View Full Description
Designed For Modern Live Performance
Taking qualities from the C535 microphone, the AKG C636 provides vocalists with a pure studio sound suitable for live performances. The precise condenser microphone allows you to focus purely on your singing rather than the gear behind it, allowing you to perform to your best. Knowing the harsh environment of the live stage, AKG have designed the C636 microphone to efficiently reject high amounts of handling noise, pop noise, and interfering feedback.
AKG Standard Condenser Quality
The AKG brand has built itself on the basis of outstanding studio-quality sound. The C636 is the next in line of high quality condenser microphones and features a custom-tuned capsule to deliver an uncompressed sound similar to the popular C535. The newly crafted components such as the multi-layer pop system, double shock suspension system and feedback suppressors add nuanced studio fidelity to your stage performance.
Aggressive Stage Durability
Studio microphones rarely translate well to the stage environment. However the C636's handpicked components were pierced together to deliver a microphone with outstanding capabilities on stage and in the studio. The proprietary double shock suspension system reduces handling noise drastically even with the most hands-on performances. The microphone capsule includes a highly absorbent rubber bearing to resist structure-made noise and an adjustable balanced network eliminates vibrations over a wide frequency range. Finally, the condenser microphone by AKG contains a brass layer just below the capsule to improve stability and emit cleaner acoustics.
Efficient Feedback Elimination
Uniform cardioid polar patterns give microphones the most sensitivity within the front of the mic and the least in the back. The pick-up pattern offers resistance to unwanted ambient noise and feedback, making them ideal for loud, busy stages. The C636 moves one step further in feedback elimination by adding a specially designed suspension and grille for the capsule. The intuitive approach to the construction of the capsule rejects unwanted sound reflections on the back of the capsule as this is the most common cause for feedback in other microphones.
Triple Layered Pop Noise Protection
Gathering feedback from their audience, AKG designed the C636 to deliver clear and pop-free vocal performances to singers. The condenser microphone features a multi-layer protection system and consists of the grille, a foam layer behind the grille and a computer-modeled mesh layer at the top of the capsule. This innovative triple-layer protection system is primarily unique to the AKG brand and is extremely rare among microphones within the same price range.
All the inside components of the C636 meet today's sound standards, so it's only fair that the microphone is constructed with the same quality. Featuring rugged zinc alloy and spring steel grille, the master reference microphone ensures stability during extensive touring and use. With a 24-karat gold-plated capsule, the C636 is resistant to moisture and corrosion and ultimately lets you enjoy your performance, hassle-free.
Included In The Box
- Multi-layer pop noise rejection system
- Proprietary double shock suspension system
- Hand-selected, manually tuned components
- Feedback-suppressing cardioid polar pattern
- Durable, rugged construction
- Transparent, unfiltered sound
- Rugged zinc alloy housing & spring steel grille
- 24-karat gold-plated capsule
- Type: 3/4" Back Electret Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 5.6 mV/Pa (-45 dBV)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Impedance: ≤ 200Ω
- Recommended Load Impedance: ≥ 2000Ω
- Equivalent Noise Level To IEC 60268-4: 20 dB(A)
- Signal To Noise: 74 dB(A) re 1 Pa
- Max. SPL For 0.5% THD: 150 dB
- Temperature Range: -10°C to +60°C
- Phantom Powering: 48 V ±4 V
- Current Consumption: ≤ 4 mA
- Connector: 3-Pin XLR (Pin 2 Hot)
- Bass Cut Pad: 80 Hz, 12 dB/Octave
- Body Material: Metal
- Finish: Black
- Length: 185 mm
- Diameter: 51 mm
- Weight: 312 g
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.