Avantone BV-12 Multi-Pattern Custom Tube Microphone
Avantone BV-12 Multi-Pattern Custom Tube MicrophoneDetails
Product Ref: 37155View Full Description
Buy on finance from £30.04 per month Finance from £30.04 per month
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Exceptional Audio Fidelity
The Avantone BV-12 is designed to deliver exceptional audio fidelity for a wide range of sources. Primarily intended for vocals, the BV-12 will also easily handle recording a range of other sources including acoustic guitars, mandolin, drum overheads, pianos and more. The selectable pickup pattern also means the microphone is suited to being a room mic, picking up even the most subtle of ambient sounds for added depth. The design and character of the BV-12 is unparalleled for its price range, supplying you with a range of premium-quality components normally reserved for higher priced microphones. The design is intended to replicate the style and sound of classic vintage tube mics from the ‘50s and ‘60s at an affordable price range. The transformer couples circuitry and ‘hand-selected’ Russian tube ensures optimal audio quality and performance that will stand the test of time.
Versatile Recording Applications
The Avantone BV-12 features a range of components that make the microphone suited to recording more than just vocals. The 9-pattern pickup selector allows you to optimise the microphone to perform better in different settings and for recording a range of sources. Featured as standard are Omni, Cardioid and Figure-8 pickup patterns as well as 6 ‘in-between’ settings, allowing you to cater the microphones characteristics to the source you wish to record. For instance the omni-mode pickup pattern works well in certain rooms for ambient room mic usage. This makes the BV-12 ideal for recording everything from acoustic guitars, pianos, drum overheads to vocals and pianos. Also included is -10dB pad and 80 Hz roll off switches which can be selected for higher level audio sources such as pianos, eliminating any distortion from more demanding instruments.
Design & Construction
The vintage design of the BV-12 captures the essence of the tube microphones used in the ‘50s and ‘60s whilst utilising modern innovations to improve functionality and longevity. The BV-12 utilises dual 34mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsule assemblies plus a ‘hand-selected’ Russian-made 6072A tube for optimal audio quality and performance. This results in the classic warmth normally associated with vintage tube microphones. The microphones body is comprised of precision machined brass for optimal durability. Coated with a elegant Butter Cream finish accented with polished nickel trim and grill for that vintage aesthetic. Additionally the BV-12 comes complete with a range of accessories for transporting, storing and improving your microphones performance including: PS-1 Power Supply, Custom Retro Shockmount, Mogami GoldStudio Pro 15’ XLR Cable, Elegant Padded Genuine Wood Mic Box, Handcrafted Tweed Travel Case and the Owners Manual.
- Avantone BV-12 Tube Microphone
- Avantone Custom Retro Shockmount
- Avantone PS-1 Multi-Pattern Power Supply
- Mogami GoldStudio Pro 15’ XLR Cable
- Elegant Padded Genuine Wooden Microphone Box
- Handcrafted Tweed Travel Case
- Owner’s Manual
- Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability
- The versatile BV-12 mic is able to produce professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character
- The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
- The PS-1 power supply offers access not only to the above OMNI, CARDIOID, and FIGURE-8 patterns but also 6 "in-between" settings. Most vocals will be best suited to Cardioid pattern but you may experiment to satisfy yourself. The omni-mode works well in some rooms for ambient room mic usage.
- -10 dB pad & 80 Hz LF roll off switches
- Type: Tube-Type True Condenser
- Capsule: Dual-sided 34mm edge-terminated gold-sputtered Mylar (6 micron)
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Buttercream Body
- Polar Pattern/s: 9 Patterns selectable at PS-1 Power Supply
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance:
- Maximum SPL: 136dB (0.5 THD @ 1000Hz) 146dB with pad engaged
- Equivalent noise level: 17dB (A weighted EC651)
- S/N Ratio re 1Pa: 78dB
- Sensitivity: -38dB
- Output connector: Male XLR 7 pin with special power supply and cables
- High-Pass Switch: 80 Hz 6dB/Octave
- Attenuation Switch: -10dB
- Included Accessories: Wood box, shockmount, 7-pin cable, Tweed road case, PS-1 power supply
- Power Requirement: Dedicated PS-1 Power Supply, 115/230VAC selectable
- Weight (kg): 8
- Dimensions (mm): 237 x 46
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.