking drums: OctoPre MkII is designed not to clip, with pre-amps optimised to handle extreme levels from sound sources like kick drum and snare.
- Two quality Hi-Z instrument inputs: OctoPre MkII's first two channels feature DI's, ready for you to plug in your Guitars and Bass, instantly accessible on the front fascia.
- 5 LED input metering on every channel: OctoPre MkII's fast-acting 5-LED input meters provide clear reference of input levels, helping you to avoid analogue or digital clipping.
- -10dB Pads on every channel: OctoPre MkII is drum-ready, with 10dB pads to stop hot signals from overdriving the microphone pre-amp.
- Direct outputs on every channel: For routing and flexibility, especially in the live environment. Each mic-pre can be routed to the mixers analogue channels, with two mirrored ADAT outputs (44.1) left free to send to digital recorders.
- 48V Phantom power available on every channel: Switched in two groups (1-4 and 5-8) every channel is capable of supplying phantom power, for use with most condenser microphones.
- State-of-the-art Clocking Solutions: OctoPre MkII Dynamic's internal clock delivers a jitter performance of < 10 PPM. For external clocks, a BNC connector is provided and industry-standard JetPLL jitter elimination technology is employed.
- Mic Gain: +10dB to + 55 dB
- Line 1-8 Gain: -10 dB to +36 dB
- Instrument Gain: +10 dB to +55 dB
- Input Pad on inputs 1-8: -10 dB
- Phantom power switched in 2 x 4 channel groups (1-4 and 5-8)
- Mic and instrument maximum input level: +8 dBu (+17 dBu with pad on input)
- Line maximum input level: +22 dBu
- Nominal output level @ 0dBFS: 16 dBu, balanced
- Sample rates: 44.1kHz to 96kHz.
- Clock Sources: Internal clock and sync'ing to Word Clock Input.
- Dimensions: W = 484mm / 19", H = 45mm / 1.8", D = 265mm / 10.4"
- Weight: 3.6 kg / 7.93
- (CHANNELS AT A GLANCE)
- No. 2:
- Format: mic/line/Inst.
- Connector: Combi XLR.
- Details: Switch to instrument via front panel.
- No. 6:
- Format: Mic/Line.
- Connector: Combi XLR.
- Details: On the rear.
- Format: Analogue.
- Connector: line 1/4" TRS Jack.
- Details: Balanced.
- Format: ADAT.
- Connector: Dual lightpipe.
- Details: 8 channels at 96kHz.
* (Lightpipes are mirrored at 48kHz)
- Mic / Line inputs on XLR Combo with auto-switching between Mic (XLR) and Line (TRS)
- Mic / Line / Instrument on Channels 1 & 2: 2 x XLR Combos on front panel
- Mic / Line 3-8: 6 x XLR Combo on rear.
- Instrument: As above, switched to Instrument (inputs 1 & 2 only)
- Line level 8 x 1/4" TRS Jack.
- ADAT Out 1 & 2: 8 channels (44.1 / 48kHz, 16 channels total); 4 channels S-MUX (88.2 / 96kHz, 8 channels total)
- Running at 44.1/48kHz will ultimately provide the user with 2 sets of 8 outputs (mirrored)
- Internal Universal Input PSU.
Front Panel Indicators:
- Metering of analogue inputs (channels 1-8), 5 segment (-42, -18, -6, -3 and 0dBFS).
- 4 Sample Rate LED's (44.1k, 48k, 88.2k & 96k).
- 2 Sync Source LED's (Internal, Word Clock).
- 'Lock' Indicator LED.
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.