DISC Yamaha HS50M Active Studio Monitor (Single)
Product Ref: 8477
DISC Yamaha HS50M Active Studio Monitor (Single)Details
The Yamaha HS50M active studio monitor is designed to deliver an exceptionally flat, accurate response that you can trust. When you need an honest reference for your mix, not one that has been tweaked or coloured to sound impressive, the HS50M provides. It also looks great, with the legendary Yamaha white cone at its heart.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The HS50M's elegant white cone speaker delivers superlative audio performance, enhanced by a carefully-engineered mounting system that eliminates spurious vibration and resonance. The woofer performance is also boosted by a magnet selected to produce accurate, solid low-end response. At the other end of the frequency range, the tweeter frame has an advanced, smooth-contour design to minimise losses and extra thickness to minimise resonance, ensuring that the high frequency details come through with remarkable accuracy.
As the HS50M is bi-amplified, the woofer and tweeter are driven by separate power amplifiers to eliminate interaction between the units as well as the response and phase anomalies that are introduced by passive crossover networks. Both speaker units function at optimum performance levels and there is no need for a separate power amplifier.
HS50M monitors work great as a pair for outstanding monitoring performance, but they can also be used to produce state-of-the-art 5.1 surround sound when five monitors are combined with the HS10W subwoofer. You get competitive surround-monitoring performance without the big-studio pricetag.
Extra versatility is provided by the HS50M's response control switches, which are specifically designed to compensate for common acoustic deficiencies. They allow you to tailor the output to the acoustics of the room and the positioning of the monitor.
Features and Specifications
For further information about the Yamaha HS50M Speaker, please download the owner's manual PDF from the link below.
- Type: Bi-amp 2-way powered speaker with full magnetic shielding
- Crossover Frequency: 3kHz
- Frequency Response: 55Hz - 20 kHz
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 165 x 268 x 222mm
- Weight (kg): 5.8kg
- LF: 5" Cone
- HF: 3/4" Dome
- Enclosure Type: Bass-Reflex
- Enclosure Material: MDF
- Total Output: 70W Dynamic Power
- LF: 45W (4Ohm)
- HF: 25W (8 Ohm)
- Input Impedance: +4dBu / -10dBu
- Input Terminal: XLR, Phones
- Control Switch: Level, Low Cut, EQ Mid, EQ High, Room Control
- Indicator: Power On LED
- Power Consumption: 60W
The product price includes a one year warranty and 14 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 14 days to 60 days (terms apply after 14 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within mainland UK, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.