dbx 166XS Dual Compressor/Limiter/Gate
dbx 166XS Dual Compressor/Limiter/GateDetails
Most compressor/gates provide less than musical compression, coupled with gating that swallows transients - or closes early, cutting off decay and reverb tails. The superb engineering in the 166XS ensures that both its compression and gating provide versatility and excellent sonic performance in situations where other compressor/gates typically produce undesirable processing artifacts.
Product Ref: 8820View Full Description
Spend another £101.00 to buy on finance Finance from £6.82 per month
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
When using the 166XS's Attack and Release controls, artists and engineers will find that the center settings deliver classic dbx compression, while the full control range produces voicings that extend from slow leveling to aggressive peak limiting. The 166XS's advanced gate circuitry uses a completely new, program-dependent timing algorithm to produce ultra-smooth release characteristics - even with complex signals, such as voice or reverb decays. dbx engineers went on to take advantage of the wide dynamic range and high precision of the dbx V1 VCA to design in an extra-wide threshold range and ensure top gating performance for each application.
Separate precision LED displays for gain reduction, compression threshold and gate threshold allow quick, accurate setup, while the 166XS's intuitive operation lets users easily smooth uneven levels, add sustain to guitars, squash drums or tighten up mixes. In Stereo couple mode, the Channel 1 controls become Master controls, and Channel 2 follows precisely to ensure a rock solid stereo image - even with high amounts of compression, through True RMS Power Summing. Professionals and newcomers alike will find that the 166XS sets up rapidly and musically the first time it is used, especially with the Auto attack and release function. Advanced applications are now easy, with the 166XS's full sidechain functionality, and the ability to use either hard knee or OverEasy compression algorithms. Add to this already impressive list of features the venerable PeakStop limiter, and you've got a strong finisher, every time.
The dbx 166XS processor is the result of an intensive engineering and product development effort aimed at taking advantage of the latest and best advances in manufacturing technology to deliver true dbx audio performance and reliability to our customers at the lowest possible cost. The 166XS puts a completely new level of compressor/gate performance within everyone's reach.
- Connector: 1/4" TRS and XLR, Floating Balanced;
- XLR: Pin 2 hot Phone: Tip Hot HI
- Impedance: >50k ohm balanced, >25k ohm unbalanced
- Maximum Level: +24dBu, Balanced or Unbalanced
- CMRR: >40dB at 1kHz, typically >55dB
- Connector: 1/4" TRS Phone, Normalled: Ring = Output (send); tip = Input (return)
- Impedance: Tip = >10k ohm (Input), Ring = 2k ohm (Output)
- Maximum Level: +24dBu
- Connector: 1/4" TRS phone and XLR floating balanced, XLR: Pin 2 and Tip Hi
- Impedance: 120 ohm balanced, 60 ohm unbalanced
- Maximum Level: +21dBu,>+20 dBm into 600 ohm, balanced or unbalanced
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz; +0, -0.5dB, Typical 3dB points are 0.35Hz and 110kHz, unity gain
- Noise: <-90dBu, 22Hz to 22kHz, no weighting, unity gain
- THD + N: Typically <0.04 ; Any Amount of Compression Up to 40dB@1kHz
- SMPTE IMD Typically <0.08 @ +10dBu (15dB Gain reduction)
- Threshold Range: -40dBu to +20dBu
- Threshold Characteristic: Selectable OverEasy or hard knee
- Compression Ratio: Variable; 1:1 to Infinity:1; 60dB Maximum Compression
- Attack Time: Variable program-dependent; 3ms to 340ms for 15dB gain reduction
- Release Time: Variable program-dependent; 200dB/Sec to 3dB/Sec
- Threshold Range: OFF to +15dBu
- Expansion Ratio: 10:1
- Maximum Depth: >60dB
- Attack Time: <500 pico s (from Maximum Depth)
- Release Time: Adjustable, 30ms to 3sec (to 30dB attenuation)
- PeakStop Limiter
- Threshold Range: 0dBu to +20dBu
- Gain Adjustment
- Range: Variable; -20dB to +20dB
- Inter channel Crosstalk <-80dB, 20Hz to 20kHz
- Dynamic Range: >115 dB
- Stereo Coupling: True RMS Power Summing
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.