Dynaudio LYD 48 White with Stands, Pair
Dynaudio LYD 48 White with Stands, PairDetails
Product Ref: 85038View Full Description
Buy on finance from £51.83 per month Finance from £51.83 per month
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Custom Handcrafted Drivers
The Dynaudio LYD 48 Active Studio Monitor sets out to redefine the personal reference monitoring world, with the LYD award-winning series returning with this brand-new 3-way design. The Dynaudio LYD 48 Studio Monitor features custom hand-made Dynaudio drivers, powered by state-of-the-art Class D amplification. The hand-crafted drivers deliver exceptional audio performance with the soft-dome silk tweeter featuring an aluminium voice coil designed to reproduce high-end frequencies a natural and unfiltered way. The voice coils utilises a unique design with the aluminium being placed over copper to drastically reduce the weight of the voice coil, improving the thermal behaviour for better performance. The hand-made 4 and 8 inch drivers are constructed from Magnesium Silicate Polymer (MSP), providing the optimal balance between weight, stiffness and dampening. Combined with the HF driver, the MF and LF drivers work together to create a phenomenal sonic performance with less thermal distortion and improved audio quality. This left version of the studio monitor is tuned and designed to be placed on the left hand side of your listening position.
Exceptional Audio Quality
In addition the hand-made custom drivers, the Dynaudio LYD 48 Reference Monitor features a tri-amped design with a 96kHz/24-bit signal path as well as a DSP designed to extend the low frequency response by 10Hz when required, allowing you to use the monitors for both nearfield and midfield applications. The exceptional audio performance and high-end signal path, makes the Dynaudio LYD48 perfect for mixing and mastering applications, providing reference-grade audio in any setting. The extended frequency range and custom drivers deliver unparalleled accuracy and sonic performance, capturing every nuance of your original sound for reference-grade audio.
The built-in DSP features a range of convenient controls designed for catering to your own space, tuning and optimising the monitors sound for a better audio performance. The bass extension control allows you to extend the low frequency response by +10Hz or -10Hz, allowing you to compromise between low frequency reproduction and maximum SPL. The position controls allow you to optimise the sonic characteristics of your monitor in relation to the positioning in your studio space. You can choose between a ‘Wall’ and ‘Free’ setting which allows you to use two different tunings for when the monitor is positioned against the wall or free-standing. Additionally, the sound balance control tunes the monitor by titling the whole frequency spectrum. This works by llifting on end of the frequency spectrum while lowering the other by the same amount. The sound balance control allows you to emulate different sound systems, designed to improve your overall mix when referencing it between different speakers.
Design & Connectivity
The robust yet sleek design of the Dynaudio LYD 48 Studio Monitor is ideal for any studio space, with its ability to cater to both nearfield and midfield applications. The bass reflex design of the Dynaudio LYD 48 provides an extended low-end response for added depth in the bass. The robust construction is designed for reliability with adjustable input sensitivity control and DSP featured on the rear of the speaker. The rear panel also features a selectable auto-standby mode, turning the monitor off when it has not been used for a period of time to save power. XLR and RCA inputs are also included on the rear, allowing you to easily connect to an external audio device such as an interface.
- Personal reference monitors for mixing and mastering applications
- Custom hand-crafted drivers
- Ideal for nearfield and midfield referencing applications
- Built-in DSP for improved audio performance
- Tri-amped design
- State-of-the-art Class D amplification
- Bass reflex design for extended low-end response
- Adjustable input sensitivity
- Selectable auto-standby mode
- Available in black and white
- Max. SPL (1m, Pair): 114 dB
- Frequency response: 40Hz – 21kH
- Signal Path: 96kHz/24bit
- Inputs: XLR & RCA
- DSP: Bass extension control, position control, sound balance control
- LF: 8-inch, 80W Woofer
- MF: 4-Inch, 50W Midrange
- HF: 1-inch 50W soft-dome tweeter
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 234 x 369 x 328mm
- Weight: 12kg
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.