Event 20/20 BAS V3 Active Studio Monitors (Pair)
Product Ref: 22810
Event 20/20 BAS V3 Active Studio Monitors (Pair)Details
First released in 1995, the original 20/20 nearfield studio monitor revolutionised the recording industry and secured itself a place in the hearts of audio engineers the world over for its truthful reproduction and outstanding sonic character.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
This two-way front ported speaker incorporates a number of fundamental improvements over the original model while remaining true to its tonal character and performance strengths.
Event's engineering team used ideas and technologies from its flagship Opal speaker in order to achieve performance in keeping with the company design philosophy of high output, low distortion and excellent dynamics.
A Modern Classic
Now fifteen years later Event is pioneering a new generation of clarity, transparency and definition with the release of the 20/20BAS. This speaker incorporates a number of fundamental improvements over the original model while remaining true to its character and performance strengths. The original transducer design and cabinet volume have been maintained, however the high and low frequency amplifiers, cabinet bracing and overall construction have been revolutionised to improve audio characteristics, increase dynamics and extend reliability.
Event's engineering team used ideas and technologies from its flagship Opal speaker in order to achieve performance in keeping with the company design philosophy of high output, low distortion and excellent dynamics. Fully discrete Class AB amplifiers for the tweeter and woofer provide up to 250 watts of burst power with less than .01% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD). This more than doubles the power provided by the original 20/20bas amplifier design with less than half the distortion. Sustained high output performance is ensured through a new oversized toroidal power supply that can ensure sustained extreme low frequency reproduction. "We were very respectful to the original 20/20 speaker" explains Event's Director of Engineering, Marcelo Vercelli. "Everyone in Event's design department has great respect for the speaker, but we saw a few areas where we could use techologies developed for Opal to get even better dynamics with lower distortion. The new low frequency amp can deliver up to 250w of peak power into the woofer. This gives you the BOOM... the definition in the bottom end that you're looking for."
- Frequency Response: 35Hz - 20kHz ±2dB
- Crossover Frequency: 2300Hz
- Magnetic Shielding: Bucking magnet and steel cap
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.01 120 Watts into 4 Ohm Load
- Long Term Power @ 4 Ohms: 80 Watts
- Burst Power @ 4 Ohms: 120 Watts
- Output Topology: Class AB
- Subsonic Filter: -3dB @ 30Hz
- Driver Protection: Current Limiting
- Temperature Protection: Thermal Cut-Off Switch
- Cabinet Construction: MDF
- Low Frequency Vents: Front Port
- Cabinet Dimensions: 260mmW x 375mmH x 300mmD (10.2"W x 14.8"H x 11.8"D)
- Cabinet Weight: 17kg (37.48lb)
The product price includes a one year warranty and 14 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 14 days to 60 days (terms apply after 14 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within mainland UK, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.