Focusrite Forte 2in/4out USB 2.0 Audio Interface for Mac and PC
Product Ref: 29467
Focusrite Forte 2in/4out USB 2.0 Audio Interface for Mac and PCDetails
The Focusrite Forte is a professional portable USB audio interface for use with Mac and Windows. With 2 inputs and 4 outputs the Forte will deliver high quality analogue sources to your DAW. It Features Two remote-controlled mic preamps with the unrivalled sound quality you would expect from a device bearing the Forte name.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Focusrite's original Forte was based on the ground-breaking mic pre and compression modules created by Rupert Neve in the '80s. Designed to offer the very highest audio path quality, the Forte console sets the benchmark for mic preamplifiers and dynamic control.
Housed in a compact aluminium case, Focusrite have specifically designed the Forte to provide a rugged and effective input path to your computer for your mic, line and instrument sources at the highest possible quality. Particularly useful for delivering leading dynamic range and noise-floor, the Forte ensures you get the best sound quality at all times.
Able to connect to both Mac and Windows computers via USB 2.0 and featuring two of Focusrite's remote controlled microphone preamplifiers, the Forte incorporates precision 24 bit A-D and D-A converters operating at sample rates of up to 192kHz. The conversion stages have had the utmost care and attention paid to them in order to deliver the greatest possible performance.
Intuitive operation is enabled by the Forte's user friendly control interface. The organic LED display indicates mic, line in, line out and headphone levels, gain structure and other functionality. The single large control knob can be operated in conjunction with a series of touch sensitive icons allowing you to control preamplifier and output functions, input, monitor, headphones, control DAW functions and remotely control your music software.
A breakout cable with locking connector is included for microphone (XLR) and line/instrument (TRS) inputs and balanced line and independent headphone outputs are provided on the unit itself meaning the breakout cable is not required when you just want to use playback applications. The mic and line level inputs on the breakout cable are separate, so you are able to keep your inputs connected at all times without needing to re-patch when you go from one to the other.
The elegant aluminium case has non slip strips on the base to ensure stability during operation. An external power supply is included with the unit, however this is only necessary when Phantom Power operation is required as otherwise the Forte operates solely on bus power.
Also included is the Forte Control software application which allows the configuration of low latency monitoring, mic pre level adjustment along with the classic Focusrite Midnight plugin suite.
For more detailed specifications, please download the Forte User Guide PDF from the link below.
- I/O: 2 in / 4 out
- Conversion: 192KHz, 24-bit
- Preamps: 2 Focusrite mic preamps
- Casing Material: Silver Aluminium
- Encoder: Large multi-function push encoder
- Mode Buttons: 4 touch-sensitive mode buttons
- Headphone socket: Yes
- Monitor outputs: 2 x balanced 1/4" TRS Jack
- Input Loom socket: Rear panel
- Power socket: Rear panel
- USB type: 2.0
- Kensington lock slot: Rear panel
- Included software: Focusrite Midnight plug-in suite, Forte Control software application
- Dimensions (mm): 170 x 116 x 36
- Weight (g): 476
- Mac: USB 2.0 port, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) or 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- Windows: USB 2.0 port, Windows 7 or 8 (32- or 64-bit)
The product price includes a one year warranty and 28 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 28 days to 90 days (terms apply after 28 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.