Alesis M1 Active 520 USB Active Studio Monitors, Pair
Product Ref: 13942
Alesis M1 Active 520 USB Active Studio Monitors, PairDetails
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Alesis M1Active 520USB are built around Alesis' popular five-inch polypropylene low-frequency driver which delivers a full, smooth response in the low end, the one-inch silk dome high-frequency driver provides absolute clarity in the highs. The M1 520's feature a custom crossover that avoids the crucial vocal midrange, ensuring that your mixes sound the way you recorded them.
The low-resonance bass reflex cabinet features radiused edges to reduce edge diffraction and a tuned port for bass extension. A bass boost switch offers low-frequency enhancement to further accommodate for room conditions requiring a little more output in the low end.
Professional Monitoring Options
When you reach for the convenient front panel volume control, you can be confident that the power you need will be there with M1Active 520 USB's bi-amplified design delivering 30W per speaker. Like the rest of the M1Active series, M1Active 520 USB are magnetically shielded, so there's never an issue of placement near computer screen, LCDs, or hard drives.
The front-panel stereo 1/4" headphone output mutes the loudspeakers when connected. When you connect headphones, the main volume control automatically switches to controlling the headphone output.
M1Active 520 USB feature a large, front-panel, bi-color indicator that indicates presence of signal in blue and clipping in red for instant feedback on system status.
Professional quality analog input jacks are located on the rear. Two balanced-1/4" inputs enable engineers to connect a stereo source or two mono sources. For convenient recordings, simply connect the stereo output of a mixer. You can create complete recordings with no additional audio interface!
The speakers are interconnected using a standard XLR cable for secure, professional connection. For worldwide operation, M1Active 520 USB features a voltage-switchable power supply.
All-in-one Solution to Recording and Monitoring
In addition to their capabilities as traditional monitor loudspeakers, M1Active 520 USB monitors contain a USB audio interface. Connected audio sources such as mic preamps and instruments can be recorded directly into your computer at 16-bit, 44.1 or 48 kHz. Simply plug the USB cable into your computer. No special drivers required. And when it's time to listen back to your mixes, that same USB cable sends 16-bit, 44.1 or 48 kHz, stereo audio from computer to your M1Active 520 USBs. No more complicated interfaces and messy cable tangles.
- Two-way, active, bi-amplified pair of reference studio-monitor loudspeakers
- Wide, 56 ? 20,000 Hz frequency response
- 60W system with 30W per speaker
- Works with iPad via Apple USB Adaptor (sold separately).
- Five-inch lightweight polypropylene woofer
- One-inch silk-dome tweeter
- Integrated USB audio interface with 16-bit, 44.1/48 kHz recording and playback
- Two balanced-1/4" inputs
- Stereo, 1/4" headphone output
- Magnetically shielded for placement near TV and computer monitors
- Low-resonance cabinet with tuned bass port
- Bi-color signal/clip indicator
- Switchable power supply ensures worldwide operation
- This product is class compliant; it does not require drivers
- Low-frequency driver: 5" lightweight, magnetically-shielded, ultra-stiff polypropylene cone with rubber surround and high power handling voice coil
- High-frequency driver: one-inch silk dome with magnetic shielding
- Frequency Response: 56 - 20,000 Hz
- Power: 30 W per channel RMS
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >90dB weighted
- Digital Conversion: 16-bit delta sigma, 44.1kHz or 48kHz sampling rate
- Inputs: two balanced-1/4"
- Polarity: Positive signal on "+" pin creates forward cone displacement
- Input Impedance: 10k ohms
- Input Level: -10dBV nominal, balanced
- Dynamic Range: >80dB
- Dimensions: (WxDxH) 7.25" x 8.875? x 10.625?
- Two M1Active 520 USB loudspeakers
- XLR interconnection cable (6 ft)
- USB cable (6 ft)
- IEC power cable
- Quick star manual
- Safety and warranty guide
The product price includes a one year warranty and 28 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 3 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 28 days to 60 days (terms apply after 28 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 3 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under The Consumer Contracts (information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
Once the product is delivered, you have 28 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.