Focal CMS 50 Active Studio Monitor Speaker (Single)
Focal CMS 50 Active Studio Monitor Speaker (Single)Details
Product Ref: 13467View Full Description
Buy on finance from £11.57 per month Finance from £11.57 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
AI-MG Inverted Dome Tweeter
The Focal CMS 50 is a compact yet robust aluminium based studio monitor featuring a specialised AI-MG inverted dome tweeter. This specialised design improves the performance tenfold, with the inverted dome giving you a balanced yet prominent high-end response. The inverted dome optimises the coupling between the voice coil and the dome for the best possible audio quality and performance. The voice coil of the tweeter is fixed in the middle of the dome, allowing the coil to move the the entire cones surface. This specailised design process ensures a prominent high-end response, improving precision and balance.
Reference Quality At An Affordable Price
With its range of premium-quality components, the Focal CMS 50 is designed to provide reference-quality audio at an affordable price. One of the most impressive features of the CMS 50 is the wide stereo image, allowing you to hear every nuance of the audio for added precision when producing. The specialised inverted dome tweeter also improves audio quality and performance value, improving the high-end response and optimising the balance between the high-end and low-end. The tweeter itself is constructed from an aluminium and magnesium alloy, combining the two material to produce a precise sounds for a deep soundstage. The polyglass cone also delivers a superior low-end with added depth and prominence for an impressive linearity. Focal custom design their polyglass cones creating them by applying molten-glass microballs onto a cellulose pulp cone, combining to improve rigidity and linearity. This process results in an exceptional low-end response, whilst improving the definition of the mid-range.
Compact Yet Robust Design
The Focal CMS 50s compact yet robust design makes it perfect for a range of applications, from home studios to portable applications and more. The speaker itself stands at 5'', delivering reference-quality performance at a price that won't hurt your pocket. The bi-amped studio monitor featuring an aluminium enclosure with a range of high-quality and robust components for increased durability and performance. The small size of the speakers also makes them perfect for taking with you on the move. This is ideal for musicians constantly travelling that may need to take their monitors with them for referencing on the move.
- 2 way bi-amplified near field professional monitoring systems
- Neutral, dynamic and detailed sound for optimum reproduction
- Deep, large and precise soundstage
- Numerous settings and fixing accessories for acoustic and aesthetic integration without compromise
- Acoustically treated aluminum box offering perfect sound transparency
- Compact systems combining easy installation and irreproachable sound quality
- Frequency Response: (+/- 3dB) 55Hz - 28kHz
- Maximum SPL: 107dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- Type/Impedance: Balanced 20 kOhms / Unbalanced 47 kOhm
- Connector: XLR / RCA
- LF Amplifier Stage: 80W rms, class AB
- HF amplifier Stage: 50W rms, class AB
- Mains Voltage: 220-230V (1.6A fuse rating)
- Connection: IEC inlet and detachable power cord
- Sensitivity: Adjustable, +4dBu / 0 / -10dBV
- Sound Level: Adjustable, -66dB / 0dB
- High Pass Filter: Adjustable, idle / 45 / 60 / 90Hz (12dB / oct.)
- LF shelving: Adjustable, 0 / -4 / -2 / +2dB
- HF shelving: Adjustable, 0 / -4 / -2 / +2dB
- Desktop notch: (160Hz) - Adjustable, 0 / -2 / -4 / -6dB
- Power: Power ON / OFF switch, mains voltage selector
- Standby: Standby / ON switch
- Power ON / OFF: Switch
- Power ON / OFF LED
- Audio clip LED
- Woofer: 5" Focal drive unit, Polyglass cone
- High Frequency: Aluminum-Magnesium inverted dome Focal tweeter
- Shielding: Integral by cancellation magnet design
- Construction: Reinforced and damped die cast aluminum cabinet
- Finish: Black Powder Coating
- Dimensions with 4 rubber spikes: (HxWxD) - 289.5 x 190 x 201mm
- 1 decoupling table stand
- 4 rubber feet
- 2 height adjustable spikes
- 1 phase optimization plug (tweeter) - It is recommended you remove all grilles and fit the phase plug
- 2 removable grilles (tweeter and woofer)
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.