View Full Description
The HS50M's elegant white cone speaker delivers superlative audio performance, enhanced by a carefully-engineered mounting system that eliminates spurious vibration and resonance. The woofer performance is also boosted by a magnet selected to produce accurate, solid low-end response. At the other end of the frequency range, the tweeter frame has an advanced, smooth-contour design to minimise losses and extra thickness to minimise resonance, ensuring that the high frequency details come through with remarkable accuracy.
As the HS50M is bi-amplified, the woofer and tweeter are driven by separate power amplifiers to eliminate interaction between the units as well as the response and phase anomalies that are introduced by passive crossover networks. Both speaker units function at optimum performance levels and there is no need for a separate power amplifier.
HS50M monitors work great as a pair for outstanding monitoring performance, but they can also be used to produce state-of-the-art 5.1 surround sound when five monitors are combined with the HS10W subwoofer. You get competitive surround-monitoring performance without the big-studio pricetag.
Extra versatility is provided by the HS50M's response control switches, which are specifically designed to compensate for common acoustic deficiencies. They allow you to tailor the output to the acoustics of the room and the positioning of the monitor.
Features and Specifications
For further information about the Yamaha HS50M Speaker, please download the owner's manual PDF from the link below.
- Type: Bi-amp 2-way powered speaker with full magnetic shielding
- Crossover Frequency: 3kHz
- Frequency Response: 55Hz - 20 kHz
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 165 x 268 x 222mm
- Weight (kg): 5.8kg
- LF: 5" Cone
- HF: 3/4" Dome
- Enclosure Type: Bass-Reflex
- Enclosure Material: MDF
- Total Output: 70W Dynamic Power
- LF: 45W (4Ohm)
- HF: 25W (8 Ohm)
- Input Impedance: +4dBu / -10dBu
- Input Terminal: XLR, Phones
- Control Switch: Level, Low Cut, EQ Mid, EQ High, Room Control
- Indicator: Power On LED
- Power Consumption: 60W
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under The Consumer Contracts (information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- Headphones and In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.